Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 AM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times

Advertisements

Many state funded Colleges are capping head count which pushes kids into the JCs. Now the JCs are bursting at the seams and they are raising rates and looking at other ways to bring in more revenue. This is just a blatantly obvious one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,521 times
About time, though I must say I was surprised considering that this is CA. I am happy though. We are still going to move out of the state damn quick. In fact, we are looking at a couple of towns just south of Springfield, MO that have some neighborhoods and Nixa, in particular, have good schools.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:45 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Unbelievable. California still has a set of mountain oysters. I'm shocked.

My take on the matter as a student up to my eyeballs in student loans and debt is that if they're going to give free tuition to illegal aliens, then someone like me, the proverbial "older student" who has been paying into the tax system since I was a teenager, needs to be on that gravy train as well.
I am shocked as well. I'm in California too, and like you have been working for years, and only now going to school. No one is helping me pay for it, and it's hard. Just disgusts me that they would even consider giving it away to non-citizens, but not help their own first. I'm actually really surprised this happened. I've been wanting to get out of CA for various reasons, the pro-illegal environment being one of them. Maybe there is hope.
Thanks for posting this. No surprise I haven't seen anything here in the local headlines.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
I am shocked as well. I'm in California too, and like you have been working for years, and only now going to school. No one is helping me pay for it, and it's hard. Just disgusts me that they would even consider giving it away to non-citizens, but not help their own first. I'm actually really surprised this happened. I've been wanting to get out of CA for various reasons, the pro-illegal environment being one of them. Maybe there is hope.
Thanks for posting this. No surprise I haven't seen anything here in the local headlines.
I am starting to suspect that California as well as the Feds may be using stealth tactics against the illegals as to not draw too much attention, shall we say.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:44 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am starting to suspect that California as well as the Feds may be using stealth tactics against the illegals as to not draw too much attention, shall we say.
Probably because we are seen as one of the most liberal states in the union, and getting tough on illegals doesn't seem like a "liberal" thing to do. Fact is - a lot of libs are getting fed up with having to fight for spots in private schools ($$$$) because they can't send their kids to the public ones. Lots of people I know are still afraid to vocalize their concern for fear of condemnation from their fellow Cali commies...but they are starting to feel the push and are getting ready to push back.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:42 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,404,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Probably because we are seen as one of the most liberal states in the union, and getting tough on illegals doesn't seem like a "liberal" thing to do. Fact is - a lot of libs are getting fed up with having to fight for spots in private schools ($$$$) because they can't send their kids to the public ones. Lots of people I know are still afraid to vocalize their concern for fear of condemnation from their fellow Cali commies...but they are starting to feel the push and are getting ready to push back.
Quote:
dado123 View Public Profile Send a private message to dado123 Find all posts by dado123
Today, 01:06 AM
pingpong abyss

Re: BREAKING NEWS: AB 540 has been strucked down by the appeal court!
I am sick of these entitled out of state students trying to pull this b.s. Wasn't this tried in Texas as well, with the opposite result? Does anyone have any further info on that?

JESUS. Go to school in your own state like the rest of us do.

You know, they have waivers here in Texas of the out of state rates for Mexican citizens who commute from Mexico to go to college, and no one ever challenges that, even though it's a lot more contentious than people who have been residents of a state for several years and paid taxes in that state getting in state.
with a premonition of light the sea sang,
and one by one the barriers give way.
-Octavio Paz
BREAKING NEWS: AB 540 has been strucked down by the appeal court! - Page 4 - DREAM Act Portal - Forums
Further proof of delusional arrogance, false sense of entitlement and the insanity levels of illegal aliens.

The above statement is from a "DREAMIE" who somehow feels because he is a long-term illegal alien squatter he has the right to be ticked off because AMERICAN STUDENTS want to attend AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES at in state tuition rates.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-17-2008 at 04:07 PM..

Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,432 times
OMG - this is WONDERFUL news. Shocking for California!! Nancy Pelosi must be steaming. Did you read the last sentence?

. . .“In the court’s opinion, citizens have the right to go to court and sue to prevent illegal aliens from benefiting from a whole range of government programs.”. . .

Now other states can use this opinion and go for it, and citizens in California can sue to keep illegals from getting benefits. Go California Go!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
OMG - this is WONDERFUL news. Shocking for California!! Nancy Pelosi must be steaming. Did you read the last sentence?

. . .“In the court’s opinion, citizens have the right to go to court and sue to prevent illegal aliens from benefiting from a whole range of government programs.”. . .

Now other states can use this opinion and go for it, and citizens in California can sue to keep illegals from getting benefits. Go California Go!
Indeed. Unfortunately, I'm sure that those states who remain loyal to their illegal alien sanctuary status will figure out a way to continue to skirt the laws. The good news is this does indeed set a precedent that a lot of other states who are attempting to rid themselves of illegal alien brats can add to their artillary. California is a biggie though!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Indeed. Unfortunately, I'm sure that those states who remain loyal to their illegal alien sanctuary status will figure out a way to continue to skirt the laws. The good news is this does indeed set a precedent that a lot of other states who are attempting to rid themselves of illegal alien brats can add to their artillary. California is a biggie though!
Again: watch the economy------if it tanks much further (after seeing the debacle on wall Street since Monday); all the bets are off.

Translation: if I were any species of illegal---------------I would seriously look into returning to my country of origin----------pronto.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Again: watch the economy------if it tanks much further (after seeing the debacle on wall Street since Monday); all the bets are off.

Translation: if I were any species of illegal---------------I would seriously look into returning to my country of origin----------pronto.

With everyday that passes, with every story I read regarding the hammer falling, I think of you and your prediction fondly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration