Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
anchors?
As in kids who are American citizens?
Citizenship granted ONLY because of a disgusting hijacking of the 14th amendment. Citizenship granted in error.

Last edited by nicolem; 09-15-2008 at 06:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Citizenship granted ONLY because of a disgusting hijacking of the 14th amendment. Citizenship granted in error.
Hijacking of the 14th amendment?

Its been the law for a very long time. Lots of countries practice Jus Soli. America being one of them.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are American citizens whether you like it or not. No matter how poor they are.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Hijacking of the 14th amendment?

Its been the law for a very long time. Lots of countries practice Jus Soli. America being one of them.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are American citizens whether you like it or not. No matter how poor they are.
What does being poor have to do with it? You are the one who brought that up. I don't care if an anchor is rich or poor-the fact that they have been granted citizenship is wrong. In my eyes they have tainted citizenship and I will always feel that way. So will many others.

There is growing outrage against this and I have confidence that the hijacking of an amendment that rightfully provided citizenship to children of slaves will be stopped.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
What does being poor have to do with it? You are the one who brought that up. I don't care if an anchor is rich or poor-the fact that they have been granted citizenship is wrong. In my eyes they have tainted citizenship and I will always feel that way. So will many others.

There is growing outrage against this and I have confidence that the hijacking of an amendment that rightfully provided citizenship to children of slaves will be stopped.

I thought you guys were angry about Mexico's poor ending up here?
Even the ones who are American citizens(anchor babies).

Its not wrong. They are born here. Its only a big deal when a bunch of poor children of immigrants get citizenship, but nobody complains about the richer ones who are born here to wealthier parents.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I thought you weres angry about Mexico's poor ending up here?
Even the ones who are American citizens(anchor babies).
Don't put words in my mouth.

I am angry about ALL illegal aliens and ALL anchor babies being here. I don't give a crap if they are rich or poor or where they come from. I have never said that I am ONLY angry about those from Mexico and you know that.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:

I am angry about ALL illegal aliens and ALL anchor babies being here. I don't give a crap if they are rich or poor or where they come from. I have never said that I am ONLY angry about those from Mexico and you know that.
I dont see any other reason why you wouldnt want someone who was born in this country to be a citizen of this country, or to be angry at them "being here".

Old 09-15-2008, 01:35 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:

That's their mantra because that's all they care about. Their breeders and other familia in this country illegally. The rest of the IA's of different races/ethnicities that participated in those marches were merely pawns in the laraza power in numbers game.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I dont see any other reason why you wouldnt want someone who was born in this country to be a citizen of this country, or to be angry at them "being here".
Because their parents are here illegally and broke the law. In most cases they commit ID theft or fraud or use a stolen or made up social security number. Illegal aliens have NO RIGHT to be here. Spin it anyway you want-they have no right.

Anchors were born to above-mentioned illegal alien parents and again granted citizenship by hijacking the 14th amendment. I don't want them here anymore than their criminal parents.

You are the one who brought economics into this. I see people as either legal or illegal. I don't care about rich or poor or where the hell they come from.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That's their mantra because that's all they care about. Their breeders and other familia in this country illegally. The rest of the IA's of different races/ethnicities that participated in those marches were merely pawns in the laraza power in numbers game.
Still spouting the propaganda, huh?

Yup, demonize the "enemy". Smart.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:54 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
That statement from you was one of the more dispicable ones.
Breeders??? You think you have the right to make disgusting remarks on this forum, especially with the many of whom are or their ancestors were of Mexican desent on this forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration