Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:51 PM
mrt

9 posts, read 31,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
They are "eying" the benefits more than anything. There's schooling for the kids, FREE medical care (which we, as citizens, don't even get, but we pay for theirs), welfare, WIC, food stamps, etc. etc., that we also pay for.

So, we dry up the jobs, and dry up the benefits. Simple.

And, we can deport ONE by ONE, whenever they are caught. It doesn't have to be all 30 million at once.
Cousinsal, exactly right.

I have a slightly different take.

Why bother to mobilize law enforcement and deport them?

I wouldn't subject our law folks to that dirty job on that big a scale.

Way too much effort, also gives the liberal media and other mental defectives the ability to scream about the "injustice" of it all.

If I may amplify your suggestions.

We can stop them from working (through employer sanctions and provenance of legal status). As soon as employers find it too risky, this problem is mostly over.

We can stop gifting them public monies - if you cannot prove that you are a citizen, no public money. If you cannot prove legal status, no public schooling.

The bulk will leave on their own. We will not have to DO anything.

If you can't eat or obtain shelter, what are you going to do?

They will go back over the border, the same way they came in. Whether through an approved crossing point or not.

The police will clean up few that remain, if they misbehave.

That is the answer to the poster that wanted to hear a plan to deport 12-20 million....you don't have to physically deport them, just do what we should have been doing all along.

I don't think you can have a 100 percent success rate, of course. You will have a huge reduction in the numbers, though.

I also think the police are for a severe reduction in illegal aliens. They just can't say it.

But, when their fellow officers are getting killed by illegal aliens that shouldn't even be here Scottsdale police logging immigration status (broken link)
the police tend to take a dim view of the situation.

So as Cousinsal said, there it is.

Stop employment, stop enabling them through public money and services, and they will go and the police and ICE will be delighted to assist with those that need convincing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 02:57 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
WELL, YOU KNOW I WOULD NOT BE THAT CONCERNED ABOUT HISPANICS
HIGHER EDUCATION, I VISIT THE BEST COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN THE UNITED STATES, AND SEE A CLEAR MAJORITY OF ETHNIC GROUPS INCLUDING
HISPANICS, JEWISH, MIDDLE EASTENERS, ASIANS, AND EASTERN EUROPEANS MOSTLY, I WOULD BE CONCERNED AT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR CAUCASIAN-ANGO POPULATION.
BESIDES, ALL INNER CITY SCHOOL SYSTEMS ARE BAD, AND EVERY ETHNIC GROUP INCLUDED CAUCASIANS ARE DOOMED TO FAIL. WE CAN ALL BE VERY SELECTIVE ABOUT THE STATISTICS WE QUOTE, BUT THAT DOES NOT MAK US RIGHT.
Almost all the Ivy League schools have at least a 7% Hispanic population.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Almost all the Ivy League schools have at least a 7% Hispanic population.
And the MEChA types will likely howl that said 'Hispanics' may tend to be blond hair/blue eyed Argentines------never mind that under US gov't guideline, any person from a Spanish speaking country is 'Hispanic'.

Belize does not count; legally speaking, a Spanish speaking Mestizo named Jose Martinez does not considered Hispanic/Latino due to that country being a former British colony.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the MEChA types will likely howl that said 'Hispanics' may tend to be blond hair/blue eyed Argentines------never mind that under US gov't guideline, any person from a Spanish speaking country is 'Hispanic'.

Belize does not count; legally speaking, a Spanish speaking Mestizo named Jose Martinez does not considered Hispanic/Latino due to that country being a former British colony.
Quite untrue. Race and ethnicity is self selected. Has nothing to do with country of origin.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Quite untrue. Race and ethnicity is self selected. Has nothing to do with country of origin.
US Government guidelines defining 'Hispanic'

Old 03-15-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Which says...

People who identify with the terms "Hispanic" or "Latino" are those who classify themselves in one of the specific Hispanic or Latino categories listed on the Census 2000 or ACS questionnaire – "Mexican," "Puerto Rican," or "Cuban." It also includes people who indicate that they are "other Spanish, Hispanic, or Latino."

That is self select themselves as Hispanic...

You can quote the gov. No copyright.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Seal the border and then make hiring a illegal a big fine; they will get home the same way they came over time.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:32 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Everyone knows about the law but that don't make it right. Why didn't the fossils that passed this law assume responsibility for educating the illegals? They put the burden on the tax payers instead, like everything else...let the working people pay for it.
Is it not true that people that don't have children and don't want any are still paying for those that do have children in school?

Old 03-15-2008, 07:56 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
I was shocked to hear a staunch Democrat who works in my office and who is active in the party say that all illegal aliens should be given immunity as they have a right to be here and collect as many benefits as can be given to them, even if it means Americans will be denied those benefits. The senior executives tease him quite a bit and tell him he just hasn't worked long enough. I am just wondering, is this the straight Democrat line? If so, we're in trouble. I am truly hoping other states will follow the lead of Arizona and Oklahoma.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I was shocked to hear a staunch Democrat who works in my office and who is active in the party say that all illegal aliens should be given immunity as they have a right to be here and collect as many benefits as can be given to them, even if it means Americans will be denied those benefits. The senior executives tease him quite a bit and tell him he just hasn't worked long enough. I am just wondering, is this the straight Democrat line? If so, we're in trouble. I am truly hoping other states will follow the lead of Arizona and Oklahoma.
The only benefits received by illegals is public education and emergency medical care. If made legal they get the standard set of benefits of a legal alien. These are somewhat less than a citizen at least for the first few years. They approach a citizen after a while or when they become citizens.

There is no Democratic plan to change any of that. I would think the only thing likely in the next years might be an attempt to tighten up on legal immigrants. There is little you can do to illegals that is not already in effect. The benefits they get are pretty much constitutional or humanity driven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration