U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 06:02 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
I'm glad we did too as there is nothing being mentioned here but mexicans.Kind of weird that there are dozens of races that are illegal but we keep going back to the mexicans.It does not take a brain surgeon that this is about color and race and nothing else.The funny part is i'm not even mexican and have never been illegal i've been legal the second i was born and yes i pay taxes speak english,not on welfare,not a criminal,don't eat rice and beans everyday etc..etc...etc.
Yep, Mexicans are being mentioned in this thread because YOU are mentioning them. (I thought this was supposed to be about the illegal Irish immigrants) You refuse to acknowledge that the anger the vast majority of people are experiencing is against ALL illegal immigrants no matter what nationality.

I'm guessing that it's because if you ain't got the race card to yank out of your back pocket to toss in people's faces, you ain't got nuthin'.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that you WANT this to be all about color and race and nothing else.

By the way, number of illegal immigrants in the United States: approximately 21,761,753.

Number of those that are other than Mexican: approximately 544,246.

I would venture to say that this is one of the reasons that your perception is skewed (The other being that you happen to see racists hiding under every little rock). This forum seems that it is proportionately about illegal immigrants from Mexico, because they outnumber OTM illegal immigrants by 20 to 1.

Who would have thought that simple mathematics could have solved the conundrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 06:13 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,277,594 times
Quote:
This is a comment from an Irish immigrant a group that we all have been avoiding here for one reason or onother.This is the immigration forum not the mexican forum i don't care if they are the majority.Illegal is Illegal no matter the color or the race.This comment backs up what i have been talking about. white americans prefer corned beef and lasagna than a burrito with all the works.This comment is coming from an "Illegal Irish"
folks.I don't know about you guys but i would rather eat a burrito with all the works than a boiled dinner.I've had those before and there not that great.

Illegal irish admitting to better treatment beacuse there white.

"We're all in the same boat," she said. "The Irish are lucky because we speak English and we're white: We do get treated better. But we (undocumented immigrants) are all hard workers. We all want a better life."
They assimilated.

You said: "Irish and Italians get a break becuase their White"

What you meant to say: "Irish and Italians get a break because they're white."

Old 09-28-2008, 06:15 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
They assimilated.

Never mind back in the Jim Crow South some of the dark skinned kids of Italian heritage had to go to the Colored schools----------despite being they were 'White' in the legal sense.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 09-28-2008 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: corrected some grammar flaws

Old 09-28-2008, 06:16 PM

582 posts, read 1,785,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
They assimilated.

Thank you big bear.Is that all you got big boy?

Old 09-28-2008, 06:19 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Never mind back in the Jim Crow South some of the dark skinned kids of Italian heritage had to go to the Colored schools----------despite being they were 'White' in the legal sense.
I'm curious about that, and would like to see a source

Old 09-28-2008, 07:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I'm curious about that, and would like to see a source
I'll keep you posted; been looking............I may have read it in one of Thomas Sowell's books.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:25 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I'll keep you posted; been looking............I may have read it in one of Thomas Sowell's books.
cool. not doubting you, just I never heard that before and would like to read about it.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
I'm glad we did too as there is nothing being mentioned here but mexicans.Kind of weird that there are dozens of races that are illegal but we keep going back to the mexicans.It does not take a brain surgeon that this is about color and race and nothing else.The funny part is i'm not even mexican and have never been illegal i've been legal the second i was born and yes i pay taxes speak english,not on welfare,not a criminal,don't eat rice and beans everyday etc..etc...etc.
I think that's only due to 1) the numbers, 2) that government's promotion of the breaking of US law by it's citizens -- it's presidents taking a far more active role in the illegal entry of it's citizens than those of other countries who stay out of our domestic policies and immigration laws, 3) the Mexican flags being put up everywhere and you don't see nearly as many other foreign flags, 4) being told we must learn Spanish or having to press 1 for Spanish 2 for English and so on.

If the president of Scotland for example was trying to claim a right to issue matricula cards, that is a foreign nation thinking it can issue official USA identification cards, or the government of Scotland insisted that it's citizens were under no obligation to obey our laws, and the Scottish flags were waved in our faces then there would be more anger directed at that group.

Or if it was the Haitian government demanding unlimited immigration rights for it's citizens and we were being told to learn French, and that they had a racial right to break whatever laws of our country don't suit them, then it would be that group that the people would resent.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:08 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,266,772 times
Quote:
There is nothing to offer they don't own puerto rico.If you knew your stuff before you spoke you would be better off.
U.S has military bases on the island and it's also a strategic point for the military.You don't own the island there's nothing to offer but again here we go with the old american attitude thinking you own everything and you deserve everything.That attitude has not made many friends with other countries all over the world my friend.So wake up and stop thinking other countries are beneath you.

Is that why Puerto Rico has YET to declare itself independent? I'm all for cutting y'all loose, but your own people can't decide whether or not they want independence or statehood.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:26 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Is that why Puerto Rico has YET to declare itself independent? I'm all for cutting y'all loose, but your own people can't decide whether or not they want independence or statehood.
Seriously. They were given a chance back in the 90s, I believe.

Once you're hooked to Uncle Sam's teet, however, it's hard to let go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration