U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2007, 08:48 AM

109 posts, read 188,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
I will give you a tip on what I think, I don't want to sound like Dobbs but I think he is on to something.
I believe the government must be trying to phase out the middle class, think about it, the middle class jobs are what more illegals are starting to take at a fraction of the pay.
Its all about money people, when you have a flood of people willing to work for less pay, wages drop.
Raising mininum wage, big deal, if its a job that used to pay far above mininum wage, now lowered by wage suppression.
Look at the money on labor the corporate elites would save if they clear out the middle class pay.
It's all about money people, if you are not in the super wealthy click, take my advice, this can and most likely will happen to you, your children, or your loved one's, if it hasn't already.
There is an economic plan in progress and it is not in our favor, i'd bet the farm on it.
I believe instead of everyone trying to disagree on who to blame, we need to find a solution to stop it, before it is too late, if it's not already too late, and if there is anything that can be done.
I don't believe it is understood the jobs I am referring to:
Today: carrying block, tomorrow laying block
Today:cleaning or cashier at restaurant, tomorrow restaurant manager
Today: free college, tomorrow school teacher
Today: factory worker, tomorrow factory supervisor
Today: wasking cars, tomorrow managing car wash
I think you get my drift.
Will they do these jobs for mininum wage? sure they will, its easier work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,851,431 times
lol...The answer lies in the joke.
moi
Skepticism

Old 02-09-2007, 09:00 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,546,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I used to work in an office for six months, I fought off on average fifteen illegal immigrants a day for my job. I always asked my boss on how I was doing, and if I needed to speed up my work, because I was afraid of the illegals outside taking my job. They would try to sneak into the office and work in my desk space, so I clearly stated I was calling ICE, that exterminated those little rascals.

Wow a whole 6 months on one job. Some of us worked at the same job for years and years, some own their own businesses.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:06 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,851,431 times
Thumbs down Our Jobs Are Being Invaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

Wow a whole 6 months on one job. Some of us worked at the same job for years and years, some own their own businesses.
Don't even get me started on owning your own business, those illegal feast off "starting your own business lectures." So many illegals are beginning new businesses, people are filing for bankruptcy everyday. It's a shame, two words, "ICE them." Talk about seniority, I haven't had the luxury yet, but I've heard the same problem arises, illegal immigrants sitting on your car in the parking lot waiting for the big break. Seniority is two fold, benefits and the high percentage of job loss, because of those illegal guys. Does anyone have a solution?!

Old 02-09-2007, 09:15 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,702,450 times
See what I mean.............

Old 02-09-2007, 09:18 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,546,214 times
Yup, I sure do.

I get better responses from my 3 year old.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:03 AM

354 posts, read 762,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well I guess I am sort of tri-lingual, but not much call for German or gaelic ( my grandmother taught me) And it has nothing to do with the illegals speaking English, we are suppose to accomidate them remember!!! And I guess then they need to be a responsible member of the workforce as well and learn some english to accomidate other people , shouldnt be just US.
If illegal immigrants don't speak English well, then who are you competing with for these ever plentiful bilingual positions? I'm a strong proponent of bilingualism, and I applaud you for being nearly trilingual, but unfortunately there isn't much of a market for German and Gaelic speakers, and that's on the international level also.

You mention that illegal immigrants should become English speakers, but that's more of a cultural suggestion than one for the workforce. Because, after all, millions of illegal immigrants have been able to find plenty of work with little to no knowledge of English; it doesn't seem to be an issue concerning job qualifications. In your case, however, being bilingual is a job qualification and one that laborers will have to accomodate if they desire the plentiful bilingual positions. It may seem lopsided or unfair, but that's the way supply and demand economics operates.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:17 AM

I guess maybe when they harrass me in Spanish I will come back at them in German, itis a much more comanding language, or in gaelic which will really throw them off!. Funny thing is alot of them do speak english, they just choose not to, atleast the ones I have to deal with. I would expect that If I went to work in Japan or China I would need to know the language to communicate, from what my father tells me most will not speak english to you in the work force there and you know I wouldnt expect them too.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:52 PM

354 posts, read 762,274 times
Perhaps your solution would be to require all those in the workforce to have some sort of command of the English language. Until that happens, which it will not, non-English speakers will continue to fill job vacancies and fuel the 'cultural divide'.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:58 PM

yes it would. I am not expecting them to have a mastery at it but to know enough that I dont have to get an interpreter would be nice!!!! iam not sure someday it wont happen, I see alot of people getting fed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration