U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:25 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I can attest to the fact that police DO ask for ID. Each time my home alarm has sounded and the police responded, they have asked for my ID -- even when it was at 2 A.M. and I was in my pajamas. They cannot assume you are the homeowner simply because you are on the premises. It's not rocket science, nor is it racial profiling.
And I would think any homeowner with common sense would be thankful the police do that. I know I would rather have to show ID then have someone break in my home when I am on vacation and the police not id the burgular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
And I would think any homeowner with common sense would be thankful the police do that. I know I would rather have to show ID then have someone break in my home when I am on vacation and the police not id the burgular.
Agreed. I feel the same when asked for ID when using a credit card. Unfortunately, few ask for ID, which allows thieves to easily use stolen cards.

My mom asked me to shop for her and gave me her Visa card containing her picture. She also gave me her driver's license. Clearly, that photo was not me. In spite of my mom being older and much lighter, not one clerk questioned the card or asked for ID.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. I feel the same when asked for ID when using a credit card. Unfortunately, few ask for ID, which allows thieves to easily use stolen cards.

My mom asked me to shop for her and gave me her Visa card containing her picture. She also gave me her driver's license. Clearly, that photo was not me. In spite of my mom being older and much lighter, not one clerk questioned the card or asked for ID.
Here's a tip I learned long ago: Never sign the back of your credit cards. In lieu of your signature in that space print: PLEASE REQUEST ID instead of merely looking to see if the card has been signed. It forces the merchant to ask for at least 2 forms of ID. I began doing this 10 years ago when someone in Texas decided I would make a great candidate for identity theft.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:45 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Here's a tip I learned long ago: Never sign the back of your credit cards. In lieu of your signature in that space print: PLEASE REQUEST ID instead of merely looking to see if the card has been signed. It forces the merchant to ask for at least 2 forms of ID. I began doing this 10 years ago when someone in Texas decided I would make a great candidate for identity theft.
That's great info. Thanks!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
I began doing this 10 years ago when someone in Texas decided I would make a great candidate for identity theft.
Sorry to learn of your ID Theft, JDubsMom.

Thankfully, I have never been "hit" but I feel very strongly that all Illegal Lovers, including the Scumbag Pandering Politicians should be forced to endure a round of ID Theft in order to appreciate the grief and frustration involved.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sorry to learn of your ID Theft, JDubsMom.

Thankfully, I have never been "hit" but I feel very strongly that all Illegal Lovers, including the Scumbag Pandering Politicians should be forced to endure a round of ID Theft in order to appreciate the grief and frustration involved.

Whomever it was tried but failed miserably. The idiot gave all of my correct personal information but requested that the credit cards be sent to a different location. The credit card companies called me to verify the applications, even though I already had their card. Fortunately, I have had a fraud alert on my credit report for more than 15 years now. That is what alerted them. The representative told me that it doesn't matter if you already have 1 of their cards, if you have excellent credit they will gladly issue another card in your name. The next day I received 5 more calls from several other credit card companies and a cell phone company. This thief was going for the gold . . literally and figuratively.

The permanent fraud alert is what saved me.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:05 PM

11,456 posts, read 8,133,032 times
Besides, when the cops fill out a report, what are they going to put for "Victim"? Are they going to put Victim: some guy at the address- identity unknown. Does that seem right?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Hey dipwad, you've OBVIOUSLY never been the victim of a crime, or you would KNOW that when the police write up their reports they're GOING to verify ID. It's SOP, and for you to try and make a Federal case out of it only shows the lengths you're willing to go to try and justify your precious illegal aliens. Get a clue, the police verify identity on EVERYONE they come in contact with, unless their idiot boss has his own 'Special Order 40'!
Nonsense. I have filed three crime reports including one involving an armed suspicious individual that got the neighborhood searched. They were filed in three different states. I have never been asked to provide ID. You are deluisional.

Nothing to do with aliens - legal or illegal. That is your fixation not mine.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:

US Post Office has a posted rule that they will not accept any credit card not signed. I have no idea whether it is enforced or not but they are obviously not going to ask for two forms of ID.

Always wondered why they had that strange rule. Now I know.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:43 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
Based on the "law" that he is Mexican and police thus ask for ID but if he was not Mexican they wouldn't bother.

What a disgusting police dept they should be investigated .
On 2 seperate occasions I called the police tocome tomy home. Both times they asked formy ID to verify I was in fact who I said I was. Thats good police work.
The illegal in question deserves deportation. LOL The criminal is offended that he was busted because he called the police to complain about other criminals. Can you not see the Irony?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or