Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 01:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Since it involves one of the charities I give to, I can tell you that there are between 200,000 and 600,000 Homeless Veterans.

Random
And; we 'owe' our Vets a hell of a lot more than to a bunch of illegal immigrant losers.

Admittedly; some Vets prefer to be left alone and be 'homeless' (which I can understand for similar reasons), but, at least they should still have ready access to proper services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 02:13 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
[/i]

and people to this day use the they do jobs americans wont do

How did I know someone would come up with this old argument?

I would do some of those jobs! Me! and I am American born and bred. I would mop floors...pick peaches, whatever. Im sure Im not the only one.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:24 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

I would do some of those jobs! Me! and I am American born and bred. I would mop floors...pick peaches, whatever. Im sure Im not the only one.
That is great that you would do those jobs with your mom, but you are two of the scarce ones. When you drive around and you see HELP WANTED signs. There are quite a few in Arizona and some have the signs up all the time. It is all about price. It would be like you going to the butcher and want a prime Rib, one butcher is charging $20.00 and the other butcher is charging $40.00, which one would you choose? It is not fair, but with the economy in the dumps, employers are also looking to be able to stay in business.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

I was born and raised on a "Dairy Farm" in MI. Our family was also in the "logging Business". I would happy to "and just might end up doing it" and that's returning to a job of either farming or Forestry.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Since it involves one of the charities I give to, I can tell you that there are between 200,000 and 600,000 Homeless Veterans.

Random
I have the most respect of our veterns. Our government does not do enough for them either...pathetic

Old 09-21-2008, 03:11 PM

307 posts, read 521,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; we 'owe' our Vets a hell of a lot more than to a bunch of illegal immigrant losers.

Admittedly; some Vets prefer to be left alone and be 'homeless' (which I can understand for similar reasons), but, at least they should still have ready access to proper services.
Exactly!

Every dollar spent on housing an Illegal Immigrant is one less dollar spent on housing a homeless vet who has paid with their service, blood and lives.

Every Dollar spent feeding an Illegal Immigrant is one less dollar spent feeding an American who paid taxes.

Every Dollar spent educating Illegal Immigrant Children is one less Dollar spent to educate an American Child who's Ancestors paid with their slave labor.

Every dollar spent on teaching Illegal Immigrants English is one less dollar spent on Legal Immigrants who have paid both time and money to come here legally.

Random

Old 09-21-2008, 03:24 PM

307 posts, read 521,950 times
Sadly I know in the coming years we will see an increase in Homeless Vets as those who return from the Middle East fail to find help for the psychological and physical trauma they have been through.

Weather you support or oppose the War, the Vets have sacrificed in our name and that of our country. They deserve to get the medical care that they need. I ask that all reading this remind their Government officials of the Debt that we owe as well as to try to pay for it by donating to Veterans organizations with your time or money.

Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have the most respect of our veterns. Our government does not do enough for them either...pathetic

Old 09-21-2008, 04:40 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
Quote:
That is great that you would do those jobs with your mom, but you are two of the scarce ones. When you drive around and you see HELP WANTED signs. There are quite a few in Arizona and some have the signs up all the time. It is all about price. It would be like you going to the butcher and want a prime Rib, one butcher is charging $20.00 and the other butcher is charging $40.00, which one would you choose? It is not fair, but with the economy in the dumps, employers are also looking to be able to stay in business.
Is that so?

Then why is it when said employer fires an American to whom he was paying a living wage plus benefits and hires an illegal alien for indentured servitude wages and no benefits, said employer merely pockets said savings and doesn't enhance that business by passing savings onto customers?

Because, he's merely interested in increasing his bottom line by whatever means, whether those means are legal or not and he doesn't care who he has to take advantage of to do so.

That is not a person I personally would want to do business with.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well: the pro illegal 'Hispanic' advocates who slur/slander America and Americans need to be held to the same standards.
We have free speech, remember?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
We have free speech, remember?
But you and others only seem to think that the illegal lovers have the right to free speech, as all of you do what you can to shut the anti-illegal people up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration