U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2008, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Exactly.

The problem is the illegal immigrants..not the ethnicity of the people coming. We're color blind, ethnicity blind..its a black and white issue. Citizens and legal immigrants=good.
illegal aliens=bad.

Thats why we don't fret too much over the culture, or the language, or the countries where these..."people" come from.
We don't want to insult all the good people of those countries, or of those cultures, or the people who choose to speak that language.

Its an "illegal" issue, not an "ethnic" issue.

All illegal aliens are illegal aliens, and thats our only problem.
Would you please explain why it is that illegal lovers are the first one to decry racism and to bring up culture and such then? It seems that they are the first to bring up hate or ethnicity and such, but all you and others do is go after the people who are against our laws being broken. hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2008, 06:46 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Exactly.

The problem is the illegal immigrants..not the ethnicity of the people coming. We're color blind, ethnicity blind..its a black and white issue. Citizens and legal immigrants=good.
illegal aliens=bad.

Thats why we don't fret too much over the culture, or the language, or the countries where these..."people" come from.
We don't want to insult all the good people of those countries, or of those cultures, or the people who choose to speak that language.

Its an "illegal" issue, not an "ethnic" issue.

All illegal aliens are illegal aliens, and thats the only thing we have a problem with.
Its not personal...its the law!
Oh man, don't even go there! You know as well as I that there is a concentrated effort going on by supposed illegal immigrant advocates to keep spanish speaking people monolingual. It's all about that aztlan pride crap they spew and the illegals lap up. I've yet to hear of another ethnicity so hell bound on keeping their allegiance by culture and language to a country that screwed them over so badly. Maybe you can explain where this pride comes from that they don't want to be 'american'? Asian illegals don't seem to have that problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh man, don't even go there! You know as well as I that there is a concentrated effort going on by supposed illegal immigrant advocates to keep spanish speaking people monolingual. It's all about that aztlan pride crap they spew and the illegals lap up. I've yet to hear of another ethnicity so hell bound on keeping their allegiance by culture and language to a country that screwed them over so badly. Maybe you can explain where this pride comes from that they don't want to be 'american'? Asian illegals don't seem to have that problem.
Sorry camping but you are very wrong. We know that they are illegal when they come here, the illegal part of it is not our fault, and as long as we don't do anything illegal that is what is important. I told you I have checked with the border patrol on what you can and cannot do.
Have you guys ever questioned why we have wackenhut and pay for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh man, don't even go there! You know as well as I that there is a concentrated effort going on by supposed illegal immigrant advocates to keep spanish speaking people monolingual. It's all about that aztlan pride crap they spew and the illegals lap up. I've yet to hear of another ethnicity so hell bound on keeping their allegiance by culture and language to a country that screwed them over so badly. Maybe you can explain where this pride comes from that they don't want to be 'american'? Asian illegals don't seem to have that problem.
Asians our very proud about their culture. Thats why in LA and New York you always see those Chinese New Year parades.
You ever been to towns in LA's San Gabriel Valley, like say Alhambra? You'll hear nothing but Mandarin and Cantonese being spoken.
Or Koreatown where almost all the signs are in Korean.

Thing is, Asians arent as widespread as Latinos, and the immigrants usually stay in their enclaves until the next generation moves out. So they don't get criticized as much for practicing their culture or speaking their languages.
I always get a kick out of it when people say stuff like, "Well, Asians don't have any trouble speaking English."
Go to an Asian enclave, and you won't hear or read much English.

On the other hand, if someone is trying to keep Latinos from learning English, its not working. Immigrant Latinos, just like immigrant Asians, dont usually speak English, but the generations raised in America do.

I dont personally know anybody Latino born and raised in American, who don't speak English. Even when their parents don't speak a word of English.

I think that criticism is reserved for the Hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh, there are illegal immigrants from North Korea -- only they try to escape to China. When the Chinese find them, its back to North Korea and one of two scenarios will happen: either they will be shot and left in the street or they and three generations of their family will be imprisoned. Hard to tell which is the better option, isn't it? Kinda makes the US not seem so, um what were they saying about ICE in Chicago recently? Oh yes, it doesn't make the US seem quite so 'terroristic' does it?

Regardless, the 250,000 are coming from South Korea and they only want a 'chance at a better life' and 'work'. Sound familiar? Again, I can like them individually, and more then likely sympathise with them but in the end they have to go back to S Korea. As Mexico has proven, 250,000 can become 12+ million pretty damn fast.

That's right. The next thing you know, Koreans will be building Consulates in all 50 states, the President of South Korea will announce, "Wherever there is a Korean, there is Korea!", a group named 'however you would say 'the race' in Korean' will spring up and start screaming every time we try to deport any illegal Korean, the Korean government will print up booklets telling future illegals which cargo shippers are best to stow away on and the Koreans will tell us that along time ago when the earth was one gigantic continent, part of the 'US' was actually 'Korea' sooooo- we stole their land!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Sorry camping but you are very wrong. We know that they are illegal when they come here, the illegal part of it is not our fault, and as long as we don't do anything illegal that is what is important. I told you I have checked with the border patrol on what you can and cannot do.
Have you guys ever questioned why we have wackenhut and pay for them?
If they are illegal then they are criminals, no matter how you try to whitewash the crime. They make it even worse by using fake and/or forged documents, which happens to be felonies, and even more breaking of our laws by staying and working or using our welfare system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

I dont personally know anybody Latino born and raised in American, who don't speak English. Even when their parents don't speak a word of English.

I think that criticism is reserved for the Hispanics.
Then you don't know very many at all. I have family that lives in NM and AZ and they know, as do I, that live in those states that have generations of of non-English speaking Hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:06 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Then you don't know very many at all. I have family that lives in NM and AZ and they know, as do I, that live in those states that have generations of of non-English speaking Hispanics.
Yeah, okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
The main thrust of this forum is immigration...and it's been allowed to concentrate almost entirely on the "illegal" variety...by mutual consent, I'd guess. Criticism, on this forum, by those opposed to illegal immigration, is aimed at those here illegally. The greatest share of the criticism is probably aimed at those illegals here in the greatest numbers. At the present time, that group happens to be Hispanics.

If things were different, then the object of criticism would change. Ifr 20 million Koreans were here illegally....and if they had difficulties adjusting like the illegal Hispanics do...AND if there were only a few thousand illegal Hispanics...AND if they were seen as adjusting to American society as the Koreans are now seen...then KOREANS would be criticized, and HISPANICS would not.

Short answer? I agree with you..criticism, on this forum, by those opposed to illegal immigration is, indeed, "reserved for Hispanics"...except for the very vitriolic criticism that's aimed at 'anti-illegals'. THAT criticism gets at least as 'nasty' as its opposite...except most of it isn't reserved for Hispanics.

Wow, I feel so unique!
One of the few Hispanics who didn't have problems "adjusting to American society".
Antonio Villaraigosa, Carlos Santana, Robert Rodriguez, Jessica Alba...other anomalies who deviated from the pattern of Hispanics unable to adjust to American society.

Its a miracle, really.

Latinos should really look at Koreans and others who have no 'difficulties adjusting', speaking English and embracing American culture right off the boat.






Why do Latinos have to be the only immigrants speaking their home language? WHYYYY!?!


But youre right like always, Mac. Thanks for the common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Reputation: 391
amc, when are you going to figure out that it's the sheer numbers of illegals from Mexico that drives the criticism. If the numbers were reversed, and illegal Koreans were taking over entire neighborhoods in EVERY state of the Union, the criticism WOULD be aimed at them instead of at Mexicans.

230,000 compared to 15+ million is 1/60th of the problem, or as a statistician would say, "Statistically insignificant."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top