U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:52 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If not for the Mexican illegal alien invasion, I really donít believe people would be as outraged. The Mexican flag now has a negative connotation. It symbolizes a country guilty of dumping its underclass and miscreants on the U.S. taxpayers. People are understandably incensed. Moreover, the massive Mexican flag-waving at the protest marches certainly wasnít endearing.

Agreed. Not only is it not endearing it is arrogant, disrespectful and pathetic.

I guarantee you, if the border of mexico had a door, the oligarchies would slam it shut, turn out all the lights and pretend everybody left town when their whiney, ignorant peasants tried to return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:15 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
If not for the Mexican illegal alien invasion, I really don’t believe people would be as outraged. The Mexican flag now has a negative connotation. It symbolizes a country guilty of dumping its underclass and miscreants on the U.S. taxpayers. People are understandably incensed. Moreover, the massive Mexican flag-waving at the protest marches certainly wasn’t endearing.
The only other flag in recent US memory whose connotation is as pooched would be the Confederate flag. Suffice to say: I would be 'chilled' of I start seeing American Black people fly the Stars and Bars as a counter protest to MEChA et al.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The only other flag in recent US memory whose connotation is as pooched would be the Confederate flag. Suffice to say: I would be 'chilled' of I start seeing American Black people fly the Stars and Bars as a counter protest to MEChA et al.
You will only see that if you ingest hallucinogens.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:13 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
whats the problem? they wave all the other flags. why is this a problem? its not replacing the US flag and is only flown on special days, with community request.

much ado about nothing
if in fact they DO fly other country flags as listed.........and he is a politician and New haven is a new sanctuary city............then there is nothing wrong here......................however I would like to see so pics of the other flags being flown also.....................until then well it just sounds as pandering............

Old 09-25-2008, 09:17 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
if in fact they DO fly other country flags as listed.........and he is a politician and New haven is a new sanctuary city............then there is nothing wrong here......................however I would like to see so pics of the other flags being flown also.....................until then well it just sounds as pandering............
Agreed. I bet you don't see any American flags being flown on top of buildings in mexico.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
You will only see that if you ingest hallucinogens.
Would you have believed it 20 years ago that the Democratic Presidential nominee for 2008 would not only be a 'Colored' man but with a very similar name to the 'main players' that helped embroil us in both Afghanistan and Iraq (Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein)----------and that Barack Hussein Obama has a better than 50/50 chance of winning in November.

Interesting times indeed.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:38 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. I bet you don't see any American flags being flown on top of buildings in mexico.
Well actually that did occur............in 1848 when we seized Mexico city and the US Army raised the flag of liberation (stars and stripes) Over the Mexican capitol
there actually is a good piece of art work that commemorates that event...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Mexican flag ignites hatred in New Haven

Sept. 25, 2008

New Haven (WTNH) -- A Mexican flag flies proudly on the New Haven Green and the mayor says his office has been flooded with hate calls and e-mails.

In response, Mayor John DeStefano was joined by other community leaders on the Green late Thursday afternoon for an anti-hate rally.

The Mexican flag was hung in honor of the Mexican Independence Day.

In a written statement, a spokesman for the mayor defended the Mexican flag saying, "The City of New Haven waves the Italian, Irish, Lithuanian, Polish, Puerto Rican and a number of other flags on the Green at the request of community groups in relation to patriotic holidays and events."

http://www.wtnh.com/global/story.asp?s=9074618

Talk about pushing the limits. This treasonous slime is playing with
matches.
I don't have a problem with it, if I'm going to get upset it would be more than the waving of the Mexican flag in honor of Mexican Independence Day.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:06 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Public property of the United States of America.
We can't put a nativity scene up for christmas I don't think we should be flying the flag of Mexico or any other country including Canada.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Public property of the United States of America.
We can't put a nativity scene up for christmas I don't think we should be flying the flag of Mexico or any other country including Canada.
Excellent point there.

Despite my being firmly secular and not 'Christian': I have little or no issue with a Nativity scene around Yule/Christmas/Winter Solstice vs. flying another nation's flag under the circumstances at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration