U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 03:56 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,905,433 times

Advertisements

After hearing pleas from local community leaders Thursday night, Calderon said, "It seems to me a fair demand, so this is what we'll do, we'll put a consulate here in New Brunswick."

In his first visit to New Jersey, Calderon spoke to representatives of local and regional community organizations and the parents of students at Lord Stirling Elementary School, which hosted the event.

Calderon is visiting the United States for the United Nations General Assembly. He met Wednesday with President George Bush and other leaders from the Western Hemisphere to discuss free trade and visited the New York Stock Exchange.

In his address to community members in New Brunswick, Calderon noted the challenges facing the U.S. economy, but said he was confident it would recover in the long run.

However, he said a regional approach is needed to build sound economies in North America, including the United States, Mexico and Canada. "Relaunching the economy will not happen if we don't think as a region," he said, adding that a strong in the United States must include immigration reform.

"It is my personal conviction that migration is a natural social-economic phenomenon that cannot be stopped by decree," he said. "What we need to do is channel it and direct it for the prosperity of our society."

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080925/NEWS/809250390/1003/newsfront

First Fox and now Calderon. Who in the hell do these pimping punks think they are? He needs to be back in his cesspool trying to get that shanty shack in order, instead of trying to call shots in our country. Apparently, he didn't get the memo stating plans for Amexico have been canceled and his abundantly breeding peasants are coming home.

Spontaneous combustion anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 04:01 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,702,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
First Fox and now Calderon. Who in the hell do these pimping punks think they are? He needs to be back in his cesspool trying to get that shanty shack in order, instead of trying to call shots in my country.

Spontaneous combustion anyone?
Simple answer, JDubsMom . . . Pompous Arrogant Scumbag Politicians!

Similar to COCKROACHES (not by accident), they are everywhere and tough to exterminate!

Old 09-26-2008, 04:03 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,905,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Simple answer, JDubsMom . . . Pompous Arrogant Scumbag Politicians!

Similar to COCKROACHES (not by accident), they are everywhere and tough to exterminate!

Not similar, they are cockroaches. I'd love to step on and squish either Calderon or Fox in some steel toed construction boots and see what comes out.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-26-2008 at 04:58 PM..

Old 09-26-2008, 05:06 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,043,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
"It is my personal conviction that migration is a natural social-economic phenomenon that cannot be stopped by decree," he said. "What we need to do is channel it and direct it for the prosperity of our society."

Whose society, el presidente? Just whose society will migration prosper? Cause it sure as hell isn't ours.

Oh, and the more I hear of calderon the more convinced I am that a NAU is in the works if not already a fait accompli, and that scares me more then our current financial crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or