Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:08 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
When the cop starts writing, he starts asking, UNLESS you live in a sanctuary city. I don't know WHAT a cop would do in a zoo like that.
They ask your info when theyre making a report, but they don't start asking for ID or anything like that. Unless probably if youre getting arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 08:50 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Law abiding??? The man gave FAKE ID to the police, what the HELL is 'law abiding' about THAT?

Are you REALLY so clueless, or are you trying to get people banned when they justifiably RIDICULE your naivete?

Guy, I think you have hit the nail squarely with your final comment.

One must be careful to not call names

Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
They ask your info when theyre making a report, but they don't start asking for ID or anything like that. Unless probably if youre getting arrested.
Yep AMC, we would always ask a vic for proper ID because you would be amazed at the people who try to file false reports on others.

And yes I have caught people using bad Id's before. Here in Okie land that is a felony................

Hope that helps a little

Old 09-23-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
This is typical of so called law enforcement that a hard working law abiding worker is a victim of a criminal only to than be victimized again by police.

I hope someone can sue the town be it ACLU or another noble organization who fights for the people.
Sorry Meha but no cigar this time........or lawsuit either

Old 09-23-2008, 09:26 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Sorry Meha but no cigar this time........or lawsuit either
That's "mi hija", I believe...and as for the cigar? Maybe. But with the ACLU involved, don't count on "no lawsuit"....

Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Yep AMC, we would always ask a vic for proper ID because you would be amazed at the people who try to file false reports on others.

And yes I have caught people using bad Id's before. Here in Okie land that is a felony................

Hope that helps a little
Wasn't my experience earlier this year, but Im sure theres a few differences between OK and CA.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Wasn't my experience earlier this year, but Im sure theres a few differences between OK and CA.
Yep, you got to keep all the dumb Okies

regarding the other. if they didnt ask for your Id they wernt doing their job properly...............you would be surprised the number of times we (I) have found warrants on vics.............happens all the time.....If I was you I would turn in a complaint on that copper for inattention and probably violated several department policies................

Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Yep, you got to keep all the dumb Okies

regarding the other. if they didnt ask for your Id they wernt doing their job properly...............you would be surprised the number of times we (I) have found warrants on vics.............happens all the time.....If I was you I would turn in a complaint on that copper for inattention and probably violated several department policies................
Good advice. As I said earlier the police where I live PA always ask for ID unless they also happen to know you in which case whats the point. Small town you know.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:05 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times
Law enforcement asks for identification from all victims, whether they're citizens of this country or not. Geesh

Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Law enforcement asks for identification from all victims, whether they're citizens of this country or not. Geesh

And the USSC said the victim is not required to give it to you. Just his or her name and then only if you have reasonable suspicions that they were involved in a crime.

And, unless you wish to violate the constitution, there is not a thing you can do about it.

Now tell us how you would run them right in violating the costitution...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration