U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:10 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,039,458 times

Advertisements

Perhaps I have a negative view about strippers, prostitutes, murderers, and drug abusers because I have known a few. Perhaps I would have the luxury of believing in the ***** with a heart of gold if I didn't know what these people are like --- another bonus of having a criminal brother. They tend to lie, to steal, and to be extremely narcissistic if not sociopathic. Granted, all the people I have known have all been legal citizens, so perhaps the immigrants - legal or not - have a different standard of moralty? Somehow I doubt it.
If this woman was a maid, a laundress, a nanny, a factory worker, a teacher, a dr a anything that was above board I would not have the mixed feelings about her situation that I currently have.
Hating? No. Sadly, strippers with a heart of gold exists only in the movies.....and in liberals minds to excuse a shady existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 10:23 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Perhaps I have a negative view about strippers, prostitutes, murderers, and drug abusers because I have known a few. Perhaps I would have the luxury of believing in the ***** with a heart of gold if I didn't know what these people are like --- another bonus of having a criminal brother. They tend to lie, to steal, and to be extremely narcissistic if not sociopathic. Granted, all the people I have known have all been legal citizens, so perhaps the immigrants - legal or not - have a different standard of moralty? Somehow I doubt it.
If this woman was a maid, a laundress, a nanny, a factory worker, a teacher, a dr a anything that was above board I would not have the mixed feelings about her situation that I currently have.
Hating? No. Sadly, strippers with a heart of gold exists only in the movies.....and in liberals minds to excuse a shady existence.
Because it can't be said enough, you like everyone else are entitled to your feelings, emotions and opinions. The last time I looked we are still citizens of the US entitled to those rights.

Again . . . ITA with all that you have said.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-26-2008 at 11:11 AM..

Old 09-26-2008, 10:25 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,513,320 times
Quote:
Yeah, those are some great assumptions you've got going on there. It's funny, you guys just don't let up, EVER. No matter what people do, they'll end up on your ****list won't they? I've pretty much had it w/this forum, the endless derogatory remarks, the prejudices, the assumptions, the intolerance, the biases, the constant negativity day in & day out. You people must be full-on exhausted living your life like that, I'm exhausted just reading your filth. I don't live my life seeking out ways to rip on people, to punish people, you people on the other hand do. You guys must be a ray of sunshine walking down the street w/that cloud of pessimism floating around you, just like Pigpen. I feel sorry for people like you guys & you'll never take a good long look at yourself & realize it either. That's all I have to say about that, I'm done. Over & out.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:31 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,692,900 times
Quote:
While you are entitled to your opinion, this woman's method of making a living has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I've known quite a few strippers and none of them evidenced any of the traits you seem wont to attribute to them. They were simply hard working women making their way through school or single moms who felt that two nights away from their children a week was better than a 40 hour work week plus a second night job just to keep a roof over their heads.

I have no mixed feelings about this poor woman's situation. It's horribly sad and it's something that she will carry with her for the rest of her life, no matter if she were a stripper or a nuclear physicist.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,907 times
Quote:
But.....and I hate to bring this up, but she is a stripper. Do we need more strippers in the US? I guess what I am saying, is that this qustion would be clear cut if she were a nurse, a teacher, an engineer or a baker. Stripper? Rightly or wrongly there is a stigma attached to that profession that includes prostitution and drug abuse.
Then again, maybe she was stripping per dhs orders? I don't know...just something that needs to be looked into.
Who gives a rat's ass if she is a stripper or a nun? It is amazing that anyone of you can sit in judgement of her. Are you saying that a nurse, or teacher are better? Who gives a hoot that we have strippers in the U.S.? If you don't like them, then don't hang out where they work.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
While you are entitled to your opinion, this woman's method of making a living has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I've known quite a few strippers and none of them evidenced any of the traits you seem wont to attribute to them. They were simply hard working women making their way through school or single moms who felt that two nights away from their children a week was better than a 40 hour work week plus a second night job just to keep a roof over their heads.

I have no mixed feelings about this poor woman's situation. It's horribly sad and it's something that she will carry with her for the rest of her life, no matter if she were a stripper or a nuclear physicist.
I have to respectfully disagree. While they may simply be hard working so are crooked attorneys, drug dealers, prostitutes and pimps. They too have families and are working for the same reasons that you mention. While I sympathize with the tragedy in her life, being a stripper is not exactly an honorable profession no matter the reason for doing it.

In accordance with the original reasons for legal immigration, strippers were not in shortage nor is stripping considered an immigration eligible profession in America. They were not needed then nor is there a shortage of them now. They like illegal aliens from SOB bring nothing positive to the American table. She like so many others was here illegally by choice.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-26-2008 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-26-2008, 11:24 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
I don’t believe much can be accomplished by concentrating on the woman’s less than honorable profession. Granted, stripping is not my cup of tea, but it is still “legal” employment. As I previously stated, I try not to be judgmental.

If, as the article indicates, citizenship for this woman was imminent, I believe it should be granted. Perhaps through her tragedy, she will be motivated to make a difference in the lives of others. A positive outcome is often found through tragic experiences. Organizations such as America’s Most Wanted and MADD, come to mind. If not for personal tragedies, these and countless other organizations would not have been established.

May this innocent child rest in peace; and may this grieving mother find solace.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don’t believe much can be accomplished by concentrating on the woman’s less than honorable profession. Granted, stripping is not my cup of tea, but it is still “legal” employment. As I previously stated, I try not to be judgmental.

If, as the article indicates, citizenship for this woman was imminent, I believe it should be granted. Perhaps through her tragedy, she will be motivated to make a difference in the lives of others. A positive outcome is often found through tragic experiences. Organizations such as America’s Most Wanted and MADD, come to mind. If not for personal tragedies, these and countless other organizations would not have been established.

May this innocent child rest in peace; and may this grieving mother find solace.
I try not to be judgmental either. I hope by simply stating my feelings/opinion (with no animosity intended) are not looked upon as being judgmental. We all have our faults and crosses to bare. Nobody has lived a perfect life and as posted earlier, I too hope that she is granted citizenship.

Eloquently stated!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:46 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I try not to be judgmental either. I hope by simply stating my feelings {with no animosity intended) is not looked upon as being judgmental. We all have our faults and crosses to bare. Nobody has lived a perfect life.

Eloquently stated!
Thanks, JDubs! I certainly didn't interpret your post as being judgmental. I know I haven't been an angel. Whenever I find myself slipping into self-righteous mode (we all do at times), I am reminded of "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."

Old 09-26-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thanks, JDubs! I certainly didn't interpret your post as being judgmental. I know I haven't been an angel. Whenever I find myself slipping into self-righteous mode (we all do at times), I am reminded of "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."
Oh I know. That wasn't directed at you or Kele. Just stating the obvious for those IA huggers who blow things out of proportion while expecting others to ignore the reality of the ugly side of the illegal immigration picture.

Thanks, as usual great post!

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-26-2008 at 12:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration