Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 08:29 AM

146 posts, read 572,024 times

Advertisements

The public schools in Texas (and Colorado and probably lots of other states) are not required to report the presence of illegal aliens registered in their schools. Wouldn't it serve the best interests of American citizens to require public schools to start reporting illegal aliens rather than aiding and abetting criminal activity?

Last edited by english_teacher; 01-02-2007 at 08:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 08:31 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,331 times
There are lots of apartment buildings that do not report illegal aliens in Saint Louis. They just make them pay a higher deposit, and more for rent. That makes me angry.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Yes they should have to report them, why they dont is beyond me. We make it way to easy for them.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:34 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Yes, why not? But I bet a lot of them are "anchor babies" and therefore "legal".

Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
The public schools in Texas (and Colorado and proabably lots of other states) are not required to report the presence of illegal aliens registered in their schools. Wouldn't it serve the best interests of American citizens to require public schools to start reporting illegal aliens rather than aiding and abetting criminal activity?

Yup, seems like a reasonable thing to do. Plus meter readers, doctors, bank clerks, anyone who requires somebody present some type of documentation. After all the same Police State will report me for all sorts of activities in a heartbeat. Including for having an "Illegal" dog or pet and tons of other crimes.

Even illegal dogs should be reported, especially if they don't have the proper papers. They sure will in my county.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:34 AM

484 posts, read 1,944,623 times
Default On top of everything else?

No. We already require teachers to be social workers. Now they would have to be ICE agents as well.

Plus, how would they tell? What happens when they're wrong (and they will be)?

Old 01-02-2007, 12:35 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post
No. We already require teachers to be social workers. Now they would have to be ICE agents as well.

Plus, how would they tell? What happens when they're wrong (and they will be)?
Exactly.
How about having the illegal aliens' employers report them?
Oh, wait, we tried that.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:41 PM

409 posts, read 1,237,066 times
ANY illegal should be taken to the border, kicked across, and told that if he/she comes back he/she will go to prison.

They come over here for money to support their families, right? How long do you think it will be before some terrorist offers them money to smuggle in WMDs (like sarin)? SECURE THE **** BORDERS NOW!!

Old 01-02-2007, 12:46 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
I believe the anchor baby law should be struck down. How on earth are we supposed to deport parents who are illegal aliens, of children who are citizens?

I'm wondering how many kids are in the Texas schools who cross the border daily in order to attend school?

Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
ANY illegal should be taken to the border, kicked across, and told that if he/she comes back he/she will go to prison.

They come over here for money to support their families, right? How long do you think it will be before some terrorist offers them money to smuggle in WMDs (like sarin)? SECURE THE **** BORDERS NOW!!
Now that you know that the New York City DOE forbids denying of a student's place in city schools due to immigration status, how does this make you feel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration