U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous political junky View Post
thank you!!! A rep for you.
ditto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:20 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Sounds like your in a corner here SassyOne.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no I'm not. I said he is supposed to set an example. Don't you think the President should set an example? Well, that one is a lost cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no I'm not. I said he is supposed to set an example. Don't you think the President should set an example? Well, that one is a lost cause.
And I said he DID, he told the TRUTH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no I'm not. I said he is supposed to set an example. Don't you think the President should set an example? Well, that one is a lost cause.
if you say so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no I'm not. I said he is supposed to set an example. Don't you think the President should set an example? Well, that one is a lost cause.
Well sassy pro-illegals are allowed to smear legals calling us lazy, calling us under achievers, over paid etc. Wait that was you whosaid those things. Free speech should apply to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 08:09 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,398 posts, read 6,959,302 times
Reputation: 2827
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
That is great that you would do those jobs with your mom, but you are two of the scarce ones. When you drive around and you see HELP WANTED signs. There are quite a few in Arizona and some have the signs up all the time. It is all about price. It would be like you going to the butcher and want a prime Rib, one butcher is charging $20.00 and the other butcher is charging $40.00, which one would you choose? It is not fair, but with the economy in the dumps, employers are also looking to be able to stay in business.
Not with her. FOR her. So she wouldnt worry. Ive got a strong 21 year old back that can take some abuse...hers, well, she'd skin me for putting her age out, so we'll just say hers is older.
May I ask what kinds of businesses have the "Help wanted" signs up frequently? ( there is a reason for my asking this)

I dont blame JUST the illegals. The government is doing a crappy job of following American's wishing concerning them ( and everything else for that matter). So they get blame too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well sassy pro-illegals are allowed to smear legals calling us lazy, calling us under achievers, over paid etc. Wait that was you whosaid those things. Free speech should apply to everyone.
Excuse me, I don't think any pro whatever has said that. I think free speech should apply to anyone. I don't think you would fly with making a threat towards the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Not with her. FOR her. So she wouldnt worry. Ive got a strong 21 year old back that can take some abuse...hers, well, she'd skin me for putting her age out, so we'll just say hers is older.
May I ask what kinds of businesses have the "Help wanted" signs up frequently? ( there is a reason for my asking this)

I dont blame JUST the illegals. The government is doing a crappy job of following American's wishing concerning them ( and everything else for that matter). So they get blame too.


Yes, that is the biggest part of the blame, our own President flew
over Arizona, what a joke and did not accomplish one thing.
The jobs are like McDonalds, Walmart, Home depot. Gas stations
It would not help for a full time job, but maybe a part time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Excuse me, I don't think any pro whatever has said that. I think free speech should apply to anyone. I don't think you would fly with making a threat towards the President.
You yourself have said illegals get the jobs because we are over paid, illegals work harder and many americans are lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You yourself have said illegals get the jobs because we are over paid, illegals work harder and many americans are lazy.
I have said that the illegals get the jobs because they will work for less, what part of THE EMPLOYERS HIRE THEM do you not get? I'm beginning to realize that you do not read the posts you skim them.
The only reason your side have a problem with us is, because we do not dislike the illegals. You mud sling on them all day, even when you know there are hispanics on this forum, you trash their culture and everything you can drum up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top