U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Northridge CA
74 posts, read 109,467 times
Reputation: 38

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Don't mind him, he just makes it up as he goes along. We all know that Georgia (as is practically every other state) is overrun with illegals from SOB.

[i][color=#000099]

This was in 2005. They must be drowning in them by now.
WOW!
just wow....
Once again you bring some more great statistics to support our cause.
Let the other side bring forth ONE statistic that proves illegal immigrants to be an asset and not a sickness to our country. I dare them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:25 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_mommy View Post
Where did you get your information? There isn't a huge Latino population in Georgia? Guess again. Not to mention there are quite a few illegals in that population.
7 percent Latino? Okay.
Theres a Latino population, but is 7 percent considered "huge"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2008, 05:22 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalosalcedo09 View Post
WOW!
just wow....
Once again you bring some more great statistics to support our cause.
Let the other side bring forth ONE statistic that proves illegal immigrants to be an asset and not a sickness to our country. I dare them!
Thanks so much. As for the counter argument, don't hold your breath waiting for anything of substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2008, 12:50 PM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,772,010 times
Reputation: 4446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalosalcedo09 View Post
Take this from someone on your side man. Calling people "dumb asses" and insulting others that are also pretty close to your side is not going to get us anywhere.
I'm sorry to have to say this but it is people like you that make our cause look more and more like the KKK's or the Nazi's.

I understand that Illegal immigration is destroying our country from the inside out, but you cannot assume that just because an person is an illegal immigrant that they are "dumb asses". Because if you say that and we find one illegal immigrant smarter than you.... what would that make you?

No one is better or above anyone else. We are just the lucky ones to be in this country, and because so we have to defend it from every and any threat. Illegal immigration being one. We can do this by intelligently and respectfully getting our point across and opening the eyes of the nation.

This is getting too long.
I don't hate the people who are illegal immigrants, many of them could be very fun, friendly and smart people.
I hate what their decisions and actions do to the country.

it wasn't just an act of luck that made america great. it was a lot of good people building this country up and obeying its laws that made it great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2008, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Earth
539 posts, read 1,850,107 times
Reputation: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
7 percent Latino? Okay.
Theres a Latino population, but is 7 percent considered "huge"?
I never said that the population is 7%. If they are illegal then how do we know what the percentage is? I lived in Chula Vista. I know what a huge latino population is and believe me there is a huge latino population in GA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2008, 05:15 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_mommy View Post
I never said that the population is 7%. If they are illegal then how do we know what the percentage is? I lived in Chula Vista. I know what a huge latino population is and believe me there is a huge latino population in GA.
I'll take your word for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Northridge CA
74 posts, read 109,467 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it wasn't just an act of luck that made america great. it was a lot of good people building this country up and obeying its laws that made it great.
I didnt mean that America was just a random stroke of luck, what i meant was that we are lucky to be in this country, and not have been born in a poor country, and for that reason we have to protect and defend this country that has given us great lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalosalcedo09 View Post
I didnt mean that America was just a random stroke of luck, what i meant was that we are lucky to be in this country, and not have been born in a poor country, and for that reason we have to protect and defend this country that has given us great lives.
Or be lucky to be born in a poor country then immigrate to the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Northridge CA
74 posts, read 109,467 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Or be lucky to be born in a poor country then immigrate to the US.
Yup! like me!
Immigrate legaly that is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2008, 09:04 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalosalcedo09 View Post
Yup! like me!
Immigrate legaly that is
I'd rep you for this if I hadn't already repped you tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top