Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times

Advertisements

If amnesty does come and millions of illegals are dropped in our laps as U. S. citizens, I think we should help them learn financial responsibility. I do not at all advocate amnesty, but worst case scenario, they should then be held accountable for the sums of money so generously provided by Americans.

I am no economic major, so I depend on you for more information. What about the following being included in any plan for amnesty if our pandering politicians are so insistent upon amnesty:

1. Anchor babies' Social Security numbers be debited with the amounts of all money the U.S. freely has given to their parents while they were not yet citizens of the U.S., up to the point they become citizens of the US. When the anchor babies grow and get their education and get their good jobs, they would pay an additional 20% payroll tax to reimburse the US for the money paid to their parents up to the time they became citizens, said records being kept by the IRS or each state's Department of Revenue. If illegals are here with no anchor babies, a 10% payroll tax would be taken to reimburse Americans for the money given to them while they were illegals.

That way, the illegals' children are paying for their parents' way instead of my (and your) children.

2. If illegals used stolen ID's or Social Security numbers at any point, they would not be given amnesty and would be deported, or they would lose their citizenship and be deported. In any event, they would be deported. Their anchor baby children could stay to pay back America, but their parents would go.

3. Upon achieving amnesty/citizenship, former illegals would reimburse all medical providers 50% of the medical treatment they received while they were illegals to be monitored through each state's Department of Revenue or similar type agency. See #2 if they used stolen ID's/ SSN's. I understand for those with severe medical problems that this would never be possible. Hopefully we would require they pay something.

4. If they fail to pay any of the above, their wages would be garnished, similarly to how Americans' wages are if they fail to pay their taxes.

This would apply to any illegals coming into the country in the future.

We would spend money to gain the return of this money, but the illegals would get what they want, citizenship, and we get what we want, reimbursement, at least partially, of the millions and millions America is spending to support them, making them more financially responsible. It would create more jobs to get this money back from the illegals/now citizens.

To me, something like this would force illegals to behave as they say they believe. What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
If amnesty does come and millions of illegals are dropped in our laps as U. S. citizens, I think we should help them learn financial responsibility. I do not at all advocate amnesty, but worst case scenario, they should then be held accountable for the sums of money so generously provided by Americans.

I am no economic major, so I depend on you for more information. What about the following being included in any plan for amnesty if our pandering politicians are so insistent upon amnesty:

1. Anchor babies' Social Security numbers be debited with the amounts of all money the U.S. freely has given to their parents while they were not yet citizens of the U.S., up to the point they become citizens of the US. When the anchor babies grow and get their education and get their good jobs, they would pay an additional 20% payroll tax to reimburse the US for the money paid to their parents up to the time they became citizens, said records being kept by the IRS or each state's Department of Revenue. If illegals are here with no anchor babies, a 10% payroll tax would be taken to reimburse Americans for the money given to them while they were illegals.

That way, the illegals' children are paying for their parents' way instead of my (and your) children.

2. If illegals used stolen ID's or Social Security numbers at any point, they would not be given amnesty and would be deported, or they would lose their citizenship and be deported. In any event, they would be deported. Their anchor baby children could stay to pay back America, but their parents would go.

3. Upon achieving amnesty/citizenship, former illegals would reimburse all medical providers 50% of the medical treatment they received while they were illegals to be monitored through each state's Department of Revenue or similar type agency. See #2 if they used stolen ID's/ SSN's. I understand for those with severe medical problems that this would never be possible. Hopefully we would require they pay something.

4. If they fail to pay any of the above, their wages would be garnished, similarly to how Americans' wages are if they fail to pay their taxes.

This would apply to any illegals coming into the country in the future.

We would spend money to gain the return of this money, but the illegals would get what they want, citizenship, and we get what we want, reimbursement, at least partially, of the millions and millions America is spending to support them, making them more financially responsible. It would create more jobs to get this money back from the illegals/now citizens.

To me, something like this would force illegals to behave as they say they believe. What say you?
That where I bolded would likely eliminate at least 50% of the illegals off the bat.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:03 PM

608 posts, read 923,336 times
AZ, let's go with what you've predicted all along and watch the economy continue to tank (in hopes that the illegals will simply self deport) instead of trying to figure out ways to keep them financially afloat. (which will likely only cost Americans more money, jobs, etc.)

Old 09-26-2008, 05:21 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
AZ, let's go with what you've predicted all along and watch the economy continue to tank (in hopes that the illegals will simply self deport) instead of trying to figure out ways to keep them financially afloat. (which will likely only cost Americans more money, jobs, etc.)
You got that right! I have ZERO interest in keeping illegal aliens financially afloat. I only have interest in them going home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration