U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-24-2008, 10:59 AM

7,020 posts, read 6,494,369 times
Default ev. "Slimes" Call to Join14 Day "FAST FOR FAMILIES"

CALL TO JOIN 14 DAY "FAST FOR FAMILIES"
OCTOBER 1ST TO OCTOBER 14TH

"We are fasting to bring our faith to the demand for a moratorium on raids, deportations and separation of families until legalization is passed by the Congress of the United States."

Press Conference

Wednesday, October 1st,

4 p.m.

Interfaith Service

5 p.m.

Adalberto United Methodist Church

2716 W Division St.

The October 1ST Fast has been called to bring the power of faith to the October "Ya Basta Campaign". On Wednesday October 8th, a resolution will be presented to the Chicago City Council calling on all candidates running in the November elections to commit themselves to a moratorium on raids, deportations and separation of families until legalization is enacted by Congress. The Resolution will be sent to the candidates, including those running for Congress and for President, asking them to come or send a written message to the "Moratorium Roll Call" on Tuesday, October 14th.

The call to pastors asks them to announce and mobilize for the city council mass press conference at 9:30 on the second floor of city hall on October 8th at their Sunday services. The call further asked pastors to celebrate "Dia de la Raza" on Sunday October 12th with a call to join the Moratorium Roll Call on Tuesday, October 14th.

The press conference and interfaith service on October 1st will present those pastors and community leaders who are joining the fast and explain the demands and action agenda of the "Ya Basta" Campaign. The religious leaders will stand with a mother facing deportation in 28 days and separation from her U.S. citizen husband and children and Flor Crisostomo who has been in sanctuary in resistance to an order of deportation since January of this year.

While these actions are Illinois based, we urge religious and community leaders to join the national Ya Basta campaign and participate in the "Fast for Family".

Pastors, Priests, Rabbi's and Imams who will join the fast for families should confirm their commitment by emailing Rev Walter Coleman at Wrevcoleman@aol.com.

Now if only they would declare a moratorium on their abundant sexual activity and birthrates they just might accomplish something beneficial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-24-2008, 11:02 AM

18,178 posts, read 9,469,791 times
Damn pittbull I nearly choked to death when I read your comment. LOL
I think they should call weight watchers, get their mailing list and solicite those individuals to join the fast. It would be a 2 for then.

Unread 09-24-2008, 11:04 AM

3,641 posts, read 2,751,010 times
Glad they are doing hunger strikes. At least that one resource that will be saved a bit for citizens. I wonder how long it will be before they blame our country or the citizens here because they got sick from not eating. LOLOLOL

Unread 09-24-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Damn pittbull I nearly choked to death when I read your comment. LOL
I think they should call weight watchers, get their mailing list and solicite those individuals to join the fast. It would be a 2 for then.
Agreed. Maybe I'll e-mail Rev. Slime and tell him to add our suggestions to their "prayer list".

The fact that this sympathy/attention getting ploy didn't stop ICE from deporting the pimp known as Elvira Arellano, you would think the fake reverend would find a new scheme.

Maybe ICE has put them on notice that they plan on moving in on Flor, Elvira's replacement. Flor left her 3 kids back in Mexico with her mother under the guise of working to send money back to feed them. It's been 8 months since she's worked. Interestingly enough her kids and mother haven't died from starvation.

Unread 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM

15,180 posts, read 9,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Glad they are doing hunger strikes. At least that one resource that will be saved a bit for citizens. I wonder how long it will be before they blame our country or the citizens here because they got sick from not eating. LOLOLOL
How true! I can hear it now -- they are sick because WE, the mean-spirited Americans, made them fast. Most likely, their fast will last as long as Elvira's……..about 3 hours.

Unread 09-24-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! I can hear it now -- they are sick because WE, the mean-spirited Americans, made them fast. Most likely, their fast will last as long as Elvira's……..about 3 hours.

I remember that one. I LMAO when I heard she only lasted 3 hours. I'm sure the chubby chica's will only last 20 minutes before they start shoveling down communion crackers.

Unread 09-24-2008, 11:16 AM

18,178 posts, read 9,469,791 times
Quote:
Hot dogs get your hotdogs, Ice cold beeeeeeer heeeeere LOL Lets set up a beer and hot dog stand outside the good rev's church.

Unread 09-24-2008, 11:43 AM

15,180 posts, read 9,020,001 times
JDubsMom & tinman, thanks for the laughs! Sorry I can't rep you.

Unread 09-24-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
JDubsMom & tinman, thanks for the laughs! Sorry I can't rep you.
No problemo . . it's the thought that counts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration