U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times

Advertisements

FORKS, WA — The fate of a 16-year-old Forks resident who was detained by Border Patrol agents late last month has been decided, while reports of new detentions surface.

Carlos Bernabe, 16, will willingly return to Mexico to be with his family, Forks Mayor Nedra Reed said.

"We have been working on Carlos' issues all week," Reed said late last week.

"All of his remaining family have returned to Mexico.

"I spoke to Immigration, and he is being held in a facility in Seattle, and we are trying to get in touch with his father and uncle so they know where to meet him.

"He will be flown back to Mexico on a voluntary return."

Reed became aware that the boy was in federal detention in the Seattle area about two weeks ago.

He could have been released to a relative, Reed said, but his stepmother would not pick him up because she was an illegal immigrant.

She returned to Mexico, where the teen's father is, "out of fear," Reed said.

Reed said she knew several people who would have taken care of the boy, but that it was decided that he should be with his family.

"Although there are wonderful people in Forks who would take care and raise him, it was determined that he would be best off with his family, and he should be home with his parents by the weekend," Reed said.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20080907/NEWS/809070304

Wow, I wonder if the step "mother" would have picked up the kid if he were hers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
What a happy ending. Family reunification certainly can happen in Mexico.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:23 AM

394 posts, read 897,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
FORKS, WA — The fate of a 16-year-old Forks resident who was detained by Border Patrol agents late last month has been decided, while reports of new detentions surface.

Carlos Bernabe, 16, will willingly return to Mexico to be with his family, Forks Mayor Nedra Reed said.

"We have been working on Carlos' issues all week," Reed said late last week.

"All of his remaining family have returned to Mexico.

"I spoke to Immigration, and he is being held in a facility in Seattle, and we are trying to get in touch with his father and uncle so they know where to meet him.

"He will be flown back to Mexico on a voluntary return."

Reed became aware that the boy was in federal detention in the Seattle area about two weeks ago.

He could have been released to a relative, Reed said, but his stepmother would not pick him up because she was an illegal immigrant.

She returned to Mexico, where the teen's father is, "out of fear," Reed said.

Reed said she knew several people who would have taken care of the boy, but that it was decided that he should be with his family.

"Although there are wonderful people in Forks who would take care and raise him, it was determined that he would be best off with his family, and he should be home with his parents by the weekend," Reed said.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20080907/NEWS/809070304

Wow, I wonder if the step "mother" would have picked up the kid if he were hers?
wow, what a touching story. i'd like to see another "12 million" [more like 30 million] stories just like it.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,314,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
wow, what a touching story. i'd like to see another "12 million" [more like 30 million] stories just like it.
Agreed and hopefully Bianca will join them.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 AM

32,924 posts, read 30,173,166 times
I'll chip in for the ticket.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:26 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Agreed and hopefully Bianca will join them.
I can think of a few more who post here who should join her.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,133 times
Default geez do you know real fear?

I am now living in the berabe home, I used to know them did you know stepmom has a baby about 6-7months old would you risk losing your baby? when you know full well the immigration police just might knock on YOUR door.Anyway I say GO border patrol GO!!arrest arrest those illegal aliens they are stealing our homes and jobs they cant come in legally then kick their bums out, we have childeern to raise too. And by the way the benabes are doing great they just built a small home in mexico dads got a job and carlos is now back here in forks safe as of a couple days ago

Old 01-21-2009, 12:29 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohana9 View Post
I am now living in the berabe home, I used to know them did you know stepmom has a baby about 6-7months old would you risk losing your baby? when you know full well the immigration police just might knock on YOUR door.Anyway I say GO border patrol GO!!arrest arrest those illegal aliens they are stealing our homes and jobs they cant come in legally then kick their bums out, we have childeern to raise too. And by the way the benabes are doing great they just built a small home in mexico dads got a job and carlos is now back here in forks safe as of a couple days ago
If your story is true, and the family is doing "great" in Mexico; why wouldn’t they want their son to remain with them? This is simply another illustration of the rampant squandering of taxpayers’ money, and the scams illegal aliens routinely perpetrate.

In good faith, this boy was safely returned to his family. They didn’t drop him off at the border and tell him to fend for himself. They flew him home, courtesy of U.S. taxpayers. He obviously had no appreciation for the kindness he received; and promptly, and in violation of our immigration laws, returned to his illegal alien lifestyle in this country.

Most likely, he’s receiving a tax-funded education. Heck, he may even be receiving tax-funded health benefits. He’ll later whine about not being treated fairly, or not being given in-state tuition due to his immigration status. Yet, you can’t understand why citizens of this country are fed up.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:44 PM

163 posts, read 203,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohana9 View Post
carlos is now back here in forks safe as of a couple days ago
Well now that we know he is back in the states illegally the authorities can pick him up again, he shouldn't be too hard to find in Forks, WA right? And this time they should just drop him off at the border. Anyone know the number to call to report him?

Since he was deported once and snuck back in, isn't he a felon now?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:40 PM

200 posts, read 299,831 times
This story makes me feel all fuzzy inside. It's nice for the Federal government to be a free air taxie service to illegal aliens. I wonder who pays the bills?

ICE: US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

ICE: Report suspicious activity 1-866-DHS-2-ICE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or