Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:53 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Should anyone be surprised that Washington Mutual is now in trouble?

Quote:
Soledad Aviles, an immigrant from Mexico with a 6th grade education who can't read or write English and makes $9 an hour, was approved for a mortgage of $615, 000 by Washington Mutual. It should be noted off the bat that Washington Mutual is one of many banks that accept the Matricula Consular ID card as proof of identity and which is easily forgable. I assume Aviles is not an illegal alien (but who knows considering the source of this story and the fact that they like to omit those little tidbits all of the time).

Soledad Aviles and his wife Guadalupe The LA Times gives us his sad story below as he is forced to then rent out his house to illegal aliens to make the payments and sleep on a couch.
Washington Mutual Gives $615,000 Mortgage To Immigrant Making $9 An Hour Who Can't Read Or Write English : Diggers Realm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 03:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Aviles came to this country seeking a better life, seeking the illegal dream. He sought the big bucks welfare check and his own home. Instead he was forced to get a job for $9.00 an hour. He bought his dream home, a house big enough to rent illegally to 12 illegal families. But the dream went up in smoke when he realized the american gov would not make his mortgage payments for him. He is now forced to rent to 2 additional illegal families and is forced to sleep on a couch he stole from the salvation army.
What happened to the promise of an easy life? What happened to his dream of living off the land of plenty?
Now for the rest of the story.
Aviles was contacted by the ACLU, and a host of pro-illegal orgs. He sued Washington Mutual and the fed Gov. The pro-illegals held a fund raiser and he used the money to install an in ground swiming pool. The law suit netted him just under 6 million dollars and he has purchased 8 additional properties and now houses 96 illegal families. Oh and he finally got the couch of his dreams a lazy boy reclining couch with center refridgerated console.
Aviles says god bless those stupid americans

Old 09-26-2008, 03:07 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Aviles came to this country seeking a better life, seeking the illegal dream. He sought the big bucks welfare check and his own home. Instead he was forced to get a job for $9.00 an hour. He bought his dream home, a house big enough to rent illegally to 12 illegal families. But the dream went up in smoke when he realized the american gov would not make his mortgage payments for him. He is now forced to rent to 2 additional illegal families and is forced to sleep on a couch he stole from the salvation army.
What happened to the promise of an easy life? What happened to his dream of living off the land of plenty?
Now for the rest of the story.
Aviles was contacted by the ACLU, and a host of pro-illegal orgs. He sued Washington Mutual and the fed Gov. The pro-illegals held a fund raiser and he used the money to install an in ground swiming pool. The law suit netted him just under 6 million dollars and he has purchased 8 additional properties and now houses 96 illegal families. Oh and he finally got the couch of his dreams a lazy boy reclining couch with center refridgerated console.
Aviles says god bless those stupid americans
Well WaMu went out of business this morning. They were purchased by Chase. It will be interesting to see how many more of these scumsucking banks go under before the dust settles.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:12 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I saw the tape of Mr. Barney (not me) Frank in 2005 stating in front of the house stating that Freddie and Fannie were in great shape and we should continue to give these low interest loans to the poor to help them become mainstream. Amazing to see that fat f...k stand next to Nancy today and act like none of the blood in on his pinkies. Makes me puke. Off with all their heads!!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Should anyone be surprised that Washington Mutual is now in trouble?

Quote:
Referred to a local loan broker by a trusted friend, he borrowed the entire purchase price of $615,000 from Washington Mutual at a high interest rate typical of sub-prime loans. The monthly payment, as he says he understood it, would be $3,600 -- steep for a glass cutter who made $9 an hour -- but Aviles counted on his wife and three of his six daughters, who also worked low-paying jobs, to contribute.
"We took out our pencils, figured out our take-home pay and figured out that if we all pitched in, it would work," said Aviles, 54, a stoop-shouldered, soft-spoken man with a sixth-grade education from Mexico.
I make more in 3 seconds than this 6th grade educated thief makes in a year, I have excellent credit and legal identification and there is no bank in the world that would give me a $615K home. WaMu deserves to go out of business. Here's hoping that part of the agreement signed will stipulate that every single perp walk is televised daily.

These morons deserve to be locked in the same cell with the illegal aliens they financed.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 PM

224 posts, read 957,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I make more in 3 seconds than this 6th grade educated thief makes in a year, I have excellent credit and legal identification and there is no bank in the world that would give me a $615K home. WaMu deserves to go out of business. Here's hoping that part of the agreement signed will stipulate that every single perp walk is televised daily.

These morons deserve to be locked in the same cell with the illegal aliens they financed.
They did go out of business. The bank was seized and the assets sold to JPMorgan..Chase for1.9 billion.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:20 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
There's a big stink goin on in another thread about a landlord renting a place to Americans and that it is an illegal apt. Here is an example of an Illegal Househould. Which is worse? Yet some still side with the Illegal Aliens.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
I become more incensed each day. All of these scum should be jailed and forfeit all assets. Practically everyone I know has lost money in their 401(k). A close friend lost over $10,000 just this week from this mess. This is making the crooks at Enron look like a group of Boy Scouts.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:28 PM

224 posts, read 957,204 times
If you guys want to get really mad, check this out.

FOXNews.com - WaMu Gives New CEO Mega Payout as Bank Fails - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Old 09-26-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Bonner View Post
They did go out of business. The bank was seized and the assets sold to JPMorgan..Chase for1.9 billion.

I know that's what I said a couple of posts above (see post above MotleyCrews).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration