Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:15 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

Television news host Geraldo Rivera on Thursday asked Birmingham business leaders to join him in urging President Bush to pardon the approximately 12 million immigrants living illegally in the country.

"Call off these raids and pardon these people, then go forward and help to heal the inequities and the other bureaucratic problems and irregularities with the immigration system," Rivera said.

Rivera, host of "Geraldo at Large" on Fox News Channel, told an audience of about 350 people at the Hispanic Business Council's annual breakfast that Bush should halt raids on plants employing illegal immigrants and issue the pardons in his last few months in office. Granting illegal immigrants some form of documentation would make them feel safer to report crimes, he said.

"I'm not saying even give them a path to citizenship - let the Congress work that problem out. Let the people of the United States voice their opinions on that," Rivera said, speaking at The Harbert Center downtown. "But for God's sake, do what you attempted to do in 2007 with your reform legislation."

U.S. immigration policy has been racist nearly from the beginning, he said, and there has never been a legal way for a large number of Mexicans to become U.S. citizens. Rivera also said he is distressed by the racist rhetoric of the immigration debate and accused members of the media, including rival network CNN's Lou Dobbs, of spreading misinformation about immigrants.

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/metro.ssf?/base/news/1221812142308200.xml&coll=2

"Gerald" needs to shut up and educate himself on this issue instead of trotting out the over zealously used race card in lieu of any substantial defense of why America hates this invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 04:21 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
"Gerald" needs to shut up and educate himself on this issue instead of trotting out the over zealously used race card in lieu of any substantial defense of why America hates this invasion.
I could not agree more, JDubsMom

Geraldo is supposed to be a Investigative News Reporter . . . nothing more and nothing less, NOT A MEDIA HO.

Whatever happened to UNBIASED NEWS?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:27 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Geraldo is supposed to be a Investigative News Reporter . . . nothing more and nothing less, NOT A MEDIA HO.

It died along with our sovereignty.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:32 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

When has Geraldo ever been unbiased? This is who he is...

Geraldo is not worried about what people think. He is worried about his pay check and ratings...So asking him to shut up is pointless...

You must have a remote...use it...

Old 09-19-2008, 04:36 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
IF the US pardons illegals this second time, a very wrong message will be sent and you will see a huge increase in illegals coming over.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:42 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
When Geraldo opened Al Capone's safe, some quick thinking individual should have shoved him in and locked the door.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:43 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Geraldo's act of " Me and my Illegal kin are so much better than you" is nothing new. He's been Pro-Illegal for years.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:27 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
I was not sure what I thought about Geraldo for awhile, but he has now proven himself for those more needy.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I was not sure what I thought about Geraldo for awhile, but he has now proven himself for those more needy.
Is that "For" or "Against"??

Old 09-19-2008, 05:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Is that "For" or "Against"??
I think she means the needy American citizens. You know, the former middle class who will be living in cardboard shacks under viaducts once all the illegals with 5th grade educations are given amnesty and need to be supported.
By the way.............I've got dibs on that heating grate near the Sheraton loading dock on Lower Wacker Drive. So don't even think about living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration