U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:00 AM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Hey dude, I'm waiting for YOU to 'look at the numbers'. You want to see what they say, YOU do the legwork. Until YOU'RE willing to invest some time and effort into REFUTING what's been posted, YOUR posts amount to nothing more than hot air and excuses.
It's annoying. They employ tactics of smear and segue to grind a thread to useless. I'm not even going to address that propagandist trying to to tell me South Carolina doesn't have a high population of illegal aliens.

“The increase in illegal immigrants in Beaufort County, as in other counties, has put tremendous demands on local law enforcement,” said Beaufort County Sheriff P.J. Tanner.

Note : Beaufort County, South Carolina, is Section 287(g)

COLUMBIA, S.C. --Gov. Mark Sanford signed legislation Wednesday that threatens to temporarily shut down businesses and fine them up to $1,000 per worker if they employ illegal immigrants.
Associated Press
June 2008
http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/05062008/323/sc-s-sanford-signs-illegal-immigration-bill.html
The message is loud and clear: Stop the silent invasion of this state," said Senate President Pro Tem Glenn McConnell, R-Charleston.

Last edited by r601020; 09-23-2008 at 12:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
It's annoying. They employ tactics of smear and segue to grind a thread to useless. I'm not even going to address that propagandist trying to to tell me South Carolina doesn't have a high population of illegal aliens.

“The increase in illegal immigrants in Beaufort County, as in other counties, has put tremendous demands on local law enforcement,” said Beaufort County Sheriff P.J. Tanner.

Note : Beaufort County, South Carolina, is Section 287(g)

COLUMBIA, S.C. --Gov. Mark Sanford signed legislation Wednesday that threatens to temporarily shut down businesses and fine them up to $1,000 per worker if they employ illegal immigrants.
Associated Press
June 2008
http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/05062008/323/sc-s-sanford-signs-illegal-immigration-bill.html
The message is loud and clear: Stop the silent invasion of this state," said Senate President Pro Tem Glenn McConnell, R-Charleston.
Tjhe illegal lovers always post lies when it comes to illegals in this country. I know that illegals have invaded the state of SC since I have one cousin who lives there. He told me about how they have invaded the state, North Carolina too.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:10 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,962,830 times
I keep hearing this phrase "illegal lovers."

Who exactly are the illegal lovers on this board? Is there anyone here who loves illegals?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:32 AM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Tjhe illegal lovers always post lies when it comes to illegals in this country. I know that illegals have invaded the state of SC since I have one cousin who lives there. He told me about how they have invaded the state, North Carolina too.
Daley [Mayor of Chicago] said anti-immigrant groups overstate the amount of crime committed by undocumented immigrants.
Daley Disputes Suburban Sheriff's Immigrant Squeeze - News Story - WMAQ | Chicago

Refute the Mayor of Chicago, as these are not immigrants, they are "illegal aliens", and there's no such thing as an undocument immigrant. That's called gobbledygook.

Refute the Mayor of Chicago, as Illinois is ranked #11 for violent crime, and Illinois is also ranked in the top states for quantity of illegal aliens. There is no correlation? This quantity of crime committed by illegal aliens is being overstated?

Refute the Mayor of Chicago, as no statistics are kept by the Federal Government on crime committed by illegal aliens, and therefore, it's not being stated at all!

The Mayor of Chicago is part of the problem, not the solution.

Last edited by r601020; 09-23-2008 at 09:44 AM..

Old 09-23-2008, 10:10 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post

Who exactly are the illegal lovers on this board? Is there anyone here who loves illegals?
Here is one:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
She is just a nice person but I myself am an undocumented worker lover .

No such thing as entering a country illegaly when your doing jobs people do not want to do . You need to realize that .

Old 09-23-2008, 01:59 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post

I'm not sure about "illegal lovers", but I once worked with a guy who "loved someone, in an illegal way". Shortly thereafter, he suddenly quit, left no forwarding address, and I lost track of both him AND his victim. Not sure if you'd call him an "illegal lover", though......maybe..(?)

Old 09-23-2008, 03:24 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
i didnt know you were talkin to me. thanks AMC for clarification on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Hey dude, I'm waiting for YOU to 'look at the numbers'. You want to see what they say, YOU do the legwork. Until YOU'RE willing to invest some time and effort into REFUTING what's been posted, YOUR posts amount to nothing more than hot air and excuses.
hot air and excuses huh?

well i prefer to look at a complete set of numbers. till then the OP and the article are the ones guilty of conjecture.

until you can provide concrete stats of the number of illegals flooding texas (and not just a single article with admittedly anecdotal evidence) from other states, you are just guessing.
until you can provide information on the amount of crimes comitted by illegals you are just presuming.

i can easily presume that the increas in crime can be attributed to the wave of refugees from the south.
i can draw conculsions as the UCR includes Data from 2006, and katrina happened in 2005. i can erroneously draw conclusions. but i wont.

you guys want to prove your point? heres how.

find data that does show a surge in illegals within the state of texas or by county(coming from other states). then find data that shows a surge in crimes committed by illegals within the state of texas and or by county.

there you might have a case.
you can then say: "in the years 2006/07, within county X in the state of texas a Y% rise in illegals, who reported having previously resided in AZ, was seen. Within X county there was also a rise in crimes committed by illegals from 2006 to 2007. Illegals created a surge in crimes within county X from 2006 to 2007"

otherwise this is only specualtion as to why the number of crimes in texas has risen.

it could have been katrina. it could have been an unusually high number of parolees.

its not my job to make your case.

besides lookin at the data most places did see a rise in violent crime. some didnt.

in the end i take these words of caution from the very site the data we are discussing originates

"Figures used in this Report are submitted voluntarily by law enforcement agencies throughout the country. Individuals using these tabulations are cautioned against drawing conclusions by making direct comparisons between cities. Comparisons lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting communities and their residents. Valid assessments are possible only with careful study and analysis of the range of unique conditions affecting each local law enforcement jurisdiction. It is important to remember that crime is a social problem and, therefore, a concern of the entire community. The efforts of law enforcement are limited to factors within its control. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual agencies. Further information on this topic can be obtained in the annual UCR report Crime in the United States, 2006. Data users can obtain assistance by calling (304) 625-4995."

all i had said in my previous post was to look at the whole picture.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya
I'm sure they are all here legally.

San Diego County Sheriff - 10 Most Wanted (http://www.sdsheriff.net/tmw/ - broken link)

Top Ten Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
hey may or may not be. whats your point. intil you have proof that they are illegal, you have no point.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
hmmm as i count it, i see 19 out of the 20 that appear to be hispanic. no trends there?
so the trend is that they are hispanic. so what does that have to do with immigration?

or do you think that because they are hispanic they are illegal?

please clarify this...

Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 PM

164 posts, read 227,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
do you kind of get the impression that the government is not bursting into tears over the safety of its citizens.
illegal immigration is an under the table NAFTA. its is labor busting at its finest.
its the law breaking the law.
the cure is unions.
obama 08

Unions are not the answer to anything. Hard working good people at reasonable rates is but I agree Obama in 08 .

Though I have different reason than you for wanting him to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration