U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I don't necessarily agree with his tactics but at least he's doing something.

I'm curious if advocates that "support" illegal immigration, do you think that ALL illegals should be legal? And what about future illegals? They should be legal, too? If you believe this, do you seriously not see anything wrong with that?

I do have some empathy but illegals are breaking the law and even though I'm not a "kick all illegals out of this country!" type of person, I do think we need to have tougher policies. That's my 2 cents.
Foma: I used to have some empathy for the illegals------------till their ill advised illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches in May 2006 when those fools were carrying the Mexican flag. Ever since then I want those insolent losers out of the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-22-2008, 10:53 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 13,727,412 times
Reputation: 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
ill advised illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches in May 2006 when those fools were carrying the Mexican flag. Ever since then I want those insolent losers out of the USA.
Advocates definitely annoy me because I think, "What rights do illegals have?" but I'm still a believer that there are hardworking illegals out there that just want to make a living. There's always 2 sides of the story. Maybe it's because my parents were Chinese immigrants and I've lived the experience of immigrant life. I guess I am naive, oblivious, whatever you want to call me but hey, I'm still on your side. Our borders should be protected and if anything, Sheriff Joe is doing something about it. Sometimes, one needs to turn the other way for the greater good of his country. Kinda reminds me of the movie, "The Good Shepard".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 11:00 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,736,931 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Sorry, I dont consider "LaRaza" a respected organization!

Did you hear or see anyone mention LaRaza? Do you did'nt, you might find it on some of the posts, just keep looking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 11:03 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,177,208 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Did you hear or see anyone mention LaRaza? Do you did'nt, you might find it on some of the posts, just keep looking
No, you and Bianca just said 'respected' organizations. I think we're all STILL waiting for your definition of 'respected'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,736,931 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You being a foreigner need to curb the derogatory blanket remarks about us Americans if you plan to come to my country.

I like the fact that Sheriff Joe is a hard-ass
That's a great way to make "foreigners" or guests in this country feel welcome. If you want to learn to be a hard ass, I'm sure he will give you lessons. He is right to the letter of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 11:18 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,736,931 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You being a foreigner need to curb the derogatory blanket remarks about us Americans if you plan to come to my country.

I like the fact that Sheriff Joe is a hard-ass
It was not too long that we were discussing why all the other countries hate us, after reading this thread, it is easy to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 11:22 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,736,931 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Foma: I used to have some empathy for the illegals------------till their ill advised illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches in May 2006 when those fools were carrying the Mexican flag. Ever since then I want those insolent losers out of the USA.
If they carry the American flag & the Mexican flag, what difference does it make?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,736,931 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
No, you and Bianca just said 'respected' organizations. I think we're all STILL waiting for your definition of 'respected'...
I did'nt say anything about "respected" organizations, I guess you will have to keep looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2008, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,177,208 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I did'nt say anything about "respected" organizations, I guess you will have to keep looking.
Do you REALLY want me to find the post for you???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,736,931 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Do you REALLY want me to find the post for you???
Originally Posted by sassyone
Bianca is right, there are several respected organizations. Just because they are not talked about on this forum, does not mean they don't exist.

If you really want credit for this one........take it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top