Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

PRESS CONFERENCE - CONFERENCIA DE PRENSA

Julie Santos 847-736-5160

Marilu Vargas 773-317-5903

Senseless Terror Actions Once Again In the Heart Of Mexican Community

When children where on their way home from school in the City of Chicago a hurricane of terror began at 2pm in the afternoon as ICE Agents from the Department of Home Land Security began an operative that placed a reign of fear in the Mexican Immigrants in this neighborhood.

Reverend Jose Landaverde of Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission witnessed the beginning of the operative and was detained until he showed his U.S. passport to ICE agents. Reverend Landaverde wonder if every U.S. citizen has to carry a passport not to be detained in the middle of the street by an Immigration officer which, under the law, can not arrest a U.S. citizen.

"We are asking Senator Obama & Senator Durbin to STOP these Raids of Terror here in Illinois," says Landaverde.

Little Village was the target of raids back in April 2007, when ICE detained a dozen document forgers. "These arrests do not stop the production and sale of these documents," states Jesús Vargas, a volunteer with the Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission on 25th Street and member of the March 10th Movement. "Undocumented immigrants buy them for their employers to pay taxes and Social Security contributions. As long as there is the need to buy forged documents, there will be people selling them and people buying them."

Julie Santos Midwest Commissioner LULAC Immigrant Affairs Commission stated that "American children witnessed today in Little Village, right here in the United States of America, militant force tactics because of the broken laws. Shame on the US Congress and Senate who today have our sons and daughters in Iraq defending the freedom of the Iraqi people, yet the children of Little Village lived through fear today and watched as members of their community were criminalized and stripped of freedom."

A press conference will take place at Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, September 19, 2008, to demand to Stop the Raids of Terror in Little Village and across the nation.

When: Sept. 19, 2008

Time: 10:30 am

Where: 2500 S. Harding

--
Jorge Mujica

From: 10demarzo@googlegroups.com on behalf of Comite 10 de Marzo (comite10demarzo@gmail.com)
Sent: Thu 9/18/08 10:22 PM
Reply-to: 10demarzo@googlegroups.com
To: 10demarzo@googlegroups.com; ChicagoMayDay (chicagomayday@googlegroups.com)

We are not responsible for the freedom of Mexican Nationals who enter the US illegally. Go home and fight for your freedom, this is not Amexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I wish they would return to their motherland and try the same press conference. If the Mexican leadership actually had some heart, perhaps the country could start to change for the good of the people.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I wish they would return to their motherland and try the same press conference. If the Mexican leadership actually had some heart, perhaps the country could start to change for the good of the people.
Don't count on it. They know they would be gunned down in the streets just for thinking about demanding anything in mexico. They do it here because our idiot officials have empowered the racist ethnocentric groups with our tax dollars. Additionally, they think we are all stupid bleeding hearts. With all of our economic and social issues coming to a head simultaneously, I predict that said mexican nationals are about to find out what the average American really thinks about them.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Which email address goes to Fr Landaverde? I would like to email him my thoughts --- I would like to know where was he during the pedophile reign of terror that has forever blackened the churchs name? I would like to understand how circumventing laws and encouraging people to break said laws follows the catholic faith in anyway?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Did the illegals invite ICE to their press conference? Can they bring a few buses?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Which email address goes to Fr Landaverde? I would like to email him my thoughts --- I would like to know where was he during the pedophile reign of terror that has forever blackened the churchs name? I would like to understand how circumventing laws and encouraging people to break said laws follows the catholic faith in anyway?
Sorry camping, no email address for the "good" father just the phone number. Update: They canceled the press conference.

See: Post re: Raid in Little Italy (which is where the press conference was supposed to be held)

Old 09-19-2008, 11:19 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,712 times
Look at the words :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
* Senseless Terror Actions . .
* a hurricane of terror . .
* a reign of fear . .
* STOP these Raids of Terror . .
* American children witnessed today in Little Village, right here in the United States of America, militant force tactics . .
* the children of Little Village lived through fear today and watched as members of their community were criminalized and stripped of freedom . .
* Stop the Raids of Terror in Little Village and across the nation . .
Bleh!

Allude to it all you want, Father of Lies, but law enforcement is not "terrorism", nor are these officers "terrorist". The truth sucks, I know, but we all have to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Little Village was the target of raids back in April 2007, when ICE detained a dozen document forgers. "These arrests do not stop the production and sale of these documents," states Jesús Vargas, a volunteer with the Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission on 25th Street and member of the March 10th Movement. "Undocumented immigrants buy them for their employers to pay taxes and Social Security contributions. As long as there is the need to buy forged documents, there will be people selling them and people buying them."
So in other words :
* Since a church is an economic benefit to a community, we should stop arresting priests who molest children?
* Since we can't stop priests from molesting children anyway, these arrests will not stop priests from molesting children?
* As long as priests molest children, there will children for them to molest?

Makes perfect sense.

Last edited by r601020; 09-19-2008 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-19-2008, 11:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Landaverde and co: just keep up those boneheaded stunts.........the ICE man cometh.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Did the illegals invite ICE to their press conference? Can they bring a few buses?
Mind reader. I was thinking that as I read it. I think they canceled it because they heard ICE was going to be in the area (aka Little Village) picking up a new found ID "salesman".

Old 09-19-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Look at the words :

Bleh!

Allude to it all you want, Father of Lies, but law enforcement is not "terrorism", nor are these officers "terrorist". The truth sucks, I know, but we all have to deal with it.

So in other words, we can't stop priests from molesting children, and therefore, should let them continue doing so? Or these arrests do not stop priests from molesting children, so we should stop arresting them? And as long as priests molest children, there will children for them to molest?

Makes perfect sense.
Yeah, it makes absolutely perfect sense to me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration