U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:12 PM

3,208 posts, read 2,867,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
We will see who wins the great Fed gvmt or the local state gvmts .
Actually, the voice of the American people will be the deciding factor here! And that decision has already been made. The people have spoken with a nearly unanimous NO! to amnesty! And see, since the people are what make this country what it is, in the end our government has to listen to us. Sure, they may try to get around us here and there but at the end of the day if we say the illegals must go, then they will go! So there is no need to wait and see who wins, the victory already belongs to the American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 PM

164 posts, read 227,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Actually, the voice of the American people will be the deciding factor here! And that decision has already been made. The people have spoken with a nearly unanimous NO! to amnesty! And see, since the people are what make this country what it is, in the end our government has to listen to us. Sure, they may try to get around us here and there but at the end of the day if we say the illegals must go, then they will go! So there is no need to wait and see who wins, the victory already belongs to the American citizens.

I disagree changes are coming and many citizens want amnesty and they vote and they make sure they are heard.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:25 PM

9,309 posts, read 25,674,204 times
Absolutely no surprises with this distorted decision.

Unfortunately, most of the Leaders of the State of New Mexico have always been Pro-Illegal right up to and including the Mega-Pandering Governor, Bill Richardson.

This is the same Bill Richardson that did the ultimate Flip-Flop when he snubbed his nose at his long time friends, The Clintons, and jumped on the Obama Bandwagon a few month ago.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:58 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,600 times
Quote:
I disagree changes are coming and many citizens want amnesty and they vote and they make sure they are heard.
There is no accounting for being uneducated and/or ignorant.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:44 PM

32,817 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Quote:
The Fed gvmt disagrees with you and in few months Fed judges and politicians will teach the states who is in charge lol.
The states have been getting to cocky they are in for a rude awakening. They must be put back in their place and ICE will be disbanded .

Yo bartendar,

I'll have what she's drinkin

Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,175,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I agree....and there are no such thing as rapists...only "guys who have trouble smooth-talking women", and act a little more 'clumsy' than most fellows.
I agree. There aren't any armed robbers, either, just needy people who haven't learned how to 'ask nicely' or 'take NO for an answer'.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM

32,817 posts, read 30,061,070 times
What usually happens is there is some nitpick thing that needs ironed out like HB1804 and they fix it and move on.

Round em up.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 PM

17,281 posts, read 24,972,811 times
Quote:
Thee is no such thing as illegal aliens as you put it only undocumented workers .

Only undocumented workers, huh?

I suppose the children are "undocumented workers" too, huh?

I suppose those who have no intention of working while over here are "undocumented workers," huh?

No. ILLEGAL ALIEN works just fine to describe what they are, thank you.

If they have a job, I'll call them ILLEGAL WORKERS.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 PM

52 posts, read 70,731 times
Quote:
This is very good news as the state has over stepped its boundaries and it is time the Fed gvmt stop them in their tracks.

I think changes for the best are coming . Local nilly willy state goverments have had their way for to long. They must,will be stopped.
We have had one civil war if the feds keep over steeping the states
civil war part 2 may just happen the american's are fed up.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:05 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,143,345 times
Unreal! They are in this country ILLEGALLY! I have no problem with immigration and anyone coming to this country. Heck, that is exactly what this country was founded on, but do it the correct way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or