U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,998,488 times
Reputation: 332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
I CHOSE a person breaking into peoples houses over an illegal alien?? Apparently all dumbassed illegals think alike?? Apparently you think that illegals who are victims of crimes should have sanctuary from themselves being arrested from being here illegally when they report crimes? They should get "time out" from being arrested when they report a crime if they're found to be here illegally??

The illegals should expect to be deported upon being discovered here illegally. The burglar gets prosecuted for theft. If the burglar is also illegal he gets deported also. It's very simple.
REALLY uncalled for. You guys need to really take it easy on personal attacks, it makes you look like you are too ignorant to have an intelligent discussion, so you resort to name-calling and fall into emotional tantrums.


Anyways, this crime was a small one(at least because it happened to an illegal). But what if an illegal had been violently attacked, an illegal woman raped, or an illegal child molested?
Do you really want them to be afraid of reporting someone who is committing those crimes for fear of deportation?
Do you really want people committing those crimes to walk around without fear of being arrested because the victims are too scared to report it?

Maybe you don't care if those things happen to illegals, you probably even think they deserve it for being here without papers.

But anyone committing a crime like that, getting off scott free, can go on to commit the same crimes against Americans.

If the violent criminal is an American, he/she needs to go straight to jail where he/she can't hurt people, regardless of the victims' citizenship.
If the violent criminal is an illegal, we need to worry about getting that person out of the country asap, with a file on him/her for if he/she ever tries to come back.

Who are you more worried about getting rid of? An illegal committing vicious crimes, or an illegal who is a victim, and usually flies under the radar. Which, to you, is more of a danger ot the American public?

You can't say you'd get rid of both, because if the victim fears deportation, the victim isn't going to cooperate with law enforcement, while the violent criminal goes free hurting more people.

Let the cops worry about the violent criminals, let the INS or whatever its called today worry about finding the illegals.

Sanctuary policies were designed for cases like the above. But like The One has mentioned, it needs to be amended so that it doesn't protect gangbangers.
But done away with altogether? I don't think that's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2008, 11:07 AM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,659,923 times
Reputation: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Its just as likely, since it was in North Carolina, that it was a local thug.

In places like Georgia, where there isn't a huge Latino population, there were a lot of cases of Black criminals robbing illegals.
Wrong

Quote:
The 2008 Hispanic population for the state of Georgia is 770,816 and estimated to rise to 974,390 by 2012. (Selig Center for Economic Growth, Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia, May 2007)
Statistics (http://www.ghcc.org/Statistics.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2008, 11:20 AM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,998,488 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Wrong



Statistics (http://www.ghcc.org/Statistics.html - broken link)
Okay, so Latinos are like what? 7 percent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2008, 01:22 PM
 
307 posts, read 458,423 times
Reputation: 111
But that same logic can be applied to ALL criminals.

Should a man who has a warrant out for embezzling money not be arrested when he calls the police to report he was mugged?

Should a dope dealer not be arrested for the Drugs he has on him when the police and medics come because a gang banger put a "cap in his ***"?

Should a woman who has abducted her children NOT be arrested if the police find out who she is after she has called them when she is raped?

Should a wanted murderer not be arrested when he calls the police because his home was broken into?

Using your logic we should let all criminals go if they are victims of another crime.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Do you really want them to be afraid of reporting someone who is committing those crimes for fear of deportation?
Random

Last edited by RandomU; 09-23-2008 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
But that same logic can be applied to ALL criminals.

Should a man who has a warrant out for embezzling money not be arrested when he calls the police to report he was mugged?

Should a dope dealer not be arrested for the Drugs he has on him when the police and medics come because a gang banger put a "cap in his ***"?

Should a woman who has abducted her children NOT be arrested if the police find out who she is after she has called them when she is raped?

Should a wanted murderer not be arrested when he calls the police because his home was broken into?

Using your logic we should let all criminals go if they are victims of another crime.




Random
Great post.. I agree 100%. The irony is screaming. I violate your laws, abuse your hospitality, cheat your social systems and demand protection without threat of being arrested for my own crimes.LOL I love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2008, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,398,451 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
REALLY uncalled for. You guys need to really take it easy on personal attacks, it makes you look like you are too ignorant to have an intelligent discussion, so you resort to name-calling and fall into emotional tantrums.


Anyways, this crime was a small one(at least because it happened to an illegal). But what if an illegal had been violently attacked, an illegal woman raped, or an illegal child molested?
Do you really want them to be afraid of reporting someone who is committing those crimes for fear of deportation?
Do you really want people committing those crimes to walk around without fear of being arrested because the victims are too scared to report it?

Maybe you don't care if those things happen to illegals, you probably even think they deserve it for being here without papers.

But anyone committing a crime like that, getting off scott free, can go on to commit the same crimes against Americans.

If the violent criminal is an American, he/she needs to go straight to jail where he/she can't hurt people, regardless of the victims' citizenship.
If the violent criminal is an illegal, we need to worry about getting that person out of the country asap, with a file on him/her for if he/she ever tries to come back.

