U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2008, 06:28 PM
 
494 posts, read 647,887 times
Reputation: 201

Advertisements

Republican candidate Sen. John McCain has been ducking the illegal immigration issue during the campaign and no wonder! His home state of Arizona is experiencing an unprecedented invasion of illegal aliens.

Link to rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,826 posts, read 30,101,014 times
Reputation: 17698
That's nothin, we have about 2-3 million but you cannot count all the ants in an ant pile at one time because they keep hiding. I'd say it's much, much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2008, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
11,505 posts, read 8,154,462 times
Reputation: 5709
Cant blame this on Sherrif Joe Arpaio...he is busting them all over the county 24/7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,826 posts, read 30,101,014 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Cant blame this on Sherrif Joe Arpaio...he is busting them all over the county 24/7

I think you can blame Ok

But it's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. They are moving that much closer to the door
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2008, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
Republican candidate Sen. John McCain has been ducking the illegal immigration issue during the campaign and no wonder! His home state of Arizona is experiencing an unprecedented invasion of illegal aliens.

Link to rest.
Funny; I live here in Arizona and the illegals have been thinning out in just the last 12 months. That 550K figure sounds bogus to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 6,000,517 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny; I live here in Arizona and the illegals have been thinning out in just the last 12 months. That 550K figure sounds bogus to me.
Maybe they got replaced by some illegal Irish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2008, 07:38 PM
 
307 posts, read 458,567 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny; I live here in Arizona and the illegals have been thinning out in just the last 12 months. That 550K figure sounds bogus to me.
Close. Not bogus, but definitely out of date. The figures are from a report released in Jan 2007 which means the data comes from 2006 or EVEN EARLIER.

Well before you folks in Arizona passed employment laws that have been forcing the Illegals out and into my state of California.

DAMN YOU ARIZONANS!


Quote:
In a new report released by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Arizona’s illegal alien population in January 2007 is estimated to be 530,000 — or about three out of every four of the state’s immigrant population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,350,230 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny; I live here in Arizona and the illegals have been thinning out in just the last 12 months. That 550K figure sounds bogus to me.
AZ Bear is right...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2008, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,028 posts, read 32,006,557 times
Reputation: 30428
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Close. Not bogus, but definitely out of date. The figures are from a report released in Jan 2007 which means the data comes from 2006 or EVEN EARLIER.

Well before you folks in Arizona passed employment laws that have been forcing the Illegals out and into my state of California.

DAMN YOU ARIZONANS!
Actually we have a similar thing going on the east coast. Virginia is passing laws against illegals left and right and most of those VA illegals are going into Maryland and MD is more and more starting to get mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2008, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Actually we have a similar thing going on the east coast. Virginia is passing laws against illegals left and right and most of those VA illegals are going into Maryland and MD is more and more starting to get mad.
You're darn tootin'. We will soon 'clean house' like VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top