Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
People will leave in due time but first have a right to the fruit of America
Anybody know if there is a word for reverse colonialism? Other then illegal immigration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 05:06 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Undercutting wages is basically stealing, robbing hurting others way of life etc. Illegal Aliens go home.
Have you ever discussed your problem with your employer? You are employed are you not?
I feel in this country we have become wanting more and doing less.
A person that wants to work will find work. If it is not the job you are looking for, why not take that one and look for another part
time.
You know people do what they have to in able to survive. The economy is in the dumper. It is costing us a fortune to keep supporting this war in Iraq (no one ******* about that).
So, as long as the employers are allowed to hire these people that is where you need to concentrate your anger.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:25 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Have you ever discussed your problem with your employer? You are employed are you not?
I feel in this country we have become wanting more and doing less.
A person that wants to work will find work. If it is not the job you are looking for, why not take that one and look for another part
time.
You know people do what they have to in able to survive. The economy is in the dumper. It is costing us a fortune to keep supporting this war in Iraq (no one ******* about that).
So, as long as the employers are allowed to hire these people that is where you need to concentrate your anger.
You don't hear or see anyone complaining about the cost of the Iraq War because this is the IMMIGRATION FORUM.

And according to the CURRENT laws, employers are NOT allowed to hire illegals, they just do it ANYWAY!

You really should get a CLUE, sassy!

Old 09-20-2008, 05:31 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
I do not think them coming to this country without all of their documents is not a crime. A crime to me is when you hurt or damage someone else, stealing, robbing, etc.
But to come here looking for work that pays more than Mexico is not a crime. To you it is, to me it is not..
If only it was the case. How many Illegal Aliens do you know that don't drive on our highways, use our ERs, use WIC if they have an anchor child or have that kid in public schools? How many do you know pay taxes and don't use a fake document like a stolen SS# to work?

These are all very serious crimes. They DON'T just come here to look for work and you know it.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:33 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
People will leave in due time but first have a right to the fruit of America
Oh my god. Just when I think I've seen the most inane and fatuous statements imaginable on this forum, I am again surprised by the preposterous tomfoolery a person can conjure up.

Girl, you ain't right.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
That's quite obvious. But your starting to act more concerned for the Law Breakers being excused for knowingly breaking the Law.

Your concern toward whats legal and whats not has obviously disappated also.
I have no use for lawbreakers either. I just do not consider the ones coming over here to working a lawbreaker. I believe that is the job of the border patrol or the police. It is not my job to pull along side the road with a pair of binnoculars, with my finger poised on ICE, that is not going to happen.
Have you ever lost a job because an illegal came in and offered to work for less?

Old 09-20-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You don't hear or see anyone complaining about the cost of the Iraq War because this is the IMMIGRATION FORUM.

And according to the CURRENT laws, employers are NOT allowed to hire illegals, they just do it ANYWAY!

You really should get a CLUE, sassy!
Well, that is a task you could do, find out what companies are hiring illegals and turn them in.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
heraldo loves an empty circus ring.
sit down son.
the people that need the pardon is congress sworn to uphold the law. 80% of it comes thru san ysidro 12 miles wide. shameless breach of their oath.
illegal labor busting at its finest. under the table NAFTA
the burning question why are americans anti union.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:34 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
Quote:
Well, that is a task you could do, find out what companies are hiring illegals and turn them in.
Believe me, I do. There is a company doing construction at Luke AFB that is fixing to get raided SOON. Best Drywall from California. God only knows how they managed to get the contract, but their illegal help will guarantee that they don't get to KEEP it.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Believe me, I do. There is a company doing construction at Luke AFB that is fixing to get raided SOON. Best Drywall from California. God only knows how they managed to get the contract, but their illegal help will guarantee that they don't get to KEEP it.
Well, there is a positive to start your day. I have no problem reporting the employers, in fact that is where my anger really is.
The illegals come here to work, hired at below figures and the only win is for the employer. Does it peak your curosity that not much heat is going to the employer?
It is so freeking simple, if the jobs were not here for them, they would not come. So, I do not blame them at all (the Illegals) for taking what they were offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration