U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:59 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so you dont read reputable sources like the LA times?
Since WHEN has the LA Times, a left-wing, illegal-loving, fish-wrap been anything CLOSE to reputable??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Since WHEN has the LA Times, a left-wing, illegal-loving, fish-wrap been anything CLOSE to reputable??
Thank you.

Now: if the LA Times prints an article that may 'smell' of being anti illegal immigration----------then I stand up and take notice.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:13 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
They are to the illegal lovers out there.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
World Net Daily is?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
World Net Daily is?
At least one can verify THEIR sources...

Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
At least one can verify THEIR sources...
The LA Times may have leanings, but World Net Daily and all the other anti-illegal sites you guys cite frequently are straight out biased.

I don't read journalism with an agenda, unless it presents itself as an opinion peace.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:11 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
California Immigrants dont erode cohesion!!!!

they seek to blend in...

U.S. census survey finds more of California's immigrants are joining the mainstream - Los Angeles Times

"But bucking perceptions that high levels of immigration are jeopardizing national cohesion, the data showed that today's immigrants, like those before them, are embracing an American identity. In Los Angeles County, for instance, the proportion of native Spanish speakers fluent in English increased to 51.4% in 2007 from 44.6% in 2000. The share of naturalized citizens among the foreign-born grew to 43.3% from 38% over that time."
It is nice to read something positive about the immigrants, thank you!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:19 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
pleae show me data supporting your claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
From YOUR article

Steven Camarota of the Center for Immigration Studies, a conservative think tank based in Washington, D.C., said that declining numbers of illegal immigrants could be another reason to explain the higher levels of English fluency and citizenship. His center estimates that 1 million illegal immigrants, or nearly 10% of the total, left the country between August 2007 and May 2008 amid a declining economy and heightened enforcement against illegal immigration.

Because illegal immigrants have lower rates of education and income than legal ones, he said, their departure may have helped boost the proportion of Americanized immigrants.

May have? A blind person could cover that line.
another explanation, and more sound would be:

The changing nature of California immigrants is one major factor behind the increased assimilation, according to policy experts. There are fewer new immigrants here, as higher living costs have driven more of them to other states; those who remain have been here longer, presumably speak better English and have had time to qualify for U.S. citizenship, according to Michael Fix, vice president of the Migration Policy Institute in Washington, D.C.

this is actually supported by numbers.

that camarota guy speaks nationally, these people in the article focus on cali. thats what we are talkin about.

you have to compare state data to state data.

either way, my guess is that being here longer helps imigrants assimilate. makes sense. that and their determination.

its disresepctful to immigrants who do make the effort to assimilate to say their supposed assimilation is because of a numbers game some guy wants to play.

why cant it be that they are seeking to be just like you and me?
why cant you guve them that much?

trully sad on your part guys.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:44 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,335,346 times
You ask why it can't be that we accept they are seeking to be just like you and me, and asked why we can't give them that much. The answer is because they are not. They are seeking, demanding to step over Americans and get what Americans cannot get--everything for free. Go back through and read the messages of people posting comments and videos of (1) an illegal immigrant mom laying in a hospital bed wondering why Americans are so upset at paying bills for her new baby (for her free car seat, for her free formula, for her free food, for her free home) when other AMERICAN mothers can't get that, (2) the hospital representative talking about how they are spending millions, not thousands, millions giving free medical care to illegals, and last but not least (3) the message from the young man who went to Mexico to help people there and they wanted none of it except for the young man to tell them or help them get into America to get free money, housing.

How can you ask me to respect that. They don't want to be like me. If they did, if they worked their own way, paid their own way, didn't kill more Americans than the war in Iraq (see my prior messages for that link), didn't fly the American flag upside down, or their country's flag over the American flag (see prior videos about that one too), didn't insist on everything, beat up our American reporters during their "peaceful" rallies. . . .

Actually, I'm going to stop there. Don't ask me to accept people who really just want to put their feet on the throats of Americans and take American's children's future. Don't ask me to accept people whose only desire is to ruin my children's lives. Personally, I think you should apologize for even considering asking these questions, and Bianca, if he/she/it is a real person, should apologize to all Americans for her/his/it's utterly riduculous statements about taking the fruit of America. There is no "fruit" of "America." It's American workers killing themselves to provide for their children's future.

You think I should be taking this out on the government and the employers?--don't worry, they're hearing from me too.

Quote:

why cant it be that they are seeking to be just like you and me?
why cant you guve them that much?

trully sad on your part guys.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You ask why it can't be that we accept they are seeking to be just like you and me, and asked why we can't give them that much. The answer is because they are not. They are seeking, demanding to step over Americans and get what Americans cannot get--everything for free. Go back through and read the messages of people posting comments and videos of (1) an illegal immigrant mom laying in a hospital bed wondering why Americans are so upset at paying bills for her new baby (for her free car seat, for her free formula, for her free food, for her free home) when other AMERICAN mothers can't get that, (2) the hospital representative talking about how they are spending millions, not thousands, millions giving free medical care to illegals, and last but not least (3) the message from the young man who went to Mexico to help people there and they wanted none of it except for the young man to tell them or help them get into America to get free money, housing.

How can you ask me to respect that. They don't want to be like me. If they did, if they worked their own way, paid their own way, didn't kill more Americans than the war in Iraq (see my prior messages for that link), didn't fly the American flag upside down, or their country's flag over the American flag (see prior videos about that one too), didn't insist on everything, beat up our American reporters during their "peaceful" rallies. . . .

Actually, I'm going to stop there. Don't ask me to accept people who really just want to put their feet on the throats of Americans and take American's children's future. Don't ask me to accept people whose only desire is to ruin my children's lives. Personally, I think you should apologize for even considering asking these questions, and Bianca, if he/she/it is a real person, should apologize to all Americans for her/his/it's utterly riduculous statements about taking the fruit of America. There is no "fruit" of "America." It's American workers killing themselves to provide for their children's future.

You think I should be taking this out on the government and the employers?--don't worry, they're hearing from me too.
THANK YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or