Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:08 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,548,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Snoop in US affairs? haha

So theyre sitting there with a telescope in between the blinds?
Doesn't the US approve of foreign consulates?
I was going to say, isn't this something that must be approved by the U.S. government? I doubt that an embassy can just be put up willy-nilly anywhere they choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,490,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Tell me what justification Mexico has for having 47 Consulates in the US.
We share one of the longest borders in the world? And the world's most frequently crossed? There are more Mexican citizens that are here for one reason or another than any other nationality?

Quote:
Most likely plotting ways to bring more of their impoverished, poorly educated people here so they don't have to take care of them.
Are you seriously going to back up this abortion of a statement, or do you just spew this stuff out without thinking it over?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,470,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
We share one of the longest borders in the world?
Our border with Canada is longer (5,525 miles). Canada has a grand total of 20 Consulates in the US. To the best of my knowledge, there are not millions of overwhelmingly unskilled and uneducated Canadian citizens living illegally in the US. And the Canadian government does not print booklets that show it's citizens the best way to sneak into the US illegally and tell them that we stole part of their land. Too bad we don't have another First world country on our southern border, eh?

Quote:
And the world's most frequently crossed? There are more Mexican citizens that are here for one reason or another than any other nationality?
That's a real problem, now isn't it? Looks like Mexico needs to step up their efforts to keep their own citizens in Mexico.

Quote:
Are you seriously going to back up this abortion of a statement, or do you just spew this stuff out without thinking it over?
Do you know specifically what they do in their Mexican Consulates? Whatever it is they do, somehow I doubt that alot of time is devoted to figuring out ways to get Mexican citizens illegally in the US back to Mexico. That is my opinion. If you don't like it.............................

Old 09-22-2008, 04:31 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,539,481 times
Quote:
Most likely plotting ways to bring more of their impoverished, poorly educated people here so they don't have to take care of them.
Sorry if this point 'rankles', folks....and yes, perhaps Andreabeth MIGHT have chosen words a bit more diplomatic in her post. But it's a well-known "fact of life", has been for decades, and has been mentioned in one way or another in a HOST of writings, many of them by Mexican thinkers, that one of the BIGGEST enablers of the 'status quo' in Mexico..that is, the rich having 'carte blanche' to 'screw over' the poor, and to do so continually, and with virtual impunity..is the VERY porous US Border; the availability of the US as a place to 'send' their disgruntled poor before these poor reach anything like 'the breaking point'....AND, as an added 'sweetener', the remittances sent home by expatriate Mexicans, which add an immense 'boost' to the Mexican economy.

MANY writers have commented on this, and the related point that, IF Mexico were not adjacent to the US, but instead found itself next door to Pakistan, or Russia, or China...Mexico would have NO CHOICE but to reform its social system and begin to treat its poor respectfully..OR rapidly descend into revolution. As it stands, in recent decades, they haven't had to do EITHER, because the 'angry poor' don't have to revolt, they can simply LEAVE.

It's hard to reform an alcoholic, as long as "you're buying"....Mexico's unfair government is like an alcoholic....and the US is its 'enabler".

Old 09-22-2008, 05:10 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,921,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sorry if this point 'rankles', folks....and yes, perhaps Andreabeth MIGHT have chosen words a bit more diplomatic in her post. But it's a well-known "fact of life", has been for decades, and has been mentioned in one way or another in a HOST of writings, many of them by Mexican thinkers, that one of the BIGGEST enablers of the 'status quo' in Mexico..that is, the rich having 'carte blanche' to 'screw over' the poor, and to do so continually, and with virtual impunity..is the VERY porous US Border; the availability of the US as a place to 'send' their disgruntled poor before these poor reach anything like 'the breaking point'....AND, as an added 'sweetener', the remittances sent home by expatriate Mexicans, which add an immense 'boost' to the Mexican economy.

MANY writers have commented on this, and the related point that, IF Mexico were not adjacent to the US, but instead found itself next door to Pakistan, or Russia, or China...Mexico would have NO CHOICE but to reform its social system and begin to treat its poor respectfully..OR rapidly descend into revolution. As it stands, in recent decades, they haven't had to do EITHER, because the 'angry poor' don't have to revolt, they can simply LEAVE.

It's hard to reform an alcoholic, as long as "you're buying"....Mexico's unfair government is like an alcoholic....and the US is its 'enabler".
Very well said and thank you for that piece.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:24 AM

391 posts, read 871,887 times
Quote:
Tell me what justification Mexico has for having 47 Consulates in the US.

I had no idea we had so many mexican consolates here. How did you find that info?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:34 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,395,551 times
Quote:
I care because I see it as yet another attempt to meddle and snoop in US affairs. I also think the main purpose of having 47 consulates here is to keep as many illegal alien Mexicans in the US as possible.
Bingo. In exchange for votes and anticipation of Senor Boosh's assurance of amnesty, many have been built during his 2 terms to keep any of them from having any reason to ever return home.

Take a look at whose on the board of directors of MATT.org., many of whom have past and present drug cartel connections dating back more than 2 generations.

El Andar: Los Amigos de Bush

MATT Corp - Board of Directors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration