Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 07:15 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times

Advertisements

This is such great news. Keep up the good work America and true Americans.

Sheriff’s immigration tip line ringing off the hook

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is seeing an upswing in calls regarding businesses allegedly hiring illegal immigrants. The Sheriff's Office has tip lines for the public to call about unlawful employment of illegal immigrants; drop houses where migrants are kept after entering the U.S. from Mexico; and day laborers looking for work. Arpaio said his office has received 904 calls so far this year regarding claims of illegal immigrant hiring. That's up from 647 such calls for all of 2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 11:47 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Ya know, I just perused the DHD site and don't see any hotline number. Does BP have a hotline number?

Old 09-30-2008, 12:12 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is seeing an upswing in calls regarding businesses allegedly hiring illegal immigrants. The Sheriff's Office has tip lines for the public to call about unlawful employment of illegal immigrants; drop houses where migrants are kept after entering the U.S. from Mexico; and day laborers looking for work. Arpaio said his office has received 904 calls so far this year regarding claims of illegal immigrant hiring. That's up from 647 such calls for all of 2007.

Thats great news---gimme a sec...let me put that number on speed dial!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post

I'd wish they do this in VA. I have a few businesses that im curious about their workers status after their employees show me questionable IDs in my bank.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'd wish they do this in VA. I have a few businesses that im curious about their workers status after their employees show me questionable IDs in my bank.
There's a prominent landscaper located in MD I'd like to have investigated as well. They operated a modest business for over 30 years. However, within the past several years, the business has experienced phenomenal growth.

Previously, the employees were American. Now, they are ALL "immigrants." The owner has even purchased several homes in the area adjacent to the nursery for employee residences. I perused their website last year, and they were advertising for an HR Manager -- bilingual English/Spanish "required."

Old 09-30-2008, 10:43 PM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
I'm amazed but not suprised. Last year in Dodge City, KS I took over a store that was originally owned by a local family, but then was sold to the company I work for. The first thing I did upon taking over management of the store was to ensure all of the employees were legal US citizens with generally clean criminal records. I was shocked to discover that ten employees including the previous store manager were illegal! All of them were fired immediatly. Within two weeks, business at the store increased significantly as word went throughout the town that my company (and myself) meant business when it came down to illegal vs US labor. This proves what the majority of US citizens truely feels about illegals in the workplace! (By the way, for folks that think replacing the illegals was difficult, think again...My staff was in place within four days of removing these vultures from my store!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration