Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:56 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I know how you feel.

So it's not for the benefit of all illegals -- just those from Mexico?

There you go, putting countries in his mouth !.....shame !...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 03:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
haha! let obama win and then let him find a way to pay for all of his social programs. the party has just ended!!! all of those people who are going to vote for obama and want all of his handouts are going to find the cupboard bare after this election. we are not paying!!!!
After looking at Bush's debacle of a Presidential term (or two): I certainly do not trust McCain either.

And I am a registered Republican.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:28 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
After looking at Bush's debacle of a Presidential term (or two): I certainly do not trust McCain either.

And I am a registered Republican.
i probably won't vote for either, but i have to analyze everything now. i know that i am not for bigger government because our government sucks. there is no way i will vote for obama, especially with his pandering to every single group to get votes and promising everybody everything. i don't know if i have the stomach to vote for mccain, though. this is one heck of a mess that america finds itself in.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
If they wanted to find out how many of us were actually against Illegal Immigration, all one would have to do is charge their view on Immigration and watch who takes the lead.

I just heard on the radio that now because of the Bailout, the war, and Immigration are now in the shadows.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:16 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
now our country has so many issues. how did we get to this place? first i was furious but now i am sad for our country. i think people now have no sense of loyalty to the country and it will be taking care of oneself from now on.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:32 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
The problem is that they think Obama is the Messiah, and nothing that happens to them will change their opinion of him. He voted against a bill that added extra penalties for crimes committed during gang activities because it discriminated against minors (HB 1812). In his book, Audacity of Hope, he intends to use affirmative action to allow the federal government to decide on the basis of race when awarding college scholarships. I believe he will take control away from the states to decide whether or not to fund illegal alien's requests.

Finally, he told a Planned Parenthood group in July, 2007 that the first thing he would do as President is sign in the Freedom of Choice Act which do away with every regulation against abortion, do away with all state restrictions of government funding for abortions--meaning we as taxpayers will pay for unrestricted abortions--and will do away with the laws that protect doctors and nurses' jobs if they refuse to do an abortion. See a discussion of this on the NOW website. They do not tell you what the net effect will be.

Illegal aliens will be celebrated by Obama as heros for what they have gone through. I believe he is dangerous for our country and will drive us down to nothing. Palin is Minnie Mouse compared to him.

I respect you all so much. I hope my complete disdain for what Obama intends to do does not turn you against me. I will support him as President if he is elected, but know that I will fight hard against what he intends to do.

Quote:
haha! let obama win and then let him find a way to pay for all of his social programs. the party has just ended!!! all of those people who are going to vote for obama and want all of his handouts are going to find the cupboard bare after this election. we are not paying!!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:02 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I plan to vote for the Libertarian Presidental ticket (Mainly b/c of Barr's voting record on immigration) so i'm liable to not like what happens anyway.

One thing i will say about Obama is he made a wiser VP choice. I'm not liking this pandering (i refer to it as another foul word), especially for a law-breaking population.
I was really hoping that Ron Paul would be the libertarian candidate but I will vote for Barr as well.

As for Obama, the pandering is what turned me and many of my friends off as well. The media ASSumption in terms of the percentage of votes he will get based solely on race is ridiculous.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:23 PM

55 posts, read 141,810 times
F__k that!! There are people who are U.S CITIZENS in this country that cant even afford to go to college! What about aid for them????? WTF is he talking about??? Screw illegals! Send them back to Mexico!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:30 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposabella View Post
F__k that!! There are people who are U.S CITIZENS in this country that cant even afford to go to college! What about aid for them????? WTF is he talking about??? Screw illegals! Send them back to Mexico!!!
ITA. While I feel bad for the Americans trapped in California, at least "Ahhhhnold" realized that it would be stupid to pass the DreamAct. Then too, maybe it was part of the stipulation for him receiving the money he is requesting in bailout.

Here's hoping he cuts off their welfare as well.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:45 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,721 times
Quote:
i probably won't vote for either, but i have to analyze everything now. i know that i am not for bigger government because our government sucks. there is no way i will vote for obama, especially with his pandering to every single group to get votes and promising everybody everything. i don't know if i have the stomach to vote for mccain, though. this is one heck of a mess that america finds itself in.
I agree with you. McAmnesty, or Obama. Neither one works for me. I liked Romney. At least he know economics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration