U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:24 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times

Advertisements

Police shooting
Cops: Suspected drug dealer killed by police was illegal immigrant

SHERYL KORNMAN and DAVID L. TEIBEL
Tucson Citizen
A suspected drug dealer killed by an Oro Valley undercover police officer Wednesday at a North Side shopping center was a Mexican citizen in the U.S. illegally, Tucson police said.
The man, who has not been publicly identified, was seen moments before the shooting selling narcotics in the parking lot of the shopping center, at East Wetmore Road and North First Avenue, police said
The shooting occurred as officers were investigating a report of someone selling heroin off-campus to students at Canyon del Oro High School.
Undercover officers were following two suspects from Oro Valley into Tucson and witnessed the narcotics sale, Tucson police said.
They took action to apprehend the suspects without first calling in Tucson police, said Tucson police Lt. Rick Middleton.
He said Tucson police were alerted at 4:40 p.m. when several 911 callers reported shots fired at the shopping center.
Tucson police were dispatched to the scene.
Middleton said at a news conference Thursday afternoon that the shooting took place after what appeared to be a heroin sale was completed.
It was witnessed by an Oro Valley police officer in plainclothes, who moved in to question the suspect.
As he approached the suspect's vehicle in his unmarked police vehicle, the suspect rammed the police car, Middleton said.
Fearing for his safety, the officer, Pete Klegg, 40, fired at the suspect with a handgun, killing him, Middleton said.

She confirmed that the drug allegedly offered for sale to students was heroin.
http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/ss/local/97772.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 05:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Kids: Don't do drugs!

Old 09-28-2008, 05:46 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Well one more honest hard working undocumented immigrant living the american dream. POP oooops the dream got busted. Always glad to see a drug dealer bite the dust regardless of race or citizenship.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well one more honest hard working undocumented immigrant living the american dream. POP oooops the dream got busted. Always glad to see a drug dealer bite the dust regardless of race or citizenship.
I hear you. They are right down there with rapists and pedophiles.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:22 PM

We should be outfitting the Police with the Saiga 12 shot gun. Now that would level the playing field.http://video.google.com/videosearch?...um=7&ct=title#

Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
We should be outfitting the Police with the Saiga 12 shot gun. Now that would level the playing field.saiga 12 - Google Video
At the rate the cartels are spilling over our borders, there will be a need to make them available to citizens. That's a big bad machine.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
At the rate the cartels are spilling over our borders, there will be a need to make them available to citizens. That's a big bad machine.
I shot 1 today its a sweet gun if you can handle the action. Were shooting bird shot and laughing like loons when we would miss the clay bird. Shooting in the rain I might add.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I shot 1 today its a sweet gun if you can handle the action. Were shooting bird shot and laughing like loons when we would miss the clay bird. Shooting in the rain I might add.
Since you were in the rain, I'll give you a pass. I had my mouth all set to dog you baby!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,015,968 times
Isnt it amazing how those clay pigeons can fly out of the path of the shot................

Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Since you were in the rain, I'll give you a pass. I had my mouth all set to dog you baby!
I didn't miss with my 1100. That saiga is fun to shoot. I would volunteer for border patrol if I was allowed to carry one loaded with rock salt. LOL Just kidding sassy, Bianca and anyone else suitably offended. I would only shoot at those who actually attempted to flee for their lives. LOL just kidding again. Seriously I am. I would only fire in self defence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or