U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Exactly and we are dealing with our own criminals. We have no need to import racist illegal alien savages. Those who defend them by comparing apples to oranges merely serve to confirm that not only are they racist but that they are firm believers that those of their race/ethnicity should be immune from criticism and accountability.
MS-13 is an American gang! It is not an "illegal gang". Some of its members may be illegal, but the majority are American, the gang was founded in America, and its based in America. They are "our own criminals".

Brush up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 07:08 PM

23,003 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
MS-13 is an American gang! It is not an "illegal gang". Some of its members may be illegal, but the majority are American, the gang was founded in America, and its based in America. They are "our own criminals".

Brush up.
Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing i care about is that each MS-13 member is behind bars. If they are not US citizens send them back to their country. I'm fed up with them terrorizing Virginia. MS-13's power is enhanced by illegal immigration and the pro-illegal attitudes of Northern Virginia officals have given MS-13 a safe haven here. I cant get a safe haven here and i'm a taxpayer, this has to stop.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:14 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:

Brush up.
FBI Targets MS-13 Street Gang

Federal law enforcement officials in states around the country are targeting the criminal organization known as MS-13, a violent street gang with origins in Central American countries.

MS-13, which stands for Mara Salvatrucha, is a mainly Central American gang whose original members arrived in Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. in the 1980s after 1 million people fled a vicious civil war in El Salvador.

NewsHour Extra: FBI Targets MS-13 Gang, October 5, 2005

From the website KnowGangs.com:

Mara Salvatrucha refers to large gangs in Northern Central America and the United States. The gang names are commonly abbreviated as MS Mara, and MS-13, and are composed mostly of Salvadorans, Guatemalans, and Hondurans. The Mara Salvatrucha gangs have cliques, or factions, located throughout the United States and Latin America.

The gang has moved beyond its Salvadoran and American origins and now can be found in other nations, including Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Spain, Great Britain and Germany, according to international press on criminal activity. Membership in the United States was believed to be as many as 10,000 as of 2005. MS-13 criminal activities include drug smuggling and sales, black market gun sales, human trafficking, theft, assaults on law enforcement officials, and contract killing.

Well, I suppose if you are including the entire continent, MS-13 members might pass for Americans--Central Americans. But you have a difficulty discerning the difference anyway, so I can see where you might have become confused.....

From USATODAY.com

MS-13 gang growing extremely dangerous, FBI says

Quote:
The Houston incident sparked an FBI investigation that has reached into El Salvador to try to determine whether MS-13 members are receiving formal training in weapons and military tactics before they come to the USA — often as illegal immigrants.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ng-grows_x.htm

From the L.A. Times

Quote:
On a sweltering afternoon, an unmarked white jetliner taxies to a remote terminal at the international airport here and disgorges dozens of criminal deportees from the United States. Marshals release the handcuffed prisoners, who shuffle into a processing room. Of the 70 passengers, at least four are members of Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13.

For one of them, Melvin "Joker" Cruz-Mendoza, the trip is nothing new. This is his fourth deportation — the second this year.

Wiry with a shaved head, the 24-year-old pleaded guilty in separate felony robbery and drug cases in Los Angeles. "MS" covers his right forearm. Other tattoos are carved into the skin above his eyebrows.

In the last 12 years, U.S. immigration authorities have logged more than 50,000 deportations of immigrants with criminal records to Central America, including untold numbers of gang members like Cruz-Mendoza.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...adlines-nation

I know it galls you that some of our so-called homegrown crime may not have homegrown origins. You can keep on calling MS-13 an "American" gang all you want, but everyone (other than you it would seem) knows the truth behind them.

You can stick a kitten in the oven, but that don't make it a bisquit.

Last edited by Kele; 09-15-2008 at 07:27 PM..

Old 09-15-2008, 10:40 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
FBI Targets MS-13 Street Gang

Federal law enforcement officials in states around the country are targeting the criminal organization known as MS-13, a violent street gang with origins in Central American countries.

MS-13, which stands for Mara Salvatrucha, is a mainly Central American gang whose original members arrived in Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. in the 1980s after 1 million people fled a vicious civil war in El Salvador.

NewsHour Extra: FBI Targets MS-13 Gang, October 5, 2005

From the website KnowGangs.com:

Mara Salvatrucha refers to large gangs in Northern Central America and the United States. The gang names are commonly abbreviated as MS Mara, and MS-13, and are composed mostly of Salvadorans, Guatemalans, and Hondurans. The Mara Salvatrucha gangs have cliques, or factions, located throughout the United States and Latin America.

The gang has moved beyond its Salvadoran and American origins and now can be found in other nations, including Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Spain, Great Britain and Germany, according to international press on criminal activity. Membership in the United States was believed to be as many as 10,000 as of 2005. MS-13 criminal activities include drug smuggling and sales, black market gun sales, human trafficking, theft, assaults on law enforcement officials, and contract killing.

Well, I suppose if you are including the entire continent, MS-13 members might pass for Americans--Central Americans. But you have a difficulty discerning the difference anyway, so I can see where you might have become confused.....

From USATODAY.com

MS-13 gang growing extremely dangerous, FBI says

USATODAY.com - MS-13 gang growing extremely dangerous, FBI says

From the L.A. Times

Gang Uses Deportation to Its Advantage to Flourish in U.S. - Los Angeles Times

I know it galls you that some of our so-called homegrown crime may not have homegrown origins. You can keep on calling MS-13 an "American" gang all you want, but everyone (other than you it would seem) knows the truth behind them.

You can stick a kitten in the oven, but that don't make it a bisquit.

THE GANG FORMED IN AMERICA. IT IS AN AMERICAN GANG.

It may have started some 20 years ago among El Savadoran immigrants, but it grew in AMERICA.

It formed to protect itself from the Black and Mexican gangs in AMERICA.

And from HERE it got exported. NOW they are spread all over.

MS-13 shouldn't even be part of the illegal immigration discussion. Its an American problem. Its a GANG issue, not an ILLEGAL issue because of the VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE of illegals who are actually in gangs.

Its just easier to pretend America was this perfect place before the Latin-Americans arrived.
And its a lot easier to put out your hate of illegal immigrants, when you pretend they are all carrying ak-47s killing "innocent" Americans.
Deport every single illegal immigrant, and you'll still be stuck with the gang problem. So don't kid yourself that they are the same thing.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:21 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing i care about is that each MS-13 member is behind bars. If they are not US citizens send them back to their country. I'm fed up with them terrorizing Virginia. MS-13's power is enhanced by illegal immigration and the pro-illegal attitudes of Northern Virginia officals have given MS-13 a safe haven here. I cant get a safe haven here and i'm a taxpayer, this has to stop.
In the Northwest it was the crips and the bloods, and there were areas that you were terrified to drive through in case of a drive by.
The Mexican gang may be worse and I'm sure they have invaded that area too, but if you are shot, it does not matter if it were a crip,
Blood or Mexican gang, dead is dead.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
What you don't seem to understand is that ethnicity doesn't matter with gangs.
You made remarks that these Latinos gangs are so much worse than other gangs, but any gang has horrible incidents like this.

All gangs are plague, and no gang of any ethnicity is worse than the other.
It doesn't matter if Sudan or Cambodia or Russia might have worse gangs, the point is these foreign criminals do not belong in the USA period.

All that should have been done was enforce the immigration laws of this country and these 4 college students would still be alive today.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:25 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:

Brush up.
They are not American at all. They come from Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador and Mexico. Some might be born to illegals from those countries who have come to the USA, but they are not a homegrown problem. They are from the societal breakdown of their own countries.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:02 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:

Brush up.
Great to know, amc . . . does that make it ok to invite them over for a Beer or two? ! ! ! !

Old 09-16-2008, 01:41 AM

164 posts, read 227,525 times
No such thing as a good gang. All are bad and no good . I don't see illegal in a gang worse than a citizen in a gang.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:53 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,253,795 times
Quote:

Brush up.
Good Lord. Before you start telling others to brush up, I suggest that YOU brush up.

MS-13 began in El Salvador and was (and still is) active in many Central American countries, BEFORE it spread to America.

This is the most brutal gang the police have ever encountered, far more brutal than Crips and Bloods or any "white" gang that you are so desperately trying to make equivalent. In any event, I don't care how skin-tinted gang members are, I only care that they all GET DEAD, as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or