U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:15 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,798,822 times

Advertisements

Wow I really can't believe this happened in CA. There is hope. My niece lives there and I have been through all the college application stuff with her, so I am up on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 04:22 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,144,067 times
CA ? I can't believe it.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Call me a snot here: I have been having a strong premonition that the pendulum even in California was going to start swinging against the illegals----------the news about in state tuition there is merely part of the first volley of shots being fought in the war against ilegal immigration

Old 09-16-2008, 04:30 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,176,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Call me a snot here: I have been having a strong premonition that the pendulum even in California was going to start swinging against the illegals----------the news about in state tuition there is merely part of the first volley of shots being fought in the war against ilegal immigration
Ok snot.

Oh Azbear- I do hope that you are right! And as you always say the downturn in the economics is not going to help illegals and their apologists.

Nicolem

Old 09-16-2008, 04:35 PM

13,051 posts, read 21,178,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The pendulum done already swung back with Prop 187 - no one believed us back then. Since the illegal population in CA has likely doubled since then, and esp with the housing bubble fizzling out, it is getting too much to bear financially and something's got to give. I'm hoping that the bleeders don't get soft and start backtracking - we need to see this thing through.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:46 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,692,900 times
Unbelievable. California still has a set of mountain oysters. I'm shocked.

My take on the matter as a student up to my eyeballs in student loans and debt is that if they're going to give free tuition to illegal aliens, then someone like me, the proverbial "older student" who has been paying into the tax system since I was a teenager, needs to be on that gravy train as well.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:46 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,906 posts, read 6,127,747 times
Quote:
DontH8Me:
The pendulum done already swung back with Prop 187 - no one believed us back then. Since the illegal population in CA has likely doubled since then, and esp with the housing bubble fizzling out, it is getting too much to bear financially and something's got to give. I'm hoping that the bleeders don't get soft and start backtracking - we need to see this thing through.
["Hi" DontH8Me! ]

Another Californian here! People outside of California have no idea just how many of "us" there are! Quite honestly, I don't know of anyone who agrees with illegals getting benefits, etc. People have been up in arms for years about the schools and the inadequate education because of illegals and lack of English. This really isn't anything new in terms of opinion -- it is new in terms of the law.

I was glad to read that, too! Thanks for sharing that!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:02 PM

211 posts, read 465,198 times
I think we should find out those judges names and send them
something. Yahoo!!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:34 PM

409 posts, read 481,060 times
It shouldn't even be a issue. Team America PAC - Home

Old 09-16-2008, 05:43 PM

9,309 posts, read 25,682,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
A three judge panel of the California Court of Appeals unanimously ruled that a California law intended to permit illegal aliens to attend public colleges and universities at in-state tuition rates is unconstitutional.
Good Grief, Progressive . . . what's next?

Far too much LOGIC and COMMON SENSE for California! ! ! ! !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or