Who are you more worried about getting rid of? An illegal committing vicious crimes, or an illegal who is a victim, and usually flies under the radar. Which, to you, is more of a danger ot the American public?

You can't say you'd get rid of both, because if the victim fears deportation, the victim isn't going to cooperate with law enforcement, while the violent criminal goes free hurting more people.

Let the cops worry about the violent criminals, let the INS or whatever its called today worry about finding the illegals.

Sanctuary policies were designed for cases like the above. But like The One has mentioned, it needs to be amended so that it doesn't protect gangbangers.
But done away with altogether? I don't think that's a good thing.
Oh, because you say so, it's ignorant to call these illegal aliens "dumb asses" because they somehow, like you, think that they should have "time out" from their illegal status, long enough to report a crime against themselves. That's a personal attack huh?

When illegal aliens break into the US most are smart enough to realize that they'll be deported wherever and whenever they're apprehended. If the illegals are worried about crimes being committed against them, then DON'T BREAK IN. Or else, flock to a sanctuary city.

No matter what crime has been committed against an illegal alien, when it is determined that they are here illegally, then they MUST be deported upon being determined to be here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Earth
539 posts, read 1,851,001 times
Reputation: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Its just as likely, since it was in North Carolina, that it was a local thug.

In places like Georgia, where there isn't a huge Latino population, there were a lot of cases of Black criminals robbing illegals. They learned that the illegals didnt use banks, would stash their money in the flop houses, so Black robbers would stage house invasions.

Things like that were blamed for the presence of Latino gangs moving in. They found a profit in charging the illegals for protection.
Once MS-13 moves in, the house invasions and robberies of illegals probably weren't as common.
Where did you get your information? There isn't a huge Latino population in Georgia? Guess again. Not to mention there are quite a few illegals in that population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 06:05 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,901,302 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_mommy View Post
Where did you get your information? There isn't a huge Latino population in Georgia? Guess again. Not to mention there are quite a few illegals in that population.
Don't mind him, he just makes it up as he goes along. We all know that Georgia (as is practically every other state) is overrun with illegals from SOB.

Quote:
Quote:
March 8, 2005

Illegal Aliens Sinking Georgia
State Senator Speaks the Truth


Georgia State Senator
Chip Rogers

Lou Dobbs Tonight -- March 7
Chip Rogers: ...in the state of Georgia, back in 2002 we spent $231 million alone educating illegal aliens. That doesn't include the number of students who were here but whose parents are illegal. So the numbers are simply staggering. When you take a look at education, health care, incarceration, what's happening to our judicial system, environment, infrastructure problems. You add all that together, I think it's probably on the order of about a billion dollars a year that Georgia taxpayers having to pick up the tab for. I think anytime you're talking about a one billion dollar problem, I think it's something the legislature seriously has to look at.


This was in 2005. They must be drowning in them by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,212,130 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Its just as likely, since it was in North Carolina, that it was a local thug.

In places like Georgia, where there isn't a huge Latino population, there were a lot of cases of Black criminals robbing illegals. They learned that the illegals didnt use banks, would stash their money in the flop houses, so Black robbers would stage house invasions.

Things like that were blamed for the presence of Latino gangs moving in. They found a profit in charging the illegals for protection.
Once MS-13 moves in, the house invasions and robberies of illegals probably weren't as common.
Not to condone any of this, but to point out to you AGAIN, Black criminals are irrelevent to this thread and this forum. The main point is Illegal Immigrant in this country Illegally. If they hadn't came here illegaly they wouldn't have gotten robbed.
Case in Point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Northridge CA
74 posts, read 109,556 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Oh, because you say so, it's ignorant to call these illegal aliens "dumb asses" because they somehow, like you, think that they should have "time out" from their illegal status, long enough to report a crime against themselves. That's a personal attack huh?

When illegal aliens break into the US most are smart enough to realize that they'll be deported wherever and whenever they're apprehended. If the illegals are worried about crimes being committed against them, then DON'T BREAK IN. Or else, flock to a sanctuary city.

No matter what crime has been committed against an illegal alien, when it is determined that they are here illegally, then they MUST be deported upon being determined to be here illegally.
Take this from someone on your side man. Calling people "dumb asses" and insulting others that are also pretty close to your side is not going to get us anywhere.
I'm sorry to have to say this but it is people like you that make our cause look more and more like the KKK's or the Nazi's.

I understand that Illegal immigration is destroying our country from the inside out, but you cannot assume that just because an person is an illegal immigrant that they are "dumb asses". Because if you say that and we find one illegal immigrant smarter than you.... what would that make you?

No one is better or above anyone else. We are just the lucky ones to be in this country, and because so we have to defend it from every and any threat. Illegal immigration being one. We can do this by intelligently and respectfully getting our point across and opening the eyes of the nation.

This is getting too long.
I don't hate the people who are illegal immigrants, many of them could be very fun, friendly and smart people.
I hate what their decisions and actions do to the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top