U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:10 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,102,891 times

Advertisements

i love strippers. dancers whatever they are. thats not a problem one bit. besides, who knows why this woman was dancing. it makes no difference. would it matter if she were burlesque? topless only? all nude? behind a glass partition? no it would not. she was not involved in illegal activity. its a job.

leaving all that non sense aside, this is still a tragedy. this is about domestic violence and abuse at the hands of a murderous husband.

lets not get sidetracked in specualtion or debate about stripping and prostitution. i would hate for one of your relatives to die and someone at the wake say, "did you know that she cheated on her husband! that loose loose woman... but may she rest in peace. and be in the glory of the almighty saviour!"

kinda nasty when you think of it that way.

this is a tremendous tragedy that this woman will bear for the rest of her life.
may the baby rest in paradise
may the husband be forgiven
may the wife find relief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 01:16 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i love strippers. dancers whatever they are. thats not a problem one bit. besides, who knows why this woman was dancing. it makes no difference. would it matter if she were burlesque? topless only? all nude? behind a glass partition? no it would not. she was not involved in illegal activity. its a job.

leaving all that non sense aside, this is still a tragedy. this is about domestic violence and abuse at the hands of a murderous husband.

lets not get sidetracked in specualtion or debate about stripping and prostitution. i would hate for one of your relatives to die and someone at the wake say, "did you know that she cheated on her husband! that loose loose woman... but may she rest in peace. and be in the glory of the almighty saviour!"

kinda nasty when you think of it that way.

this is a tremendous tragedy that this woman will bear for the rest of her life.
may the baby rest in paradise
may the husband be forgiven
may the wife find relief
On this, we agree. With the exception of your intro.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:32 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,102,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
On this, we agree. With the exception of your intro.
you mean you dont love burlesque?!?!?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
you mean you dont love burlesque?!?!?
I have no problem with a couple of hunks as entertainment at a bachelorette party (nothing lewd); but thatís where I draw the line.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,063,172 times
Well, as I stated...I can only go by what I have experienced. The strippers I have known (through my brother) were nice enough to talk to, but they were drug addicts and theives. Now, are all strippers drug addicts and thieves? Probably not, but I imagine that there are proportionally more of them that are then there are people in the teaching profession.
I was not saying screw her, I was not saying this because she is an immigrant. I am saying this due to her profession and my experience with people in that profession. That is all, and it doesn't make me a hard hearted person. It does make me a realist, and it does make me feel so badly for their children who will most likely end up the same way -- in a lifestyle of drugs and prostitution. I'm sorry if the realities offend some of you, and again this is not because she is paraguan --- this is merely a question of her lifestyle and possible criminality of such.
Hopefully, the tragedy of losing her daughter and the enormous guilt and confusion she is feeling now will not propell her further into this lifestyle. Hopefully she will be able to find a support group to help her recover her life.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, as I stated...I can only go by what I have experienced. The strippers I have known (through my brother) were nice enough to talk to, but they were drug addicts and theives. Now, are all strippers drug addicts and thieves? Probably not, but I imagine that there are proportionally more of them that are then there are people in the teaching profession.
I was not saying screw her, I was not saying this because she is an immigrant. I am saying this due to her profession and my experience with people in that profession. That is all, and it doesn't make me a hard hearted person. It does make me a realist, and it does make me feel so badly for their children who will most likely end up the same way -- in a lifestyle of drugs and prostitution. I'm sorry if the realities offend some of you, and again this is not because she is paraguan --- this is merely a question of her lifestyle and possible criminality of such.
Hopefully, the tragedy of losing her daughter and the enormous guilt and confusion she is feeling now will not propell her further into this lifestyle. Hopefully she will be able to find a support group to help her recover her life.
I clearly understand where youíre coming from. I studied that lifestyle; and believe me, itís a sad and ugly existence.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:30 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,956,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
No reason to hate bringing up the truth. While I sympathize with her plight, she is no angel by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that she was living here illegally for more than a decade, and waiting for her citizenship through marriage did not escape me. Also, I could not overlook the fact that despite being married she was caught in a hotel room with another man. More than a few of the issues in this story raises the red flag for me as well.

ITA with all that you have stated.
But But But I never got to see her strip.... Atleast wait ubtil I see her before we deport her, Have a heart for me at least.. LOL Just kidding calm down I don't do the strip bar scene.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:35 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,919,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But But But I never got to see her strip.... Atleast wait ubtil I see her before we deport her, Have a heart for me at least.. LOL Just kidding calm down I don't do the strip bar scene.
Wipes tears . . . . even if you did, I'd still have a heart for you.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:43 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,956,936 times
I was thinking. She can audition for a future husband and then they can K1 visa her so she can stay. LOL

Old 09-26-2008, 04:01 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,919,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I was thinking. She can audition for a future husband and then they can K1 visa her so she can stay. LOL
Sounds like a plan. She may even have already discussed this option with the guy she was caught in the hotel with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration