U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet, the same people whining about "injustices" are themselves racist against blacks. They conveniently mention blacks in an attempt to legitimize their illegal agendas. There is no comparison between the plight of Black Americans, who have a legal right to live in this country, and illegal alien interlopers.

As a black person, I am sick of illegal aliens and their apologists juxtaposing black “civil rights” with illegal alien “rights” in an attempt to garner support for illegal immigration.
You could not be more off base. I'm not talking about "rights" I'm talking about taking a group of people and another group considering them less than the group that feels no one can measure up to themselves. There was a time when a "group" of people were not wanted in neighborhoods, made the value of the homes go down. We are now hearing the same thing said about illegal/legal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:29 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You could not be more off base. I'm not talking about "rights" I'm talking about taking a group of people and another group considering them less than the group that feels no one can measure up to themselves. There was a time when a "group" of people were not wanted in neighborhoods, made the value of the homes go down. We are now hearing the same thing said about illegal/legal immigrants.
You are still comparing the legitimate rights of legal citizens, with those of illegal aliens. It is an affront to all who fought and died for equal rights for blacks.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:44 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
You are still comparing the legitimate rights of legal citizens, with those of illegal aliens. It is an affront to all who fought and died for equal rights for blacks.
If you are discussing illegal that is one thing, but when you go out of your way to trash and make fun of them, you have lost the battle.
There is no reason to make fun of them and how they live. We have Hispanics on this forum that you are insulting and saying ugly things about their people. It would not fly if it were done to a Black person now would it?

Old 09-24-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
If you are discussing illegal that is one thing, but when you go out of your way to trash and make fun of them, you have lost the battle.
There is no reason to make fun of them and how they live. We have Hispanics on this forum that you are insulting and saying ugly things about their people. It would not fly if it were done to a Black person now would it?
Either produce a post where I have trashed illegals or Hispanics, or I will await an apology. You are waaaaay out of line.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:19 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
this isnt about compariong black and brown. its about how both groups are subject to racial profiling.
it does not matter who got here first. or how they got here. what should matter is that people are being pulled over by cops, who dont write reports of the incident, for no other reason than the color of their skin.

its that simple. why yall dont see that is pretty perplexing.

it sounds like you guys are saying its ok to profile latinos but not blacks cuz they were drug here...

pretty scary.

Quote:
Yet, the same people whining about "injustices" are themselves racist against blacks. They conveniently mention blacks in an attempt to legitimize their illegal agendas. There is no comparison between the plight of Black Americans, who have a legal right to live in this country, and illegal alien interlopers.

As a black person, I am sick of illegal aliens and their apologists juxtaposing black “civil rights” with illegal alien “rights” in an attempt to garner support for illegal immigration.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this isnt about compariong black and brown. its about how both groups are subject to racial profiling.
it does not matter who got here first. or how they got here. what should matter is that people are being pulled over by cops, who dont write reports of the incident, for no other reason than the color of their skin.

it sounds like you guys are saying its ok to profile latinos but not blacks cuz they were drug here...

pretty scary.
For the record: the woman who was allegedly profiled was an Anglo--------a brown skinned White woman.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
For the record: the woman who was allegedly profiled was an Anglo--------a brown skinned White woman.
yes i am well aware of that. she said she was of italian descent.

but how does that change the fact that she was still racially profiled? she was asked for a green card! wouldnt they normally ask DL, reg, proof of insurance?

she was profiled and pulled over, FOR NO REASON. thats the problem.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
yes i am well aware of that. she said she was of italian descent.

but how does that change the fact that she was still racially profiled? she was asked for a green card! wouldnt they normally ask DL, reg, proof of insurance?

she was profiled and pulled over, FOR NO REASON. thats the problem.
So she says...........I am not 100% sure she was being totally honest in her story.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
So she says...........I am not 100% sure she was being totally honest in her story.
what would lead you to that conclusion? why would she make up a story like that? what purpose does that serve?

is she just a spotlight queen?(didnt want to use the more vulgur term)

its abit fishy that she wasnt cited at all. i hope she can recall the cops names. or faces. it would not be hard to fidn out who the cops were.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
it does not matter who got here first. or how they got here
. what should matter is that people are being pulled over by cops, who dont write reports of the incident, for no other reason than the color of their skin.

pretty scary.
We obviously differ in our perspective. I don’t consider this merely an issue of black or brown skin. Rather, this is an issue of legal vs. illegal. Given the fact that the vast majority of illegal aliens in this country are Mexican, I consider this an attempt by the police officer (whether right or wrong) to ascertain the immigration status of this lady; ergo, the question regarding a green card.

You have somehow inferred that I am condoning ‘brown’ racial profiling, or consider blacks to be the only group deserving of civil rights by virtue of the method or time of arrival in this country. Perhaps your interpretation of my post is simply reflective of your personal beliefs.

Whenever a comparison is made between legal citizens and illegal aliens, irrespective of race, it is fundamentally flawed. That was the point I was trying to make. This isn’t a black/brown discrimination competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or