Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:22 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,394,336 times

Advertisements

The woman found wandering the Woodbridge Center mall on Nov. 2, 1994, appeared to be in her mid-50s, spoke only Spanish and couldn't remember her name or where she lived. She carried an empty purse with no identification.
What mall security guards and police officers knew about her they divined by her appearance: She wore two rings, including a wed ding band. Her hair was combed and her clothes were clean.
Fourteen years later, authorities still don't know much about her.
The mystery woman, alternately referred to as "Jane Doe" and "Elba," has lived quietly -- and anonymously -- in New Jersey's psychiatric hospital system.
Sensing time may be running out -- diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, she is bedridden at the Garrett Hagedorn Psychiatric Hospital in Hunterdon County -- state Human Services officials are launching the biggest effort yet to find out who she is.

"Every human being is entitled to the minimal dignity of dying at least with their name," said Lt. Eduardo Ojeda of the Human Services Police Department. "This lady is a human being. I am sure she has some family member out there or friends who never knew what happened or what became of her. She may be a mother, a sister. She may be someone's grandmother."

Beginning this week, the woman's photos will be circulated to media outlets, particularly the Spanish-speaking press. Ojeda has contacted the consulates for the Colombian and Venezuelan governments and plans to canvass offices of other Central and South America countries.
Most familiar with her case sus pect she came to this country illegally. They believe when she showed signs of amnesia or dementia, a relative or friend may have left her at the mall, assuming someone would come to her aid.

The woman no one knows - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com

Well, at least they didn't leave her in whatever 3rd world cesspool she originates from. She would have been dead 14 years ago, or raped by a pervert who preys on old ladies.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:27 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The woman found wandering the Woodbridge Center mall on Nov. 2, 1994, appeared to be in her mid-50s, spoke only Spanish and couldn't remember her name or where she lived. She carried an empty purse with no identification.
What mall security guards and police officers knew about her they divined by her appearance: She wore two rings, including a wed ding band. Her hair was combed and her clothes were clean.
The mystery woman, alternately referred to as "Jane Doe" and "Elba," has lived quietly -- and anonymously -- in New Jersey's psychiatric hospital system.
Sensing time may be running out -- diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, she is bedridden at the Garrett Hagedorn Psychiatric Hospital in Hunterdon County -- state Human Services officials are launching the biggest effort yet to find out who she is.

"Every human being is entitled to the minimal dignity of dying at least with their name," said Lt. Eduardo Ojeda of the Human Services Police Department. "This lady is a human being. I am sure she has some family member out there or friends who never knew what happened or what became of her. She may be a mother, a sister. She may be someone's grandmother."

Beginning this week, the woman's photos will be circulated to media outlets, particularly the Spanish-speaking press. Ojeda has contacted the consulates for the Colombian and Venezuelan governments and plans to canvass offices of other Central and South America countries.
Most familiar with her case sus pect she came to this country illegally. They believe when she showed signs of amnesia or dementia, a relative or friend may have left her at the mall, assuming someone would come to her aid.

Well, at least they didn't leave her in whatever 3rd world cesspool she originates from. She would have been dead 14 years ago, or raped by a pervert who preys on old ladies.

Just when I thought you couldnt go any lower.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:51 PM

164 posts, read 259,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

-----------
This is horrible just horrible story but I have heard it does happen more than people think.
People bring sick,mentaly ill relatives through border and dump them in hospitals or in this case a shopping mall and than take off.
Her family is long gone no one will claim her . No one wants a relative in an institution in Mexico . It is very very bad.
This is why open borders so sick can be bought her legally is the answer for everyone.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:04 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,589,969 times
People that espouse taking from others without their permission are deserving of EVERY attack they get. Her entire argument seems to be that America has PLENTY of money, and we should pay for Mexicans. I'm sick and tired of illegal aliens LITERALLY picking my pocket and expecting me and the rest of the tax-paying Americans to fork over the dough so they can have a 'better life'.

My CHILD deserves a better life, too, and my FIRST responsibility is to see that HE gets it, LONG before some illegal border-jumper with a 'gimme, gimme, gimme' BAD ATTITUDE!

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-24-2008 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: removed quoted deleted post

Old 09-13-2008, 07:05 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,307,421 times
Sadly, "granny dumping" goes on all over this country. That sounds like what happened in this case. I honestly wonder if she may be a citizen, as in - came here w/ her family and b/c of dementia - reverted back to her native language. If this had occurred in a border state, I would be more likely to think someone had brought her over the border and dumped her, but it sounds to me like she literally wandered off from her residence in NJ or was purposely dumped by a family member.

What a very strange story.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:07 PM

164 posts, read 259,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
People that espouse taking from others without their permission are deserving of EVERY attack they get. Her entire argument seems to be that America has PLENTY of money, and we should pay for Mexicans. I'm sick and tired of illegal aliens LITERALLY picking my pocket and expecting me and the rest of the tax-paying Americans to fork over the dough so they can have a 'better life'.

My CHILD deserves a better life, too, and my FIRST responsibility is to see that HE gets it, LONG before some illegal border-jumper with a 'gimme, gimme, gimme' BAD ATTITUDE!

Our goverment is no good this is much better and nicer . There is mucho for everyone.

Plenty for your child and plenty for my siblings . We can all have a piece of the pie and no harm done.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:40 PM

26,694 posts, read 41,660,871 times
Leave us to decide who we share what with. Too many of my fellow americans are down on their luck, now aint the best time to share every little thing for the US.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-24-2008 at 08:38 AM..

Old 09-13-2008, 07:43 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then Mexico needs to be dismantled and parted out between the USA, Spain and a few other First World nations.
What kind of imperialist bs is that??

What right does the US and Spain even have to Mexico?

Old 09-13-2008, 07:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,532,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

I would say as much right as millions of Mexican illegal aliens have to the US.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:46 PM

26,694 posts, read 41,660,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

I cant speak for Spain but for the US we've taken millions of their residents of Mexico's hands and paid the bills for their upkeep. Mexico owes us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.