U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
The vendido says, "Well, if you SAY so..."
So does the trollop, dipwad, illegal, etc etc.
You guys are playing the victim pretty good.

Show respect to get it Guy.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:25 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
So does the trollop, dipwad, illegal, etc etc.
You guys are playing the victim pretty good.

Show respect to get it Guy.
I don't CARE! Never have, never will! I was just correcting a post from someone else that said YOU didn't engage in name-calling. NOT a factual statement, is it?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I don't CARE! Never have, never will! I was just correcting a post from someone else that said YOU didn't engage in name-calling. NOT a factual statement, is it?
I try to be civil until someone crosses the line. You live on the other side of the line.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
I try to be civil until someone crosses the line. You live on the other side of the line.
I try to be civil until someone repeatedly insults my intelligence. You THRIVE on that behavior.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I try to be civil until someone repeatedly insults my intelligence. You THRIVE on that behavior.
By insulting your intelligence, you mean saying their own opinion?
Ive seen you attack people who werent even talking to you!

They could be saying whatever it is they believe in a completely civil way, and you pop up launching insults at them for it, showing that trademark bitterness.

I've reported it directly to admin., because youve taken it too far countless times, as has JDubsmom.

People have been banned for much less.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Perhaps there's a subtle message here for ALL of us. Mention has been made of being civil "until someone crosses the line" Interesting. In fact, most of the anger on this forum seems to be directed at those folks who HAVE "crossed a line"...one that they had no authorization to cross. OTHER folks take exception to this, and they sometimes "cross" another type of line....and THAT makes OTHER folks (those who favor the ORIGINAL line-crossers) mad, and they accuse people of "crossing the line".

My psychologist will be VERY interested in this. Line-crossers accusing others of crossing lines...it CAN get complicated. Perhaps there's a message here, and some people are reaching their "LIMIT".

Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Perhaps there's a subtle message here for ALL of us. Mention has been made of being civil "until someone crosses the line" Interesting. In fact, most of the anger on this forum seems to be directed at those folks who HAVE "crossed a line"...one that they had no authorization to cross. OTHER folks take exception to this, and they sometimes "cross" another type of line....and THAT makes OTHER folks (those who favor the ORIGINAL line-crossers) mad, and they accuse people of "crossing the line".

My psychologist will be VERY interested in this. Line-crossers accusing others of crossing lines...it CAN get complicated. Perhaps there's a message here, and some people are reaching their "LIMIT".
Oops. Forgot the golden rule!

Never give Macmeal an opportunity for wordplay!
He has an uncanny ability to sniff out a post that gives him the chance to make a sarcastic anecdote that has little or no substance as far as the coversation.

It makes easily amused anti-illegals spray liquids all over thier keyboards, at least thats what I hear.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Oops. Forgot the golden rule!

Never give Macmeal an opportunity for wordplay!
He has an uncanny ability to sniff out a post that gives him the chance to make a sarcastic anecdote that has little or no substance as far as the coversation.

It makes easily amused anti-illegals spray liquids all over thier keyboards, at least thats what I hear.
Damn AMC that was just way to graghic. LOL
I must say to be fair that AMC has never shown me disrespect, although we tend to be on opposite sides of this immigration issue amc has been nothing but civil with me.
Many have crossed the line on both sides. Some attempt to disguise it better than other. Calling americans lazy and over paid no matter how you word it is crossing the line. This is not a line AMC has crossed. Bianca and sassy however???
Bianca loves to spew the we owe dogma. This too is crossing the line. It would imply that all americans are guilty of facilitating illegal immigrants. Sorry but no most of us not only do not faciltate but are extremely anti-illegal.
Its a hot topic and passions can run deep. I hear what AMC is saying. Don't lable every hispanic a scumbag because of the actions of the minority... I feel the same when someone claims whites are racists, ignorant, lazy, uneducated, over paid etc. Its not difficult to be civil, that is until someone makes it personal.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Damn AMC that was just way to graghic. LOL
I must say to be fair that AMC has never shown me disrespect, although we tend to be on opposite sides of this immigration issue amc has been nothing but civil with me.
Many have crossed the line on both sides. Some attempt to disguise it better than other. Calling americans lazy and over paid no matter how you word it is crossing the line. This is not a line AMC has crossed. Bianca and sassy however???
Bianca loves to spew the we owe dogma. This too is crossing the line. It would imply that all americans are guilty of facilitating illegal immigrants. Sorry but no most of us not only do not faciltate but are extremely anti-illegal.
Its a hot topic and passions can run deep. I hear what AMC is saying. Don't lable every hispanic a scumbag because of the actions of the minority... I feel the same when someone claims whites are racists, ignorant, lazy, uneducated, over paid etc. Its not difficult to be civil, that is until someone makes it personal.
I tend to agree with you as well...................as many of you know: my greatest fear is that stereotypical Latino looking people of any race/ethnicity may be hurt due to the insolent 'you owe me' mentality of the illegal cohort-----------most of whom are indeed Hispanic.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I tend to agree with you as well...................as many of you know: my greatest fear is that stereotypical Latino looking people of any race/ethnicity may be hurt due to the insolent 'you owe me' mentality of the illegal cohort-----------most of whom are indeed Hispanic.
I'll come out and say it. Just about when I start feeling sorry for illegals Bianca will post something like we owe them for all the hard work illegals have done building this country. Its the pro-illegals that are driving home the wedge. At least as it relates to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or