U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have said that the illegals get the jobs because they will work for less, what part of THE EMPLOYERS HIRE THEM do you not get? I'm beginning to realize that you do not read the posts you skim them.
The only reason your side have a problem with us is, because we do not dislike the illegals. You mud sling on them all day, even when you know there are hispanics on this forum, you trash their culture and everything you can drum up.
You never said we are over paid? You never said that illegals are willing to work harder?
I mud sling them? How so? Because I call out the laws they break? I call out the harm they do? My wife is a legal immigrant. So you can't bs me about what you have to do to meet immigration standards or what it costs. Illegals hurt this nation. Every illegal is a criminal. Every illegal should be held accountable. This is mud??? Far less mud than you sling..
Employers hire them? Yes they do and in countless posts I have called out employers and land lords should be hammered for facilitating illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2008, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You never said we are over paid? You never said that illegals are willing to work harder?
I mud sling them? How so? Because I call out the laws they break? I call out the harm they do? My wife is a legal immigrant. So you can't bs me about what you have to do to meet immigration standards or what it costs. Illegals hurt this nation. Every illegal is a criminal. Every illegal should be held accountable. This is mud??? Far less mud than you sling..
Employers hire them? Yes they do and in countless posts I have called out employers and land lords should be hammered for facilitating illegals.
She another one claiming that "the truth is dirt".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You never said we are over paid? You never said that illegals are willing to work harder?
I mud sling them? How so? Because I call out the laws they break? I call out the harm they do? My wife is a legal immigrant. So you can't bs me about what you have to do to meet immigration standards or what it costs. Illegals hurt this nation. Every illegal is a criminal. Every illegal should be held accountable. This is mud??? Far less mud than you sling..
Employers hire them? Yes they do and in countless posts I have called out employers and land lords should be hammered for facilitating illegals.
I have said they are hard workers, they are. I neve said you were over paid, how can I do that when I don't even know what you do for a living. There are plenty of mud slingers on this forum. How in hell is it my fault if Illegals are not held accountable.
This is going nowhere fast. You have your opinion and I have mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 10:33 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have said they are hard workers, they are. I neve said you were over paid, how can I do that when I don't even know what you do for a living. There are plenty of mud slingers on this forum. How in hell is it my fault if Illegals are not held accountable.
This is going nowhere fast. You have your opinion and I have mine.
Never said I was over paid. You said americans are over paid or over compensated which means the same.
You also eluded to quality of work as in performance.
You have also said illegals only do work americans feel they are too good to do. All the above are insulting to those of us who have done the jobs illegals are stealing. Construction, landscapeing, factory work to name but a few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 10:55 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Never said I was over paid. You said americans are over paid or over compensated which means the same.
You also eluded to quality of work as in performance.
You have also said illegals only do work americans feel they are too good to do. All the above are insulting to those of us who have done the jobs illegals are stealing. Construction, landscapeing, factory work to name but a few.
This will be the last time I repeat this. I have never said Americans are over paid, compensated. What I did say, that there was a time when Americans worked hard. It has become that Americans thought they should be paid more.(it is possible they were) but in order for that business to stay to keep going. They were and still are out sourcing their business and they are also hiring Illegals that will work for less and for the most part illegals work hard. As far as the quality of work, it depends on who is doing the work. With the economy the way it is, it would not be smart to ask for more money.
We are losing many businesses to being shipped over seas, to me
that is just as bad as Illegals or worse. When a company is gone it is gone and how many people have lost their jobs?
I do not think ALL AMERICANS don't pull their own weight, but some don't. I also said that it was not the ceo jobs they were taking, it was low income jobs they were taking, I was not dishing dirt I was speaking the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
This will be the last time I repeat this. I have never said Americans are over paid, compensated. What I did say, that there was a time when Americans worked hard. It has become that Americans thought they should be paid more.(it is possible they were) but in order for that business to stay to keep going. They were and still are out sourcing their business and they are also hiring Illegals that will work for less and for the most part illegals work hard. As far as the quality of work, it depends on who is doing the work. With the economy the way it is, it would not be smart to ask for more money.
We are losing many businesses to being shipped over seas, to me
that is just as bad as Illegals or worse. When a company is gone it is gone and how many people have lost their jobs?
I do not think ALL AMERICANS don't pull their own weight, but some don't. I also said that it was not the ceo jobs they were taking, it was low income jobs they were taking, I was not dishing dirt I was speaking the truth.
You are wrong of course. It has nothing to do with businesses trying to stay in business. It does, however, have to do with being greedy and wanting to make more in profit than they used to make in years past.

Sure, some Americans don't pull their weight but that does not mean that we need import more of the same. Hell, the majority of the illegals do not pull their own weight when it comes to taxes and paying their own way in our country so they are no better than the Americans you seem to despise.

BTW, you dish dirt because you really don't speak truth when you constantly act like all illegals are angels, when in fact they are criminals for breaking our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 02:56 AM
 
77 posts, read 101,200 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
its called the 1st amendment!!!
First Amendment? Let's see, Sheriff Bizzell made some "inappropriate statements" (his words) and the ACLU, NAACP, NOW, and Hispanic groups called for his resignation. Is a demand that a public official step down less worthy of First Amendment consideration than any other speech? Such a demand is a petitition for redress of grievances as well as protected speech. This is what the First Amendment is designed to protect. It is happenstance that a dim-witted public official is also protected while making bigoted comments to a newspaper reporter. He or she certainly wouldn't be protected from being voted out by recall (where allowed) or at the next election for nothing more than his or her words.

Sherriff Bizzell appears to be an effective law enforcement officer, though, cutting Johnston County's violent crime rate in half and reducing property crimes. All this while the county is being overrun with criminals! Awesome.

Ordinarily I'd question the public safety implications of someone roaming at-large with a loaded firearm if she or he is dumb enough to make such "inappropriate statements" to the press, but, hey, this guy's a miracle worker--you gotta respect his words. Like these, for instance, from the Raleigh News-Observer of Sept. 7:

Quote:
"... In this same article concerning illegal immigration, I made broad statements that reflected on the legal and law-abiding Hispanic population – that was never my intention. For making those inappropriate statements, I apologize to everyone, especially anyone that was offended.... I always have and always will carry out the duties of the Office of Sheriff to protect all the people in Johnston County without regard to where someone is from or their citizenship status."
(newsobserver.com | Sheriff Steve Bizzell’s statement (http://www.newsobserver.com/152/story/1210484.html - broken link))

I support Sheriff Bizzell's First Amendment right to apologize for his bigotry when confronted by the ACLU and NAACP, NOW, and Hispanic groups. He doesn't just speak up. He knows when to back down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 02:59 AM
 
77 posts, read 101,200 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
BTW, you [sassyone] dish dirt because you really don't speak truth when you constantly act like all illegals are angels, when in fact they are criminals for breaking our laws.
I demand that the angels be punished for flouting FAA regs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 03:22 AM
 
77 posts, read 101,200 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yeah, because as we know...Caucasians are never called names with the word "trash" in them, oh like perhaps white trash, trailer trash, trashy white folks, redneck trash....
The "neighborhood" referenced in the story happened to be a trailer park. (The picture of trash shown in the story, BTW, was lifted from CBS-3, Philadelphia, and had nothing to do with the Johnston County story.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 04:42 AM
 
77 posts, read 101,200 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Ok ok
Igotta ask.............Just why is it that illegal lovers, Illegals them selves , ultra liberals, think that ALL whitey's are fat, lazy , stupid and cowardly?????

Why do you people think that a push coming to shove that we whites wont stand up and fight back?

Why are you so offended that we are fighting back with laws and border fences? [emphasis added]
So the laws and the fences are for you whites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top