U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 04:38 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,922,065 times

Advertisements

ya know i have nothing against people in these posts all posing about illegal mexicans coming in this county illegally. what is your beef with them? do you feel they are taking jobs away from americans? how many people do you know that would go pick cotton for 100 dollars a day? or do landscaping 16 hours a day? they certainly are not working at jp morgan? i dont think that the mexicans are plotting to blow up our buildings? how about we close our borders to those who are hell bent on destroying this country.. just a thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 04:41 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
It would be great to close our borders to those who may want to blow up our buildings -- but to do that, the mexican border would have to be sealed and the mexican government itself doesn't want that.
As far as jobs being taken? Do a little research of the effect 'scabs labor' has on unions, and non union jobs. That is the problem with illegal immigration. And illegal immigration is not confined to mexicans alone, although due to proximity and their own governments encouragement, they are the majority.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:50 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,120,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
ya know i have nothing against people in these posts all posing about illegal mexicans coming in this county illegally. what is your beef with them? do you feel they are taking jobs away from americans? how many people do you know that would go pick cotton for 100 dollars a day? or do landscaping 16 hours a day? they certainly are not working at jp morgan? i dont think that the mexicans are plotting to blow up our buildings? how about we close our borders to those who are hell bent on destroying this country.. just a thought
There would be a benefit to them entering legally. No?

Why don't they enter legally? No papers? No identity? No health check?

They pay 2,000 dollars to a coyote to smuggle them into the USA when they could use that money to get proper documentation to enter the USA. They're not very bright.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:24 PM

307 posts, read 458,295 times
Quote:
How many people do you know that would go pick cotton for 100 dollars a day? or do landscaping 16 hours a day?
I'm so glad you support the elimination of workers rights and desire for the U.S. to go back to allowing 16 hour work weeks with no overtime. Can I get you to sign a petition to allow child labor in sweat shops?

Random

Old 09-26-2008, 06:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
I am not playing your game: close/lock at least our southern border and start mass deportations............we are a sovereign nation and have the right and duty secure it.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:49 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am not playing your game: close/lock at least our southern border and start mass deportations............we are a sovereign nation and have the right and duty secure it.
Can't argue with your point. I can see NO reason we shouldn't do what you say, except that it wouldn't be 'compassionate' to do so...however, we have (conservatively) 20 million illegals in this country. It may be 'compassonate' if we had 4 million, or 5 million....having 20 million, though, isn't 'compassionate',...... it's INSANE...

Old 09-26-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Can't argue with your point. I can see NO reason we shouldn't do what you say, except that it wouldn't be 'compassionate' to do so...however, we have (conservatively) 20 million illegals in this country. It may be 'compassonate' if we had 4 million, or 5 million....having 20 million, though, isn't 'compassionate',...... it's INSANE...
200-300K illegals may qualify as compassionate.............

Old 09-26-2008, 07:08 PM

136 posts, read 256,948 times
What about the illegal immigrants who use our hospitals, leave and never pay the bills causing bankruptcies as a result?

What about those illegal and pregnant female Mexican migrants who cross the border only to deliver their children here in the US so that they can receive free government benefits, use their children as an means of gaining citizenship or as political weapons should they face deportation?

What about those illegal immigrants who murder about 4,000+ Americans annually or those who commit identity fraud, rapes, assaults or other crimes? What about those illegal immigrants who are forming criminal gangs that are sprouting all over the US and now into Canada?

Did you ever care to think about the effects that those illegal immigrants have on our society? I didn't think so.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:39 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,922,065 times
Default illegals

have you ever thought about the americans who clog our hospitals with cancer due to smoking or how about all the heart patients that have clogged arteries due to the fact they cant stop stuffing their faces with fat..

Old 09-27-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
have you ever thought about the americans who clog our hospitals with cancer due to smoking or how about all the heart patients that have clogged arteries due to the fact they cant stop stuffing their faces with fat..
FYI:

One of the ironies is that people who do live longer are much more likely to die of Alzheimer's, etc.

The stark reality is that obese/smoking people tend to die quickly and younger whereas a dementia sufferer can linger for many years costing more $$$ in the long run

For the record: I do not smoke and am working on my weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or