U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2008, 11:46 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Alabama slayings:

Five suspects have been arrested in the Alabama slayings of five men believed to be illegal immigrants from Mexico. Investigators have described the slayings in Shelby County as contract killings carried out by a drug ring over at least $400,000 in missing money. The bodies of five men were found Aug. 20 inside an apartment. Investigators said the men had been bound with tape, beaten and shocked with an electrical current. Four of the victims had their throats slashed.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080914/news_1n14mexweek.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2008, 12:57 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17695
They just found 30 in Mexico murdered the same way. Kind of takes the glamor out of running drugs wouldn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 01:06 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They just found 30 in Mexico murdered the same way. Kind of takes the glamor out of running drugs wouldn't it.
You would think it would but for some people, there is nothing beneath them and if there's a dollar involved they're game. 30? Wow. I've noticed the spill over from the border is escalating in the border states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You would think it would but for some people, there is nothing beneath them and if there's a dollar involved they're game. 30? Wow. I've noticed the spill over from the border is escalating in the border states.
I am afraid that a US border community may been to be attacked (murders, etc of innocent people) before the stupids in Wash DC wake up and decide to 'clean house'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 01:35 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am afraid that a US border community may been to be attacked (murders, etc of innocent people) before the stupids in Wash DC wake up and decide to 'clean house'
I have no doubt that you are totally correct. Unfortunately, we the people are going to have to be the ones who demand that they be held accountable for this mess.

Sitting here listening to CNN and our deficit ain't nothing pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
 
Location: US
3,074 posts, read 3,336,948 times
Reputation: 1621
I wonder if that would be enough, or if Washington bleeding hearts would think our people are just collateral damage for a "greater cause." Locally, a police officer responded to a disturbance call, and several illegal immigrant men with beer bottles in their hands attacked the officer and kicked him and kicked him and kicked him. For the first time in my life I am considering buying a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am afraid that a US border community may been to be attacked (murders, etc of innocent people) before the stupids in Wash DC wake up and decide to 'clean house'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 04:57 PM
 
Location: US
3,074 posts, read 3,336,948 times
Reputation: 1621
Me too JDM. Our country is so divided. On another message board a poll was taken about the blue states and the red states splitting up, and the majority voted to. Of course, the blue state, California, would have to agree to take the illegal immigrants with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I have no doubt that you are totally correct. Unfortunately, we the people are going to have to be the ones who demand that they be held accountable for this mess.

Sitting here listening to CNN and our deficit ain't nothing pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 05:38 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Me too JDM. Our country is so divided. On another message board a poll was taken about the blue states and the red states splitting up, and the majority voted to. Of course, the blue state, California, would have to agree to take the illegal immigrants with them.

I'm sure you are aware that it's not coincidental, but by design. Red state against blue states, white repub candidate against black demo candidate. Unfortunately, the sheeple have once again fallen for it hook, line and sinker. This country is sinking into the abyss while the sheeple are arguing over which party has the best candidate; neither of which is going to do what's best for America and Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
 
307 posts, read 458,295 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
For the first time in my life I am considering buying a gun.

If you do and you are not familiar with them then PLEASE keep in mind the following.

1) You must be psychologically ready and prepared to use it to KILL. Do not get one in the hopes that it might scare the person off. Too many people have guns turned against them because they get the gun hoping to SCARE the person away.

2) Be prepared to go to the range at the VERY LEAST once a year. Other wise you may well be to rusty to do any good.

3) Take a course in Gun safety and just as important, The Laws in your State, County, and City on your criminal AND civil liabilities. You don't need to go to jail or wind up loosing everything to a shyster lawyer. Repeat after me. "I WAS AFRAID FOR MY LIFE SO I SHOT!"

4) Keep it in a safe place under lock. They sell special boxes and locks that can be opened inside of 3 seconds that will prevent little hands from getting a hold of them.

5) Unless you really know guns I would recommend a revolver (Less likely to jam, easier to handle a misfire and cheaper). A pump shot gun is another option but is heavier and harder to use. However the sound of one being loaded in a dark house is will make most people evacuate both themselves and your house very quickly.

6) Make sure to use a weapon AND ammo that will not over penetrate. Google “Glaser rounds.” The last thing you need is for the bullet to go through the wall and hit your daughter, neighbor, or the man walking his dog.

7) Talk to a few gun gurus. In general you will find many have a gruff exterior (looking like mean military men or bikers) but in reality they will happily assist you in getting the best weapon for the job, recommending ranges, etc.

8) Keep in mind a gun is a responsibility that should never be taken lightly.

Sorry if I offend anyone on either side with my opinion, But I feel it is important to advise those who are considering a gun on the finer points.

Random
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
If you do and you are not familiar with them then PLEASE keep in mind the following.

1) You must be psychologically ready and prepared to use it to KILL. Do not get one in the hopes that it might scare the person off. Too many people have guns turned against them because they get the gun hoping to SCARE the person away.

2) Be prepared to go to the range at the VERY LEAST once a year. Other wise you may well be to rusty to do any good.

3) Take a course in Gun safety and just as important, The Laws in your State, County, and City on your criminal AND civil liabilities. You don't need to go to jail or wind up loosing everything to a shyster lawyer. Repeat after me. "I WAS AFRAID FOR MY LIFE SO I SHOT!"

4) Keep it in a safe place under lock. They sell special boxes and locks that can be opened inside of 3 seconds that will prevent little hands from getting a hold of them.

5) Unless you really know guns I would recommend a revolver (Less likely to jam, easier to handle a misfire and cheaper). A pump shot gun is another option but is heavier and harder to use. However the sound of one being loaded in a dark house is will make most people evacuate both themselves and your house very quickly.

6) Make sure to use a weapon AND ammo that will not over penetrate. Google “Glaser rounds.” The last thing you need is for the bullet to go through the wall and hit your daughter, neighbor, or the man walking his dog.

7) Talk to a few gun gurus. In general you will find many have a gruff exterior (looking like mean military men or bikers) but in reality they will happily assist you in getting the best weapon for the job, recommending ranges, etc.

8) Keep in mind a gun is a responsibility that should never be taken lightly.

Sorry if I offend anyone on either side with my opinion, But I feel it is important to advise those who are considering a gun on the finer points.

Random
Excellent advice! I have owned a gun for over 20 years. My brother (Sr. Special Agent/Sharpshooter) took me to the range and taught me how to handle and fire the weapon (.38 Smith & Wesson) prior to giving it to me. We went on a regular basis, and he also taught me how to fire a shotgun, 357 & 44 Magnum, and a 9 millimeter -- just in case.

I have always respected my gun, and to this day, my son (16 y/o) has no idea I even own one. My brother taught me not to remove the gun from the case unless I intended to use it. I pray I never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top