U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 07:58 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,908,833 times

Advertisements

A Davidson County Criminal Court jury found two parents guilty Friday night in the death of their infant daughter.

Nelson Aguilar Gomez, the baby's father, was convicted of first-degree felony murder and three counts of aggravated child abuse. The mother, Florinda Lopez, was found guilty of facilitation of first-degree felony murder and two counts of aggravated child abuse.

They were charged in the death of 3-month-old Azucena Lopez-Lajuj, who died in March 2007 at Baptist Hospital. The child had broken ribs, a head injury, bleeding behind her eyes and damage to her small bowel, authorities have said.

The Nashville couple, originally from Guatemala, will be sentenced Nov. 12. Gomez faces an automatic life sentence for the murder conviction, and Lopez faces a sentence of 15 years for facilitating the crime, district attorney's office spokeswoman Susan Niland said

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080927/NEWS03/809270346&template=printart

They should put them in a cell with the most violent inmates and allow said inmates to use them to physically reinact what they did to that innocent baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 01:18 PM

14 posts, read 23,612 times
Default If people only knew....

Okay this is hard because ultimately a childs life was lost...but I know Florinda lopez personally and I was in court to hear the evidence and I know that the baby was already deceased when Florinda got home from working a double shift...also the father, Nelson Gomez, wrote a letter to her lawyers admiting guilt which was not even brought up in court and there was nothing she could do about that, she can't even speak English to defend herself which is one of the reasons I belive she got railroaded by some very angry people who blame her because her abusive boyfriend murdered thier baby. I understand that she was here illegally but the penalty for that is deportation instead she got 25 years with no eligibility of parole. She is NOT another Susan Smith who just wanted to be rid of her child she loved and cared for her baby and trusted her boyfriend to do the same while she was at work, unfortuantly for everyone involved he was not worthy of that trust and violated the unspoken agreement of child and parent horribly and he will pay for that with his life in prison which I am glad of but Flori should not have to pay with hers. Thank you for listening please consider what I have written here. I am not trying to make anyone angry only trying to put the truth out there. God bless you all...and remember he said that the one without sin should cast the first stone.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:13 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,902,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelanddiana View Post
Okay this is hard because ultimately a childs life was lost...but I know Florinda lopez personally and I was in court to hear the evidence and I know that the baby was already deceased when Florinda got home from working a double shift...also the father, Nelson Gomez, wrote a letter to her lawyers admiting guilt which was not even brought up in court and there was nothing she could do about that, she can't even speak English to defend herself which is one of the reasons I belive she got railroaded by some very angry people who blame her because her abusive boyfriend murdered thier baby. I understand that she was here illegally but the penalty for that is deportation instead she got 25 years with no eligibility of parole. She is NOT another Susan Smith who just wanted to be rid of her child she loved and cared for her baby and trusted her boyfriend to do the same while she was at work, unfortuantly for everyone involved he was not worthy of that trust and violated the unspoken agreement of child and parent horribly and he will pay for that with his life in prison which I am glad of but Flori should not have to pay with hers. Thank you for listening please consider what I have written here. I am not trying to make anyone angry only trying to put the truth out there. God bless you all...and remember he said that the one without sin should cast the first stone.
I don't doubt what you say might've happened.. Very sad anytime something like this happens.
Just to warn you, the posters on here will attack your post anyways, and look for a way to blame the mother.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,911,256 times
A child was killed. No greater crime can I imagine than someone killing an innocent child.
The mother lived with the man, she knew the man. And yet she trusted this innocent life to such a man.
She may not have harmed a hair on the childs head but she most certainly facilitated or at the very least is a partner in the murder.
I am sick of people making excuses for one parent or the other. I fought the legal system to save my daughter from her mother. I went into debt to my eyeballs to save her. Because where I live all moms are good and all dads are bad in the eyes of child protective services.There is no valid excuse for one parent allowing another to kill the child. If you are worried even a little you remove that child from danger. No different than if the child is playing next to a loaded gun. You don't say oh maybe we'll get lucky this time and our child won't notice the gun. You remove the gun. Unload the gun and lock it in a seperate place from the ammunition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or