Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:47 AM

582 posts, read 2,032,769 times

Advertisements

This is a comment from an Irish immigrant a group that we all have been avoiding here for one reason or onother.This is the immigration forum not the mexican forum i don't care if they are the majority.Illegal is Illegal no matter the color or the race.This comment backs up what i have been talking about. white americans prefer corned beef and lasagna than a burrito with all the works.This comment is coming from an "Illegal Irish"
folks.I don't know about you guys but i would rather eat a burrito with all the works than a boiled dinner.I've had those before and there not that great.

Illegal irish admitting to better treatment beacuse there white.

"We're all in the same boat," she said. "The Irish are lucky because we speak English and we're white: We do get treated better. But we (undocumented immigrants) are all hard workers. We all want a better life."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 11:53 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,306,253 times
The sentiment might also be "cozier" towards the Irish (and Italians? I didn't know Italians were still immigrating here in waves?) because the Irish don't feel this land was "stolen" from them, and therefore "we can't tell them what to do."

Just a hunch. Shut up and blend in, and Americans might tolerate illegals a tad bit more.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,504,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
This is a comment from an Irish immigrant a group that we all have been avoiding here for one reason or onother.This is the immigration forum not the mexican forum i don't care if they are the majority.Illegal is Illegal no matter the color or the race.This comment backs up what i have been talking about. white americans prefer corned beef and lasagna than a burrito with all the works.This comment is coming from an "Illegal Irish"
folks.I don't know about you guys but i would rather eat a burrito with all the works than a boiled dinner.I've had those before and there not that great.

"We're all in the same boat," she said. "The Irish are lucky because we speak English and we're white: We do get treated better. But we (undocumented immigrants) are all hard workers. We all want a better life."
Would you care to share a link? Furthermore, we HAVE discussed Irish illegal aliens, and the sentiments are the same. The Mexicans receive the lion’s share of the discussion due to their MASSIVE numbers, not their race/ethnicity. Why do you pro-illegals always try to make this a racial issue?

This is a recent thread discussing Irish illegals.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...0-illegal.html

Old 09-28-2008, 12:49 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,805,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Argeed, they get a break becuase there white, and anyone who diasrees is a @@34 wipe, pure and sample. But you cant disposess some people, nor can you refuit plane logic...much as some seak to do so.
how many meztizo hispanics have been given american status, the fact is there are way more of them than european illegals combined..

theres more mexican illegals than populations of medium sized cities

Old 09-28-2008, 12:50 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,805,227 times
Quote:

what race are mexicans? latino isnt it andthats for sure...what racial group do mexican illegals belong to in mexico?

also speaking the language of the country your illegal in has a better advantage over those of who,who dont speak english,

Old 09-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
how many meztizo hispanics have been given american status, the fact is there are way more of them than european illegals combined..

theres more mexican illegals than populations of medium sized cities
Boy you made this a lot better.I'm totally convinced let's go after just the mexicans because there's more of them.Forget the irish and italian there ain't enough of them.Great post problem solved! Let's go get us some damn Mexicans.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:12 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,727,026 times
One comment does not a plurality make. How about a link to this "statement" before getting your drawers in a wad.

I would also venture that you didn't bother to read the thread about this very subject before bulldozing your way through here with your "everybody picks on the Mexicans" attitude, did you?

Old 09-28-2008, 01:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,152,476 times
Quote:
Boy you made this a lot better.I'm totally convinced let's go after just the mexicans because there's more of them.Forget the irish and italian there ain't enough of them.Great post problem solved! Let's go get us some damn Mexicans.
All illegals need to be deported as I have said countless times.....
The focus is on those South of the border because they constitute the greatest problem due to for no other reasons the shear volume. Its not a race issue for most anti-illegals. Its a numbers issue compounded by the demands for special rights, consideration and arrogance of mentality that the USA somehow owes them a free pass.
If your damn is leaking which holes would you attempt to repair first? The small leakers or that 10 inch hole in the center? Me I am going after the big hole first then I'll tackle the lessor holes.
The SOB leak is the big leak and should be a priority. But make no mistake once thats under control I am all for going after all other illegals with an equal intensity.
Your spelling is better than mine. My fat fingers double stroke and miss spaces. By the wayI don't judge you based on grammar, spelling or ethnic background. For that matter I have not judged you at all.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:38 PM

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/09/BAG7DO1K5D1.DTL - 75k

This where i got the information. the irish we're even rallying which on this forum is not acceptable if you're mexican.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:39 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,604,320 times
Hmm, I must have missed the "lets keep all the anglo looking illegals and throw out all the mexicans!" thread. Maybe you could show it to me?
Oh, yeah --- doesn't exist! Russian, Irish and Polish illegals need to be deported. Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese illegals need to be deported. And yes, any Mexican, Guatamalan, Nicaraugan illegals need to be deported too. This has been made clear time and time again.
Instead of labeling people racist because to a certain extent Mexican has come to mean illegal you should put the blame where it belongs. On laraza, on Latina, on mecha, on lulac, on PEW, on every immigration protester that proudly waves the mexican flag during rallies, and finally on calderon himself. These are the reasons people make an automatic link to mexico and illegal immigration --- it is not due to latent racist tendencies, but it has everything to do with race mongering politicians and their sycophants.
Do yourself a favor and read more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration