Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Tell me something, why is it everytime I or someone else on this forum who isn't completely hysterically judgemental towards illegals posts anything on here, you & others jump on our backs? It's kind of absurd & amusing at the same time.
The posters in this particular forum are among the silliest and most obtuse of all of City-Data. I was accused last time of being an illegal immigrant myself actually. No joke.

It really is quite amusing though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 12:24 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times
How come Mexico hasn't stepped in to help it's Citizens stranded over here?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:40 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
The posters in this particular forum are among the silliest and most obtuse of all of City-Data. I was accused last time of being an illegal immigrant myself actually. No joke.

It is beyond hope. Chey2u and myself have been accused of being the same person, that we are illegals (which is very funny), and then to top it off, they will accuse you of saying things you have NEVER said.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:42 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post

Join the club, haha.

They can't comprehend the fact that someone can disagree with them on the issue, AND be an American citizen.

The only way some of their minds can wrap around it is to think we are illegals.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:45 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Did they really spit in your face?? These are human beings going thru a tough time, therefore I do have sympathy for them. I really don't care if they're illegal or not.

No, not really, but..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uORAyORWRAA

Old 09-22-2008, 12:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How come Mexico hasn't stepped in to help it's Citizens stranded over here?

ROFL! That's the $64,000 question, now isn't it? If American citizens were stranded in Mexico after a hurricane, do you suppose we would just leave them sitting there waiting for the Mexican government to take care of them? Didn't Calderon tell us that wherever there was a Mexican, there was Mexico? I guess that does not apply when they need financial assistance.

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
He is one of several thousand illegal immigrants living in a post-storm limbo, afraid they will be discovered by the squads of law enforcement officers now patrolling the streets and guarding the causeway entrance. Some of the undocumented immigrants are hesitant to leave the island, worrying they will not be allowed back. While they wait for work to resume, the financial assistance for housing and personal losses offered by government agencies is not available since they lack valid U.S. identity documents.

They're ILLEGAL they don't pay into the system for any of the services they want and often get like health care and education. They are Mexican and should look for help in Mexico. Go back and get in line if you want to come here!

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Well, I can't open it, I'm at work. Apparently you have to verify you're over 18, I'm not going to risk, I'll have to watch it later.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
These are human beings going thru a tough time, therefore I do have sympathy for them. I really don't care if they're illegal or not.

I feel sorry for the millions of legal U.S. citizens who are being robbed of tax dollars that go to health care and schooling for ILLEGAL immigrants.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:52 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Did they really spit in your face?? These are human beings going thru a tough time, therefore I do have sympathy for them. I really don't care if they're illegal or not.
I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration