Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:00 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
They have completely infiltrated Ky, 10 years ago our county was pure black and white.
Why? It is said the illegals refer to Ky as the state of milk and honey.
They have taken all the lower paying jobs, example: housing tobacco is hard work, 10 years ago it paid $12 per hour, now it pays $6 per hr and a lot of the people that used to depend on that no longer have work.
It is that way with all the lower skilled jobs, that was just an example.

If you want to see some poverty stricken people, travel through Eastern Ky, West Virginia, Eastern Tennessee, Arkansas, and some of the other mountain states.
Luckily I can provide work for most all of my family, including my siblings, therefore it is not a problem with me directly, but I have compassion for my neighbors and people in these areas that have been rooted out of work.

Another problem I mentioned in another post, is they have no desire to assimilate, at least here.
They almost all get drunk, taunt females, drive without insurance, ect.
As I mentioned before, I have no problem with illegals in general, but we need to fix our own problems before we take on someone else's.

I believe there is a motive that we are not yet aware of by the government to allow this to happen.
I don't know what it is, but I can assure you that if that is the case, it will be something that will make you all wish you had never saw an illegal.
Does any of you believe the government is disregarding our laws, and turning a blind eye to the issue out of compassion and the goodness of their heart.

I saw the same pay drop in construction as well. I didnt know that about KY. Milk and Honey , I can only imagine what they say about the rest of America, probably calling us suckers. We have the same issue here with illegals, mostly stealing the cars and running them over the border, most of the reason i have to pay 280.00 a month for my two cars. I get harrassed alot by them when I am going in and out of Lowes or Home Depot, they even follow me to my car, so I carry Mace now. I am sure the government is up to something, this just doesnt make any sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 09:09 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times
Quote:

I believe there is a motive that we are not yet aware of by the government to allow this to happen.
I don't know what it is, but I can assure you that if that is the case, it will be something that will make you all wish you had never saw an illegal.
Does any of you believe the government is disregarding our laws, and turning a blind eye to the issue out of compassion and the goodness of their heart.
Not sure, it's compassion and goodness of their hearts, more like,compassion and selfishness for their wallets and votes!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
That's a nice point. But this is referring to Construction, Landscape, Picking fruit, Farming Service, Services where your on the feet seven hours a day not including lunch. It's a much different story, much more physcially demanding.
So, image you have a wife and 2 babies at home and they need food and diapers and the mortgage is due and all the other bills, and the car just broke down and the dog needs to be to the vet. Your out of work but, there are jobs available in these areas you mention. But, now you have to decide if you are willing to work 8-10 hrs. or make your wife go to work!!
Do you think as a family man with not much choice you would work 8-10 hrs.
No, most do not want to work 8-10 hrs. but, sometimes it's what it takes. My husband does it ,my dad did it, my grand-father did it. I have seen men my whole life work 8 hrs or more, so not sure where you get the idea Americans won't do it !! Before all this immigration who did you see on these jobs probably white and black people.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:47 AM

178 posts, read 735,184 times
Quote:

I've been wondering the same thing. Why is the Government
ignoring this growing problem of illegals... it truly is the Governments
responsibilty. I mean why aren't they addressing it? I would like
to see all of the blame directed to them. They are the only ones
that can fix it ,and they are the ones that let it get out of control.
People will always try to seek out a better life for themselves and
their families. Why should the blame be directed at them?
If tomorrow Canada started paying everyone $100 an hour and free
medical... how many of us would be tromping over the border
illegally. It would be up to Canada to keep the problem under control.

Last edited by Yac; 02-08-2007 at 12:11 PM..

Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
I do agree why isn't the Gov't doing anything??????????????????

I do blame illegals too, why? Again, they know by coming here they're breaking the law. Why should they get special treatment for doing so?

My hubby is friends with a few policeman in our town. They basically have told him, that their hands are tied when it comes to arresting them and what not. So, I wonder if that's the case everywhere.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:20 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,344 times
What a humorous comparison. Gee, all the Americans I personally know that are exploring moving to Canada for the free medical system already in place for citizens, as well as other desirable to them aspects of our fellow North American neighbor, are researching how to do this LEGALLY. Perchance this is one of those cultural differences in Americans that apologists for illegals contend don't exist.

I still maintain that doing the right thing, as opposed to the easy thing, is indicative of character. It is "easier" to clobber someone over the head and steal all their monies: it is the right thing to try to obtain employment from them instead to earn the money.

Desperation is the rationalization of the criminal mindset which will always excuse its own actions and responsibilities towards anyone who is not themself or their immediate relatives: "I had to rob the bank to feed my family! I had to clobber them over the head! I had to deliberately and with malice aforethought break the Federal laws of another country to help my own private situation. Me, me!"

La Quinta family, you're an intelligent poster and I enjoy reading your posts. In the interest of problem-solving, I also proffer that our government will do nothing to address the problem and act upon it (as opposed to address the problem and blow hot air) as long as apologists for illegals have their way in convincing those not touched by the problems associated with same that there aren't any problems. I live in a low-to-moderate income sector of Los Angeles, believe me, there's problems! Every time someone excuses illegals, those problems are that much farther away from being solved.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:45 AM

109 posts, read 210,434 times
I will give you a tip on what I think, I don't want to sound like Dobbs but I think he is on to something.
I believe the government must be trying to phase out the middle class, think about it, the middle class jobs are what more illegals are starting to take at a fraction of the pay.
Its all about money people, when you have a flood of people willing to work for less pay, wages drop.
Raising mininum wage, big deal, if its a job that used to pay far above mininum wage, now lowered by wage suppression.
Look at the money on labor the corporate elites would save if they clear out the middle class pay.
It's all about money people, if you are not in the super wealthy click, take my advice, this can and most likely will happen to you, your children, or your loved one's, if it hasn't already.
There is an economic plan in progress and it is not in our favor, i'd bet the farm on it.
I believe instead of everyone trying to disagree on who to blame, we need to find a solution to stop it, before it is too late, if it's not already too late, and if there is anything that can be done.

Last edited by perfecttan01; 02-08-2007 at 12:15 PM..

Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I do blame illegals too, why? Again, they know by coming here they're breaking the law. Why should they get special treatment for doing so?
They should not break the law, period. But, their economic circumstance in their home country is visible and causes me to have compassion of their circumstance, to why they cross the border illegaly.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
They have completely infiltrated Ky, 10 years ago our county was pure black and white.
When I think of infiltration, I think of invasion. Many don't desire take jobs from Americans or bringing chaos to the job market, many desire a better paying job, and you can't blame them for that.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
That's a nice point. But this is referring to Construction, Landscape, Picking fruit, Farming Service, Services where your on the feet seven hours a day not including lunch. It's a much different story, much more physcially demanding.
Wildberries, I appreciate your last argument, but it had nothing to do with my previous statement above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration