U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 04:18 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,311,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Add me to that list of people you know whose 401(k) is being siphoned. I know one thing, if Bush and his gang of thieves are allowed to walk free America will never be normal again.
What is happening was meant to be by the powers that be and illegals were used to help push it along over the years. I really dislike politicians because all they seem to do is to get more power for themselves and their family, not to mention the money they steal.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 05:25 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,714,009 times
This push for home ownership is another one of the illegals ploys to stay in the US, just like anchor babies. If they buy a home and someone tries to deport them, they will then argue that we should not make them leave because they have put down roots here and they own a home!!( not really- the bank owns it) Can you imagine what kind of shape this home must be in after having people living in every nook and cranny? Some of these places are going to be in such bad shape they will have to be bulldozed.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:41 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
You better hope mccain lives four years if he is elected...otherwise we will have a Queen Maud situation. She was so unpopular and caused such strife that it was almost 500 years before the english would allow another woman to rule them.

In a way, the worse we are the better the chance of real change has coming about. Maybe we will start getting politicians who aren't in someones pocket, maybe we will start getting politicians who have the good of this nation first and foremost.
Hush your mouth. If not for his stance on illegal immigration, I'd vote for Obama because at least he is educated, intelligent, articulate and posesses more than a little common sense.

McCain, graduated at the bottom of his Naval academy class and is as dumb as a box of pet rocks. Lord help us if McCain gets elected and promptly drops dead. Palin as POTUS would be the equivalent of Bush one step removed from crazy. She actually believes Russia is our next door neighbor.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:31 PM

Mortgage help for bankrupt homeowners dropped

WASHINGTON - House Democrats say the idea of letting judges rewrite mortgages to help bankrupt homeowners avoid foreclosure won't be a part of the $700 billion financial industry bailout.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told Democrats at a closed-door meeting Friday evening the provision would be a deal-breaker for Republicans who she has said must deliver substantial votes for the rescue plan. That's according to several lawmakers who attended the session.

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama had said earlier that the measure didn't belong in the bailout.

The concession came as staff aides to key Democrats and Republicans worked into the evening searching for compromise on the rescue bill.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://finance.comcast.net/www/news.html?x=http://76.96.38.13/data/news/2008/09/26/1071349.xml

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-26-2008 at 09:06 PM..

Old 09-27-2008, 12:56 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,041,422 times
This mess is all based on greed. So many people made money hand to fist from these no money down, interest only and no document mortgages. From the CEO's down to the real estate agents. I know a mortgage broker that was living large with her expansive house, $100K Mercedes and income properties. Well she went bust. Shame on all of them. Capitalism is an avenue for people to work, invest and build wealth in an orthodox manner. It's turned into a way for our fellow Americans to build personal wealth at the expense of millions of other fellow Americans. Shame on all of the people who had their hands in these crazy mortgages. And also to all of the home buyers out there that had to "Keep Up with Joneses" when they were living paycheck to paycheck. I'm sick of people that "need" to live in expansive homes with a ton of amenities. As a child of the 60's and 70's, I was raised at a time when no one had credit cards and if they did, they paid them off monthly. Kids shared a bedroom (God forbid) and 1 or 2 TV's in a house was commonplace. If you wanted to buy something, you paid cash for it. If you tore your jeans, you ironed a patch over the tear. We have all become so superficial. So many of us live well beyond our means. Credit card debt is out of control. People take out lines of credit and home equity loans to pay off debt and then get into debt again. For what? An updated kitchen? Another trip to Disneyworld? My parents grew up in the Depression and you can tell. To some they are cheap. To me, they are frugal. Their mortgage interest was 15%. A TV in the 70's cost $700 and my dad (an attorney) was making $35k a year! Stuff was still manufactured here in the US, including TV's. Now we get all of our stuff for cheap and we still have tons of debt and charge like it's nothing. This nation has to retrain itself to stop spending money that we don't have. Our government and all of us. In this economy, we should all have 8 months of savings to pay all of our bills if we should lose our jobs. If you don't have that, you're playing Russian Roulette with your wealth and the generational wealth that you won't have to pass down to your children.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:38 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,339,152 times
He sued because WaMu gave him the loan. I wonder if the ACLU and other pro-illegal groups will now help other illegals sue because banks won't give easy loans any more.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:26 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,040,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Hush your mouth. If not for his stance on illegal immigration, I'd vote for Obama because at least he is educated, intelligent, articulate and posesses more than a little common sense.

McCain, graduated at the bottom of his Naval academy class and is as dumb as a box of pet rocks. Lord help us if McCain gets elected and promptly drops dead. Palin as POTUS would be the equivalent of Bush one step removed from crazy. She actually believes Russia is our next door neighbor.
I was leaning towards obama myself until I learned his stance on illegal immigration and then the rev wright thing also gave me pause....ah hell, jdubsmom -- sometimes I feel like I'm a gun away from joining a militia out in the backwoods (well, a militia that wasn't racist bat**** crazy )

Old 09-27-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I was leaning towards obama myself until I learned his stance on illegal immigration and then the rev wright thing also gave me pause....ah hell, jdubsmom -- sometimes I feel like I'm a gun away from joining a militia out in the backwoods (well, a militia that wasn't racist bat**** crazy )
Can we say birds of a feather? I am so right there with you; we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:37 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,145,885 times
Quote:
We are thinking....RV. Maybe if we all keep moving, we can hang on to a little of our hard earned cash? See you in the woods folks.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:52 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
What is happening was meant to be by the powers that be and illegals were used to help push it along over the years. I really dislike politicians because all they seem to do is to get more power for themselves and their family, not to mention the money they steal.

Yes, anyone who doesn't believe this is going just as planned is naive.

This will allow the government to take over the banks, take over the mortgage companies and the politicians will decide who lives in homes, what kind of homes they will live in.

The illegals are just part of their plans, bring as many in as possible, give them the jobs building all those new houses, give them liar loans so they can buy those homes and any kind of welfare program that allows them to buy up McMansions and still have $400 a month left over to send back to Mexico to help the profits of the Mexican millionaires and billionaires.

The population of Americans was never growing fast enough to justify the huge sprawling subdivisions going up overnight everywhere. The wages of Americans were not rising fast enough to justify the $400,000 McMansions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or