U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:53 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,043,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How many crimes have been committed by people of other races??

(I assume you mean by Hispanics, not on them...)

The home invasions were on hispanics, the invaders wore ski mask and spoke spanish and arabic according to the local news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
That is really screwed up. I'm all for controlling the borders better and taking punitive action against those who hire illegal immigrants but acts of violence like this are shameful and disgusting. I hope whoever did it gets the maximum penalty possible under the law.

It all sounds a little strange to me, the local news said a neighbor called police on one invasion and said the men wore ski mast carried weapons looked like AK's... and spoke in spanish and arabic.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:42 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,491,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
That is really screwed up. I'm all for controlling the borders better and taking punitive action against those who hire illegal immigrants but acts of violence like this are shameful and disgusting. I hope whoever did it gets the maximum penalty possible under the law.

Even if the maximum penalty is the death penalty? To be honest I don't care how many get shot coming here illegal.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:12 PM

354 posts, read 762,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Even if the maximum penalty is the death penalty? To be honest I don't care how many get shot coming here illegal.
That's an unfortunate outlook on the situation, Texanborn (and Jim280, while we're at it), because these acts are gross violations of human rights as defined by countless international organizations, including the U.S. government and the United Nations.

Just because you disagree with someone else breaking a law, doesn't mean you have the right to take their life or otherwise infringe upon their rights. Unless you are employed by the government and remain under oversight, you have absolutely zero business interfering in such situations, unless they happen to be on your property. Even then, you can't brutally murder someone who is on their way out (like shooting a trespasser in the back).

You must have no soul if you think this sort of behavior is justifiable. And, yes, that is an opinion.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
That's an unfortunate outlook on the situation, Texanborn (and Jim280, while we're at it), because these acts are gross violations of human rights as defined by countless international organizations, including the U.S. government and the United Nations.

Just because you disagree with someone else breaking a law, doesn't mean you have the right to take their life or otherwise infringe upon their rights. Unless you are employed by the government and remain under oversight, you have absolutely zero business interfering in such situations, unless they happen to be on your property. Even then, you can't brutally murder someone who is on their way out (like shooting a trespasser in the back).

You must have no soul if you think this sort of behavior is justifiable. And, yes, that is an opinion.

According to our local news the invaders spoke spanish and arabic, I doubt it was white people doing the invading here. Since the people didn't live in the best part of town...draw your own conclusion here. If your're here illegal and doing other things illegal as well and get shot...oh well.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
According to our local news the invaders spoke spanish and arabic, I doubt it was white people doing the invading here. Since the people didn't live in the best part of town...draw your own conclusion here. If your're here illegal and doing other things illegal as well and get shot...oh well.
Does their speaking Spanish and Arabic justify the ludicrous behavior of the individuals that shot them? And, yeah, its implied that they're illegal immigrants (I can't remember if the source states this directly, I read it a bit ago.).

You really must be consumed by hatred to even consider this behavior justifiable. I mean, what's to stop me from shooting my neighbor who speaks Chinese? He might be a communist doing an inside job!

Old 02-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Does their speaking Spanish and Arabic justify the ludicrous behavior of the individuals that shot them? And, yeah, its implied that they're illegal immigrants (I can't remember if the source states this directly, I read it a bit ago.).

You really must be consumed by hatred to even consider this behavior justifiable. I mean, what's to stop me from shooting my neighbor who speaks Chinese? He might be a communist doing an inside job!

You need to go back and re-read my posts, there were NO people shot in these home invasions. I think it's YOUR hatred of people that don't approve of illegal aliens that has your brain fuzzy.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:16 PM

I don't think I have the need to re-read any of your posts, considering you've misread the source within your original post.

An exerpt from http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/gunmen-open-fire-on-illegal-immigrants/20070208152409990002?ncid=NWS00010000000001:

Gunmen stopped a pickup truck full of illegal immigrants, shot some and took the rest captive Thursday in an attack that left at least three men dead and two people wounded, authorities said. The men shot three people, one fatally, along a known smuggling corridor near Tucson, then forced several other immigrants in the group to leave with them, Pima County sheriff's officials said. Investigators did not immediately know a motive for Thursday's attack, but gangs of bandits are known to roam border areas preying on illegal immigrants as they cross into the country.

I suppose you should review the sources which you include in the threads you begin. These acts don't positively contribute to the anti-immigration agenda.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I don't think I have the need to re-read any of your posts, considering you've misread the source within your original post.

An exerpt from http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/gunmen-open-fire-on-illegal-immigrants/20070208152409990002?ncid=NWS00010000000001:

Gunmen stopped a pickup truck full of illegal immigrants, shot some and took the rest captive Thursday in an attack that left at least three men dead and two people wounded, authorities said. The men shot three people, one fatally, along a known smuggling corridor near Tucson, then forced several other immigrants in the group to leave with them, Pima County sheriff's officials said. Investigators did not immediately know a motive for Thursday's attack, but gangs of bandits are known to roam border areas preying on illegal immigrants as they cross into the country.

I suppose you should review the sources which you include in the threads you begin. These acts don't positively contribute to the anti-immigration agenda.

What does the orginal post have to do with the home invasions? Two entirely seperate incidents. I see you're back in *excuse mode* again, shying away from the current discussion... which was the home invasions... as for the acts being a positive contribution to illegal aliens, I suppose that's a matter of opinion for each individual.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:24 PM

191 posts, read 624,724 times
For those against killing illegals, what do you propose be done? I don't have a solution but I know that if we deport them, they will keep coming back. And as for the 2 border agents who face 10 and 11 years in prison, that is BS. He had 700lbs of marijuana and our govt gave him immunity for testifying against the agents. So this damn drug dealer testified against our citizens in our courtrooms. wtf is wrong with this country? If Bush doesn't pardon them, I will lost any respect I have for the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or