U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:03 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I do not at all understand how the politicians in California think this is okay. I am just shaking my head. Is Nancy Pelosi really that strong out there? How can they continue to sustain this?
Apparently, California has an unlimited supply of federal funding. These astronomical amounts of welfare and social services provided to illegal aliens has been paid out for a while now. This is an interesting can of worms isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A depression will make a lot of the invaders flee.
Not as long as they are given food stamps and all the many rest here. The depression will also affect Mexico. They could go home and start living like they did 50 years ago, working hard, raising a few chickens, planting a garden but they've developed some real bad habits here. An awful lot of them aren't going to want to work, certainly not the work they'd be facing back home.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:32 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,920,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected nearly $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

In August, illegals collected over $19 million in welfare assistance and over $17 million in monthly food stamp allocations, for a projected annual cost of $432 million. Nearly twenty five percent of all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens.

“Illegal immigration continues to have a devastating impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers,” said Antonovich. “Annually, the cost of illegal immigration to Los Angeles County taxpayers exceeds one billion dollars, which includes $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $432 million in welfare allocations. This does not include millions of dollars for education.”
http://www.hometownstation.com/local-news/la-county-welfare-2008-09-26-03-26-2.html

Wow .. ... just wow.
So our government knows asactly where these illegals are... GO GET'EM!
Our government has all the needed info due to applying for benifits they
are NOT INTITLED TO! This is such bull $$$$.

Trust me... you ALL know that word has spread over the years... ALL you have
to do it get to America.... spit out a few anchor babies and whalaa... IT'S A
FRIGGIN MIRACLE... AMERICA GIVES US EVERTHING FOR FREE!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$

Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post

Of course they know. California, specifically L.A. is the capital of all US illegal alien sanctuaries. That being said, what's left of their taxpayers are either fleeing or fighting to change the laws.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post

Yes, indeed! The entire world knows how to scam the US. We have become the Welfare State for Mexico, and the laughingstock of the world. However, our economic woes will change this abuse significantly.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:12 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, indeed! The entire world knows how to scam the US. We have become the Welfare State for Mexico, and the laughingstock of the world. However, our economic woes will change this abuse significantly.
I am 100% sure you are correct: our financial 9-11 started almost to the day of the anniversary of when Osama attacked back in 2001. And the screaming irony is we have a better than 50/50 chance of having a President named Obama----------although methinks that Al Qaida will gag being that the Demo candidate is a Christian. Can someone say 'Karma'?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am 100% sure you are correct: our financial 9-11 started almost to the day of the anniversary of when Osama attacked back in 2001. And the screaming irony is we have a better than 50/50 chance of having a President named Obama----------although methinks that Al Qaida will gag being that the Demo candidate is a Christian. Can someone say 'Karma'?
While I am not an Obama supporter, I do believe that if he is elected, our relationship with the rest of the planet will change for the better.

What many fear mongers, racists, etc. fail to acknowledge is that the majority of the world outside of the US are people of color. While America is fighting amongst itself along party and racial lines, the rest of the world is happily rooting for Obama because they are sick of the white Americans who bully them. I say this not out of disrespect to my fellow Americans but from a point of reality.

While I love my country, we have made our share of mistakes which has resulted in the global hatred from the people of many nations, including our [paid] allies, who have gone along with us not out of loyalty but out of fear and simply for the sake of survival. The last 8 years has resulted in weakening our status in the eyes of the rest of the world, politically, financially, and militarily.

Many of these countries have grown up, are becoming increasingly independent of the US and many are outpacing America on every level. They are tired of being bullied and overshadowed. Make no mistake about it, if Obama is not elected, once the money runs out, so goes our allies, our political influence and our status as super power.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-27-2008 at 09:55 AM..

Old 09-27-2008, 11:01 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Wow -- how many working people are even in California? How much does each have to give to come up with this size welfare program?

Old 09-27-2008, 11:32 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I do not at all understand how the politicians in California think this is okay. I am just shaking my head. Is Nancy Pelosi really that strong out there? How can they continue to sustain this?
They can't.

Sooner or later the middle class flight from California will bring this house of cards tumbling to the ground.

I would bet sooner rather than later.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:19 PM

3,070 posts, read 3,334,721 times
Would California then get federal funding to keep going? I am shocked to read in another message on this list that this bailout includes a lot of money for ACORN and LaRaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
They can't.

Sooner or later the middle class flight from California will bring this house of cards tumbling to the ground.

I would bet sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or