Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:07 PM

638 posts, read 1,845,076 times

Advertisements

The Governor of Arizona and the Mayor of Phoenix, have a dismal track record, and regurgitate la raza almost word for word. How she was re-elected is simply beyond me.

Having lived in the land of Sheriff Joe for almost two years, I don't like him. There's nothing to like about him . . but it's not rocket science why he is re-elected. We are allies on this issue (enemy of my enemy is my friend).

Remove illegal aliens from his jurisdiction, and you remove Sheriff Joe. It's just that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,152,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Doubt it...Social issues such as crime are not solved by putting people in a hot living conditions such as tent city. The death penalty isn't even a deterrent so what makes you think that tent city is?

I would like it if neither the dogs or inmates get cold air (unless necessary). What a waste of money...
Hmmm perhaps the death penalty would be a deterrent as it is in China if we actually applied it in a timely manner. Endless appeals even for animals caught in the act.
Tent city prisons serve a few purposes.
1. Cheaper than building at state of the art retreat for criminals.
2. The idea of returning to said prison is a deterrent as convicts on 60 minutes have said themselves.
3. Maybe if they get hot and miserable enough they will relieve us of the burden of caring for them by doing to each other what they did to their victims.
The death penalty when applied accomplishes 1 very important thing. It absolutely positively makes sure that,that individule will never harm another living soul again.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 PM

307 posts, read 520,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
It does? How?

Retribution...yes...

Deterrent...ask the victim if it was a deterrent...
Andréa Beth is 100% correct. It is a deterrent. To be exact in Criminal Justice Studies it is a "Specific Deterrent" as opposed to a "General Deterrent".

Once instituted it is guaranteed that the person put to Death will never commit another crime. Not unless he raises from the dead, or is made into a brain eating zombie. BRAINS!!!

As far as weather the Death Penalty is a "General Deterrent", to date the evidence is quite mixed and one can make an argument from either side.

Personally I am opposed to the Death Penalty as it is currently instituted, but I don't think you can effectively argue the point on "Specific Deterrence".

Random

Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,152,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Andréa Beth is 100% correct. It is a deterrent. To be exact in Criminal Justice Studies it is a "Specific Deterrent" as opposed to a "General Deterrent".

Once instituted it is guaranteed that the person put to Death will never commit another crime. Not unless he raises from the dead, or is made into a brain eating zombie. BRAINS!!!

As far as weather the Death Penalty is a "General Deterrent", to date the evidence is quite mixed and one can make an argument from either side.

Personally I am opposed to the Death Penalty as it is currently instituted, but I don't think you can effectively argue the point on "Specific Deterrence".

Random

Random
Great post

Old 09-19-2008, 10:46 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,294,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
The civil rights of Mexican citizen's which he mocks .
Driving "while Brown" is something that get's you pulled over in his region.

How disgusting that 1 person can do that with support of anyone.
They are illegal and should be delt with as such. If you havent noticed, Sheriff Joe is brown himself.

Are you here legally?????????????????????????

Old 09-19-2008, 10:51 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,460,762 times
Quote:
The civil rights of Mexican citizen's which he mocks .
Driving "while Brown" is something that get's you pulled over in his region.

How disgusting that 1 person can do that with support of anyone.

If the Mexican citizens don't like it, they should go back to Mexico. Problem solved.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:54 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,569,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If the Mexican citizens don't like it, they should go back to Mexico. Problem solved.
Yeah--and make them pick up all the trash along the border on thier way back!

Old 09-20-2008, 09:04 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,149,134 times
Quote:
I think most citizens dislike him and they should.
His approval rating in the State of AZ is some 80% -

Sorry

Old 09-20-2008, 09:06 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,149,134 times
Quote:
As you can see he is not so great and he is about to be sued by a few respected organization's.

He is a danger to civil rights.
Sorry - once again - a totally biased news story is not sufficent to prove your point -

The Sheriff is doing his job. His department is dealing with CRIMINALS -

Old 09-20-2008, 09:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,569,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
His approval rating in the State of AZ is some 80% -

Sorry
This press release should tell you what the citizens think of Arpaio....

http://www.mcso.org/include/pr_pdf/s%20Illegal%20Immigration%20Fight.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration