U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:07 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
The ones I have talked to say, they are working because their medicare is taken out of their social security, and they have to work.
You did post something good though, you pointed out that the elderly will work doing odd jobs, what about the rest of the Americans, that won't settle except for the most money for the least amount of work.
Sassyone, as an American, you enjoy many "rights"...the right to equal protection under the law, freedom of speech, the 'right to remain silent', freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, etc. You ALSO, no doubt, have access to electricity, running water (that you don't have to boil), and unlimited freedom to 'come and go' as you please.

These rights and priviliges are common to all "spoiled" Americans, (unless they're in jail), and are NOT known in much of the Third World. I'm sure if you chose to, you could "opt out" of these rights, and thus live an existence more in 'keeping' with most other people. If this would make you feel less "spoiled", you are free to do so..but I don't think you'll have much company.

Yes, Americans DO have it "better" than many others...and they are ALSO very willing to share with others, too...and our laws provide for MANY legal immigrants. If you feel "guilty" living here, I sympathize...but I doubt it proves anything, nor does it help the unfortunate. Your charity work in Mexico helps people...your guilt does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 02:26 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Now you are generalizing. There are plenty of hard-working legal citizens in this country. Are you begrudging them for expecting to be paid a sustainable wage? If illegals were able to live off of their meager earnings, they wouldn't be forced to live 15-20 per 2-bedroom apartment. Are you suggesting legal citizens should be satisfied with a similar lifestyle?

There are also many legal citizens, including myself, who have "earned" the right to not have to work like a dog. Your attitude is unfair and unfounded.
Isn't that what she gets upset at all of us about, generalizing and all? But she seems to think it is ok for her and other illegal lovers to do. DEPORT ALL illegals no matter what. Stop the bailout that wants to help illegals and their morgtages. This is ridiculous.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 PM

3,070 posts, read 3,334,721 times
Sassy, what you are not understanding is that they are OUR citizens to take care of. Mexico is sending it's citizens which it needs to be taking care of to us to also take care of. There are laws to take care of welfare fraud, but the illegals seem to enjoy immunity from welfare fraud investigations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Thank you, that was exactly what I meant.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Isn't that what she gets upset at all of us about, generalizing and all? But she seems to think it is ok for her and other illegal lovers to do. DEPORT ALL illegals no matter what. Stop the bailout that wants to help illegals and their morgtages. This is ridiculous.
As you stated.

In all fairness; if we had ca. 200-300K illegal immigrants here-------------that would be a far cry from the ca. 6-7 million presently here plus their US citizen Anchor Babies. That stated: we have 'lost' 1.3 million illegals already due to self deportation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or